• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Lady beckoning

Iris

Justified & Ancient
My friend just rang me, rather frightened. She said she had been sitting in bed as it was cold when she heard a noise like a roaring wind out in the lounge room. She got up and went in. She said that there was a beautiful woman standing there all dressed in white and standing on what looked like a blue and white cloud. She said that the room was like ice. Then the woman turned the palm of her hand up and beckoned her. My friend was terrified and ran around the other way and let the dogs in and by the time she came back the woman was gone and she rang me until her son and his wife dropped in.
She's used to seeing things but doesn't know what this one means. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

Why did she let the dogs in? Was it just for protection, or had the dogs noticed something was up and started barking?

I'd have gone with the beautiful woman.
Hell, my life is dull at the moment, that would brighten it up. :)

I think she brought the dogs in for protection as she went back to her bedroom and talked to me on the phone till her son and his girlfriend came a little while later. I rang her later to see that she was ok and her partner had come home and she was feeling ok.
I said to her that the way she described the lady it sounded a bit like one of the religious pictures of the Virgin and she said she hadn't thought of that.
I'll have to ask her if the dogs were barking although they do sometimes anyway as they back onto a park where people walk their dogs. Although the only time they were really frantic for a long time when I was there ,and she had to bring them in to be quiet, it turned out a child had been assaulted in the park.

I took some print outs of the links to my friend today. she was really interested and said that some parts were similar to her experience but different too. She said that she first noticed the rushing wind noise and the sudden chill so she went to see if the back door had been left open.
Then she noticed the noise was from the lounge. She said that there was a blue grey type of cloud covering half the room and she could see this pretty woman down to the top of her chest. There was a kind of edging around the cloud like scallops or half circles. The cloud seemed to be drifting up and down slightly.
She thought the lady looked like she was in her 30's and she had beautiful dark auburn-red wavy hair down to her shoulders. The nose was a little sharp and the mouth was normal. She never spoke and she had black eyes gazing piercingly at her but she seemed to have no expression of hate or joy or anything just the penetrating gaze. She could not see white in the eyes. The clothing she could see was white and there was ruched lace at the neck. No jewellery that she could see.
My friend became nervous and turned to go but looked back to see if she was still there. She saw a hand, whiter than the rest of the body that she could see beckon her 4 times and she bolted in fear to bring in the younger dog as the old one was still asleep by the side of the bed.
She said that the one she brought in faced the lounge with her ears pricked and kept whining although there was now nothing to be seen there. The encounter she had lasted about 3 minutes. I'm not sure what has upset her so much this time as she's usually quite off hand with other things she has seen. Maybe because she said it lasted so much longer then other things she has seen.

Isis177 said:
I said to her that the way she described the lady it sounded a bit like one of the religious pictures of the Virgin and she said she hadn't thought of that.

Isn't the Virgin usually portrayed wearing blue or rose, and with her head covered (with a blue or red shawl)?

She sounds a little like Kwan Yin, although why she'd be floating around in someones house is another matter.

OK, who is Kwan Yin?

Kuan Yin is essentially a Buddhist goddess of mercy/compassion (goddess isn't quite the correct term I don't think but I'm too lazy to look it up).

I dunno though, Kuan Yin with auburn hair? It's possible of course... I think she has quite a few different representations (and anyway, a goddess can prolly appear any way she likes :D )

The apparition sounds quite "Marian" to me, though the description of the eyes is a little unsettling.

Edited to say: I think I would have gone to the woman too. It's not everyday a beautiful woman in a cloud appears in one's home- I just couldn't have passed up something so bizarre. OP, what other kinds of things has your friend seen (if it's okay for me to pry)?

Pink Taffy every house my friend has lived in she has seen different things so I think it's to do with her although I have seen some things as well when I have been with her. At the present house she has been complaining that someone knocks on the door but when her partner goes there is noone there. Sometimes a figure of a man is seen outside in the driveway. but it disapears quickly. Figures seem to flit down the passage past the lounge door. Lately she has said that there were little dwarf figures flitting along the hallway A couple of weeks ago whilst sitting in her lounge I could hear a noise like a dogs collar jingling so when she came in and said she had let the dogs in I said that I had heard the collars jingling but she looked and said" Well they aren't wearing their collars." so for the rest of my visit we kept hearing the jingling. Maybe it was her last dog, the one we saw playing ball with someone we couldn't see in the backyard of the last place she rented. I think she was scared when she saw the lady that she had come to take her away.
Actually I was reading an article somewhere on the net the other night about a book some authors have written about the Fatima appearance and when they looked up the original transcripts from the children the lady there had black eyes.

Back