• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

little piles of white powder

superflip656

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I think there might be a thread about this already, but I can't find it I'm sorry.
I keep seeing little piles of white powder in shop doorways and on pavements (usually the side next to buildings). It looks like it might be flour - but I've not looked too closely I must admit.
I did wonder if it was to mark some sort of route? Maybe for a running club or similar? Although the locations make me doubt running clubs as they're not very 'scenic' (the last ones I saw were around an inner city bus station).
Any ideas?

Yeah, the other thread concluded that it was a running club marking its routes.

Really?? I asked a few people who belong to running clubs and they tell me they all plan their routes online now. None had heard of the white powder thing. Not beyond the realms of possibility I guess though.

I heard that around here the council put some sort of white powder down to stop weeds growing through the pavement cracks.

Vampires who stayed out after sunrise...

superflip656 said:
I think there might be a thread about this already, but I can't find it I'm sorry.
I keep seeing little piles of white powder in shop doorways and on pavements (usually the side next to buildings). It looks like it might be flour - but I've not looked too closely I must admit. ...

Poppin Fresh (the Pillsbury Doughboy) doesn't wear pants, and he gets incontinent when stinking drunk ... :twisted:

Are these piles near cracks/seams in the buildings? I don't know about the UK but around here (middle of the US) my first thought would be borax for ant control.

Rub the powder on your gums in the style of a seventies cop show and tell us if it tingles.

Is this running marker thing regional? doesnt happen here and sounds like a crock. Clearly they dont run in wind or rain.

AMPHIARAUS said:
Rub the powder on your gums in the style of a seventies cop show and tell us if it tingles.

Cops never really did that, if it was LSD in powder form they would be taking a few thousand hits.

Back