• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Lion Hugs & Kisses Saviour

I still think he's tasting her.

That link brought tears to my eyes when I saw it (and the others) on the cat thread. I don't know what the lion's doing but it's lovely to see.

Argh ye beat me to it Frobush. Still, it's worthy of a Fortean news item methinks :)

Diabolik8 said:
Argh ye beat me to it Frobush. Still, it's worthy of a Fortean news item methinks :)

Hooray! I finally won something! What prize do I get?

No - my link was hidden away and I guess 'it', and similar stuff, needs a dedicated thread.

escargot1 said:
I still think he's tasting her.

We have a very sweet cat who licks us on occassion. And, I'm afraid, I've thought she might be tasting us, too.

We have a very sweet cat who licks us on occassion. And, I'm afraid, I've thought she might be tasting us, too.

I'm not a huge fan of the rasping feline tongue. I dread to think how rough a lion's would be!

It's not a pleasant thought, but I suspect domestic cats lick us because they are attracted to the pheremones in our sweat, in much the same way that they do the armpit head rolling thing in Summer (shudder).

What i want to know is, did the lion wash its tongue after it licked its bum? :shock:

What i want to know is, did the lion wash its tongue after it licked its bum? Shocked

prob. not lol... i can't think that i've ever seen my kittys to that...

...maybe they lick 'cos they like the salt in sweat too?

That's what I was told in Elementary School, that they licked because the skin tastes like salt. Although my cat Rajah seems to have learned the meaning of the word "kiss" and often licks me if I ask. :D

I'm sure I read somewhere that a lions tongue is rough enough to remove your skin. They use it to rasp the skin off dead zebras and suchlike. I could be wrong but I can think of better creatures to get a spitwash from.

beakboo said:
...I can think of better creatures to get a spitwash from.

Links? (I could have said 'lynx' but I'm not in the mood).

beakboo said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that a lions tongue is rough enough to remove your skin. They use it to rasp the skin off dead zebras and suchlike. I could be wrong but I can think of better creatures to get a spitwash from.
that's right - they use their rough tongues to lick the meat from the bones.
your bog-standard garden-variety moggy's tongue is coarse enough, I dread to think what a lion's feels like :shock:

Ooh I dunno those lions are a work shy lot.
Sleep for 23 hrs a day y'know.

Back