• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

LOST

I mentioned yonks ago that I stopped watching Lost after it disappeared from C4 over to Sky. I've only heard rumours and hearsay about what's happened since the end of season 2*, so the plot isn't spoiled, but even now the whole thing's ended, I'm not sure I can really be bothered to sit through 4 box-sets.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what happened in the intervening 4 years, or better still, convince me (as someone who did enjoy the first 2 years) that it's worth watching another 50-60 hours of Lost? Or am I better off looking for a brief plot synopsis on Wikipedia to put me out of my misery?

*eg time-travel, flash-forwards/sideways, heaven, Jim from Neighbours**...

** Mind you, he's everywhere, from X-Files to Torchwood!

I did it! I finally got to the end of Lost, and without it being spoiled for me too! I'm not sure what the consensus was of the final series, the last episode might have featured far too much crying, but I did find it quite touching.

Maybe that's down to having invested so much in the series (er, box sets don't come cheap, so thanks for that Murdoch), because I thoroughly enjoyed the whole mystery of it, and seeing the characters end up in a safe place was worth all that. Nice that the last shot should be the reverse of the opening one from all those years ago.

Was everything explained? Kind of, but I got the gist. I'm happy that I watched one of the best shows from mainstream American TV in a long time. I appreciated its imagination and mindbending plotting, plus the cast earned their money, they were great.

LOST Showrunners and Cast Talk Fan Theories, Favorite Easter Eggs, Deciding on the Final Outcome, and More at Paleyfest 2014

For more than 30 years, PaleyFest has held panel sessions and screenings that connect the worldwide community of television fans with the casts and creators of their favorite TV shows. One very special evening included a reunion with some of the cast and creative team behind Lost, one of the most talked about shows to ever be on television, which also currently happens to be celebrating its 10-year anniversary since it debuted. Collider was there to attend the panel, and we’ve compiled some of the highlights.

During the evening, executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, as well as actors Josh Holloway (“Sawyer”), Yunjin Kim (“Sun”), Jorge Garcia (“Hurley”), Henry Ian Cusick (“Desmond”), Ian Somerhalder (“Boone”), Maggie Grace (“Shannon”) and Malcolm David Kelley (“Walt”), talked about what they took from the set, their favorite fan theories, what the auditioning process for the pilot was like, why they decided to withhold information from even the actors, why they decided not to kill Jack in the pilot, that the characters were not dead the entire time, how doing a limited-run series now would have changed the show, what their intention with the outrigger was, their favorite Easter eggs, an aspect of the show they wish had turned out differently, and how they decided on the afterlife in the finale.
http://collider.com/lost-paleyfest-reca ... -lindelof/

Back