• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Joshua Ward House Photo

This is my first post, so please be gentle.

I remember seeing this photo on the internet (of course), and the caption said that a real estate agent took it in her offices. Naturally she didn't see Miss Ross when she took the photo; instead, she said she was taking a picture of a calendar.

The photo really spooked me the first time I saw it.

ponder

ponder_s said:
This is my first post, so please be gentle.

I remember seeing this photo on the internet (of course), and the caption said that a real estate agent took it in her offices. Naturally she didn't see Miss Ross when she took the photo; instead, she said she was taking a picture of a calendar.

The photo really spooked me the first time I saw it.

ponder

Man!!! YOu've been lurking for two years?!? Without a word! and then this?! Tsk! Anyhow, why did it spook you? Surley it was a Diana Ross Calender, the 'real estate agent' was photographing?! ;) Does Diana Ross scare you?! Does she? She used to make me switch channel, but that was it.

Thank you for the kind welcome!

I lurked for two years because my account was locked, unbeknownst to me, since I had registered with a hotmail email account. Then I changed jobs, moved twice, blah blah blah... I only recently got my account activated by a nice Fortean Times lady named Jean.

This may have been an inauspicious maiden voyage for my posting career, but one's got to start somewhere...

As a matter of fact, Diana Ross does scare me. Aside from being as crazy as a bedbug (I hear), I understand she is the original that Michael Jackson was working from when he did THAT to his poor damn face. :shock:

ponder

ponder_s said:
As a matter of fact, Diana Ross does scare me. Aside from being as crazy as a bedbug (I hear), I understand she is the original that Michael Jackson was working from when he did THAT to his poor damn face. :shock:

ponder

I read in Spy magazine speculations that he'd modeled his face on Tutankhamun, boy king of Egypt...

Perhaps the resemblance to Diana Ross is just a tragic coincidence.

I just had another look at the photograph and had one of those little epiphanies you sometimes get when you look at something afresh and without prejudice, or maybe when you just take yourself by surprise.

Is there not a chance that the most obvious feature of the picture - the wild, and, for some bizarre reason, slightly spooky hair - isn't hair at all. When I just looked at the photo I didn't see a cadaverous Diana Ross lookalike but a woman standing in front of a door on which is hanging a large wreath. Given the blurred nature of the image it kind of makes sense visually and when you look at it like that it suddenly becomes a lot less spooky? Or do I just need to get my eyes tested?

Back