• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Love Crimes? Anyone Know Any?

A

Anonymous

hey everyone,

just doing a bit of research for a small project, and im wondering if anyone knows of any bizarre love crimes.

like, example, what lengths people goto to illustrate their love, or perhaps do silly things

one man broke his wife out of prison in a helicopter!

anyone?

Let's resurrect this dead thread for this:
1619517336455.png

Taxi driver with heartbreak rips laps in pasture and ends up in ditch
Venhuizen - A taxi driver decided to drive into a meadow on Saturday night to tear laps across the grassland. The madman's ride eventually ended in the adjacent ditch along the Voetakkers near the WestFriese Venhuizen.
According to witnesses, the driver drove slipping and speeding across the pasture and ended up in the ditch from the grassland.
The man was able to climb out of his car without a hitch. He told police that heartbreak had moved him to this bizarre action.
According to local media, the taxi driver was not under the influence of alcohol. A salvage company lifted the vehicle out of the water.

Surely that taxi driver could have driven a giant heart in to that field, or the name of the loved one.

I'm not sure if this counts, and I don't remember the details, but I saw a short documentary once about a high school couple who were so full of teen angst and love for each other they decided to commit suicide by driving their car into a wall at high speed while "Free Bird" played on the car's stereo. As I remember, the boy died but the girl lived. Afterwards she seemed to be emotionally distanced from the event but at the same time also appeared to still think it made sense.

Interested readers may be able to get more details by searching news stories on Long Island, New York, in the late 1970s or early 1980s.

Back