• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Let The Right One In

onlyadownstat

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Anyone else seen this? I thought it was pretty good everall. It was a bit too long though. While the slowness of the scenes gave really great atmosphere I did find myself growing bored in certain parts. It was also very predictable. Despite that I'd definitely recomment it, it was well acted and the vampire was refreshingly animalistic. You really got the sense that being a vamp and drinking people's blood is actually pretty disgusting and horrible. Also, hats off to any vampire film that doesn't feature pvc costumes.

Er, wtf are you on about? :?

Any links, etc?

onlyadownstat said:
Anyone else seen this?
Not yet, but I expect that my wife, who's just discovered Twilight and True Blood, will probably bring home the DVD eventually. (We're currently trying to organise a babysitter so we can go see JJ Abrams' Star Trek!)

Thanks for your recommendation.

I loved it - but, given that I find most horror movies utterly inane and tedious, that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is about the only thing in existence that contains the potential to stop me being interested in women, and that Zombie movies look to me like adverts for bipedal pizza, minus the drama, then fans of the genre are probably better off not using my recommendation as a datum.

Understated and, in my opinion, all the more powerful for it.

...hats off to any vampire film that doesn't feature pvc costumes.

Precisely.

I just got it on Blu-ray, and also loved it. Totally didn't get the twist until I started reading the book either (sort of prefer the open endedness of the film and my not realising the twist, as well).

Edit: link in case anyone is wondering: http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/

The script was written by the author of the book, which was why it worked so well. (Apart from the WTF crotch shot in the movie that probably didn't need to be included at all)

I preferred the book but the movie was far more subtle.

Back