• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

john lennons ghost on vh1

joncfc

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi all, Im not sure if i remember this or a dreamt it! Around the time the Beatles anthologies were coming out (i think), Paul Mccartney was being interviewed on either vh1 or mtv. At one point near the end of the interview the subject went onto John Lennon and at that moment the tv picture went all strange as if the camera had been subjected to some kind of strange interfearence. I do remember the cameraman swearing as a result which had to be bleeped out. Strangely on hearing this expletive, Paul said matter of factly something along the lines of 'dont worry, its just John' At that point i think the interview ended.

Did that interview happen or was i asleep? Did anyone else see this clip? I've had a quick look on youtube but without success.. :?

My immediate thought is publicity stunt,but i speak in ignorance because i didn't see the show.

Macca might have been joking - a faulty camera is more likely than the spectre of John Lennon. Then again, this does ring a bell, was Macca briefly haunted by his old bandmate at all?

Macca often tells a story of how, in the very early days of the Beatles, he, John and Stu Sutcliffe (the original bassist) entered into a pact whereby if one of them died, he would return from 'the other side' and show some sort of sign to the other two. Well, Sutcliffe died tragically young not long afterwards and Paul and John waited, but nothing ever happened.

Paul can get very soppy about Lennon at times (attributing a white peacock straying into a photoshoot as being a manifestation of John's spirit, for example), but to the best of my knowledge he's never actually claimed to have been visited posthumously by him.

Ooooooh, I tried hard to resist but failed miserably due to 'topical inference'. :roll:

This is a link to my 'Back To Kintyre' CD EP, (Yep, Chris A is me) featuring a song where Linda McCartney's ghost returns to Kintyre. Check the lyric - Back To Kintyre. Oh, and buy it please. 8)

http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/

Well, possibly........but he has posted 170 more posts than you! :lol:

Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist.

haha, spam? Bit harsh. Been on this forum for years and never posted a link to my music. Really, it was just topical.

Shoot me!

JackDark said:
haha, spam? Bit harsh. Been on this forum for years and never posted a link to my music. Really, it was just topical.

Shoot me!

Ha! I think it's on topic enough for a 150+ poster to get away with. Besides, the shameless "Oh, and buy it please" somehow makes it ok in my book!

Spam is usually when some sod comes on here and posts purely to promote stuff and for no other reason. At least JackD's post was vaguely on topic and it even exhibits a certain amount of Fortean fortuitousness.

P_M :)

WhistlingJack said:
Paul can get very soppy about Lennon at times (attributing a white peacock straying into a photoshoot as being a manifestation of John's spirit, for example), but to the best of my knowledge he's never actually claimed to have been visited posthumously by him.

The peacock was what I was thinking of, thanks.

Hang on.. isn't McCartney's dead!

Who's haunting who?

:?

Moooksta said:
Hang on.. isn't McCartney's dead!

Who's haunting who?

:?

Linda McCartney is dead.
Paul just looks that way, but is very much alive. :)

Paul's been dead for years! haven't you heard the lyrics?

JackDark said:

Shoot me!

Terribly sorry. I drink a lot and only just found out I posted here. Anything like that is always meant in a joking manner, I tend to assume that people share my sense of what I intend as humour. Sorry again!

But nobody on this forum drinks alcohol!! we are all very pure! :_pished:

titch said:
But nobody on this forum drinks alcohol!! we are all very pure! :_pished:
So true!

Now it's time for my medically prescribed fermented apple juice.
(It takes all me troubles away...) ;)

Back