• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

just how real are these shows?

A

Anonymous

I enjoy watching the "ghost" shows over here in the U.S. The two I tend to follow are "World's Scariest Places" and "MTV's Fear". I really dont know if you guys in the UK get these shows or not. Anyhoo, heres the question.
Anybody know if either of these shows are completely faked? Or maybe somewhat real then enhanced by special effects? The Fear show in particular has had some creepy moments on it. If anybody has some inside info or even better some good links to info could you please post them?

Fear is definatly faked, so many gosts in such a relitivly small area? hmmmmm

Agent Nova said:
If anybody has some inside info or even better some good links to info could you please post them?

Having worked behind the scenes on a variety of different television productions and seen the frequent trickery that goes on even on basic things like gardening programmes (On one occasion, for example, a director grabbed a flower at random and sellotaped it to a plant which he wanted to appear 'in bloom') I have no doubt that most, if not all, of the creepy goings-on on shows like 'Fear' are set up by the crew.

The cost of multi-camera shoots is immense. When a company have invested heavily in a popular programme which is meant to guarantee shocks and surprises, you can be certain they will make sure these shocks happen on cue.

Would anyone tune in if these things didn't happen ?

Back