• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Joerg Haider assassinated?

balding13

Ephemeral Spectre
Just another coincidence, or perfect timing, after the neo-nazi electoral success?

In all probability, a coincidence. Car accidents happen. Think what happened when John Mack died in London - within hours people were murmuring about him being silenced, whereas in reality the same happened to him as happens to a depressing number of people in the UK every week.

I'm not saying security services aren't entirely above causing RTAs, but I think it's safe to say they'd rather have had the likes of Haider where they could keep an eye on him as opposed to being a potential martyr.

Now I've googled and seen what weirdo forums are saying.....

.... I probably shouldn't have posted this! However, single occupant fatalities in cars are very rare unless the driver has been drinking or taking drugs.

Its strange timing as there has just been an anniversary celebration of an english neo-nazi, supposedly killed by the usual suspects with the 'remote control' steering device beloved of secret agents assassins!

Mohammed al Fayed tells me thatPrince Phillip was spotted in the area. He had grease on his hands...

Modern upmarket cars all suffer a surfeit of electronic complexity. The more complex a system becomes the more that can go wrong, isn't that what they say?

Especially, if someone is a whiz with the remote control. 8)

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Modern upmarket cars all suffer a surfeit of electronic complexity.
That's very true. A colleague who teaches car mechanics told me a while back that the electronics on certain high-end BMW models are notorious for just abruptly packing up. There's no easy way to bypass them, so if the thing shorts out you're royally stuffed. Even their own dealers are reticent to flog them to people who go off the beaten track much.

I just read a report that Haider was doing 142 km/h in a 70km/hour zone when he was killed.

Xanatico said:
I just read a report that Haider was doing 142 km/h in a 70km/hour zone when he was killed.
And you know what happens, when a Scaletrix® goes too fast? The cars go flying off the little plastic track. :(

Xanatico said:

You believe what you hear on thr radio/tv?

Well I admit this was from a not very credible paper. However I´m not going to assume a conspiracy untill there´s evidence for that.

Funny thing about this, I immediately thought 'conspiracy!' and 'assassination?' as soon as I heard about his death...

Conspiracy or not, I am very pleased this nazi has died.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy ;)

First the news that, apparently, Haider had been driving while under the influence, with a blood alcohol level, 3x the legal limit.

Now, this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/23/jorge

Leader says Haider was his lover

The Guardian, Kate Connolly in Berlin. October 23 2008

The successor to the Austrian rightwing populist Jörg Haider, Stefan Petzner, has shocked the staunchly conservative country by revealing in a tearful interview that they shared a "special relationship".

Petzner, 27, who was confirmed yesterday as the leader of the Alliance for the Future of Austria (BZO) after Haider's death in a car crash two weeks ago, made the admission on Austrian radio, effectively confirming long-standing rumours that he and Haider were lovers.

Attempts by the party to stop repeats of the broadcast failed after the state broadcaster ORF insisted it would not be gagged.

Petzner, who met Haider five years ago when he was working as a beauty correspondent, said he felt a "magnetic attraction" to the firebrand politician, who was 31 years his senior. He said that Haider's main worry was that their relationship would not withstand the age gap.

Petzner said: "We had a relationship that went far beyond friendship. Jörg and I were connected by something really special. He was the man of my life."

The news stunned Austria, which has been coming to terms with the death of the anti-immigrant politician. Haider, who voted against a parliamentary motion to lower the age of consent for homosexuals, had presented himself as a family man who drank sparingly. But after the car crash it was revealed that he had been driving at twice the speed limit, his blood alcohol level had been four times the legal limit, and he had spent his final hours in a gay bar in Klagenfurt, the capital of the southern state where he was governor.

There has been further speculation that the crash happened after Haider and Petzner argued at a party.

Petzner said that Claudia, Haider's wife of 32 years and the mother of his two daughters, had not objected to their relationship.

But in an interview published in an Austrian women's magazine, Petzner's sister Christiane seemed to suggest otherwise.

"Claudia was sometimes jealous of him because he spent more time with her husband than she did," she said.
It just keeps getting better and better. It's like something straight out of 'The Blues Brothers', really!

:rofl:

This reminds me of one of the best true comedy headlines ever; a play about closet homosexuality and facism was picketed by both the Gay Lib Front and the NF, as both objected to the play's suggestions! In all seriousness, I feel like Wilhelm Reich got it right:- capitalism leads to genital repression and that leads to facism, especially in the case of alternative sexuality! Tolerance will reap tolerance.

balding13 said:
..I feel like Wilhelm Reich got it right:- capitalism leads to genital repression and that leads to facism, especially in the case of alternative sexuality! Tolerance will reap tolerance.
[cough]Max Moseley[/cough]

Ah now,sins of the father and all that ye know.

Damn fine new avatar.

Yeah, well MM, staunch minder of his Dad at Empire Loyalist rallys. Maybe spanking changed him from the outreness of facism to the dullness of F1?

Anyway, he was outed! If he'd been able to say, 'I'm a spankee and a spanker', he might have been more laid back!

Back