Lucky Escapes

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Yesterday, I spoke to a guy I work with. He'd driven back home at 3 am from working all night and he fell asleep while driving. The next thing he knew, he was crawling out of a wrecked car in a field. He was completely uninjured, amazingly - and seems to be laughing about it.
I told him off, because he could have crashed into another person, or a house, or another car. Instead, he just ended up in a field and didn't hit anything solid. He showed me a picture of the car - newish car, smashed. I told him to count his blessings.
What. An. Idiot.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Here's another gender reveal stunt gone horribly wrong. Luckily, in this case nobody died. Still, it did result in a plane crash ...
Gender reveal stunt led to plane crash in Texas

Another gender reveal stunt went horribly wrong and caused the recent plane crash in Texas, according to a National Transportation Safety Board accident report released Friday.

The pilot was flying a plane at a low altitude on September 7 as part of an elaborate gender reveal for a friend, according to the report.

The pilot dumped 350 gallons of pink water from the plane, but the plane was "too low" and immediately stalled. The pilot was not injured in the crash in Turkey, Texas, about 100 miles southeast of Amarillo, The plane's other passenger had minor injuries. The plane was designed to carry only one person, the report said.

This incident was the latest in a string of gender reveal stunts gone awry. ...
SOURCE (With Photo Of Crashed Plane): https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/us/gender-reveal-plane-crash-trnd/index.html

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
An arrow escape.

Mobile phones truly can be life savers - especially, it seems, when an arrow is hurtling towards you.
. . . The arrow was allegedly fired after the resident raised his phone to photograph the confrontation - only for the device to become an unlikely shield. . . .
Whenever I'm facing a potentially lethal assault, I always raise my phone to photograph the confrontation. It just makes sense.