• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Magnetic Flipper's Starlight Amplifier Device

Moooksta

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
From what I can gather You Tube poster "Magneticflipper" (his channel is HERE) has been shooting the night sky with a Starlight Amplifier Device, a camera that on moonless nights shows the night sky as light grey with visible stars...like night vision I guess or a negative image.

He's just released a batch of footage showing all manner of things flying above us.

I suppose they could be dismissed as lanterns strung together too tightly or perhaps space junk but the videos, there's only three or four, are rather good.

The UFO's he films have no running lights and are silently he says...so now we know how they move about the planet, being spotted only occasionally.

Interesting Mooks. Thanks for posting.

I cab barely wait to read the explanations!

There is probably a whole subset of UFOs which are only ever seen by observers using light-amplification equipment. The second event at Rendlesham is probably an example of this. They might be extraterrestrial ships in our skies with no lights on, but they are more likely to be the images of stars, dim meteors, insects, birds and aircraft that are amplified beyond all recognition.

Could they be insects? Or birds? It's certainly interesting, but I'd like to see the guy use a bit of zoom, so we can get a better idea of shape and distance, etc.

Satellites. All that's showing in the footage is reflections on certain parts.

Moooksta said:
From what I can gather You Tube poster "Magneticflipper" (his channel is HERE) has been shooting the night sky with a Starlight Amplifier Device, a camera that on moonless nights shows the night sky as light grey with visible stars...like night vision I guess or a negative image.

The first and fourth videos seem to show a ridgid v-shaped flying thing. The other two videos--I dunno.

Nevertheless, the first and fourth video are very intriguing. I doubt that satellites are built in that shape.

You're not seeing all of the satellite - just bits of it that are reflecting enough light to be picked up. It only appears to be a V because of the direction of travel. If you ignore that it looks like a smaller reflective area with a larger reflective arm sticking up from it. Both are at an angle not relative to the angle of travel.

Jerry_B said:
You're not seeing all of the satellite - just bits of it that are reflecting enough light to be picked up. It only appears to be a V because of the direction of travel. If you ignore that it looks like a smaller reflective area with a larger reflective arm sticking up from it. Both are at an angle not relative to the angle of travel.

Okay, I could believe you, but I'll need a diagram of that one.

The first video almost certainly shows a bat. The rounded body and thin membranous wings seem quite clear, before it zooms off. There's what looks like a shooting star, too. The strings of lights may be a group of birds (or bats?), further off in the distance, although that's harder to make out.

I suspect these are all small echelons of birds, perhaps geese; the film looks a little speeded up, but that may just be high-level winds.

SHAYBARSABE said:
Okay, I could believe you, but I'll need a diagram of that one.

Imagine a sort of T shape - rotate it 45 degrees or so (perhaps more) anti-clockwise. Then have that flying in the direction you see in the video clip. Just remember that bits of it are reflecting light more than others.

Birds or bats, I think.
The V-shaped thing - spy plane perhaps?

In one of those vids I was sure I was looking at birds. The brightness of each point of light increased and decreased regularly to the point I'd say it was flapping wings.

My first thought: I want one of these :D

My second thought: Birds and bats.

There's a new one showing an object slowing dramatically then changing direction - see link below. Intriguing videos. My money's on clever technology and a clever author. Well done.

11 May 2011

Like everyone else, I don't know what it is. However I could guess what it isn't. First of all I don't think its CGI. The wobble and distortion are in tune with the movements.
Geese - IMO it/they are flying too fast for geese [unless as mentioned before, the film is sped up]; but even then, there is a lot of 'playfighting' going on, which TBH I don't think geese can manage. However I have seen smaller birds do it.
AFAIK and have observed, Geese just fly calmly in one direction, only sometimes changing formation slowly. So to me that rules geese out.

Insects - could be but why are they so brightly illuminated and visible [i.e big] by camera? Compared to geese, I have to say insects would be the opposite of geese, flying wildly around each other and certainly not that slowly [unless the film is slowed down]. It doesn't have an insect 'feel' to it.

Spacestations/ satellites/ debris etc - Yup, could definitely be. I have never seen any other footage that shows those things and hence I can't compare the two. The speed of the things seems about right for satellites but unless the thing is turning in flight I can't explain why it seems to look as if it is changing shape or why these lights are dancing about. I have watched many satellites and they all appear as a point. I have also seen a spacestation with my bare eyes and it also looks like one point.
might debris behave like that?

Other - No idea, could be anything really. Something we haven't even thought of. Which would make it bonafide UFOs. Even if it is of terrestrial and human origin. It's an interesting one.

21st April 2011

Quite a good one showing the triangular "craft/satellite" traveling in the opposite direction. This was has the added bonus that it zooms in...finally we have found the zoom but hang on...it's shit :x

A lot of them fly like insects and a few do look like birds. The triangular one is a bit strange though.

To: realtree71 This is a vary strange subject to study and the (Who Ever) has some issues about UFO's, as I tended NOT to believe anything what I have seen on YouTube I decided to see if there was any thing to this, and like I have said before that this stuff is Really Real and I still cannot get over this. Just last night I filmed in two hours? at least a dozen objects and they where very fast and all where flying from the same direction about every 6 minutes, I have no explanation, I will post.

I have to say, after reading this under the latest video, I'm pretty sure it's faked in some way. "Really Real" and "I still cannot get over this" just scream fake to me. I could be wrong, but that's my gut instinct.

Taking the footage at face value, the latest one doesn't add anything, really. The zoom is pretty bad.

Because of the size/distance issue, with the moving objects being so tiny, and supposedly from such a distance, it's really hard to have any clue at all, really, as to what it might be.

If you think about it, it's probably the best possible circumstances for creating a fake. Bad light, no colour, specks moving about in the distance. The quality of the faker wouldn't have to be very good at all. Just superimpose a moving dot on the original footage.

On the other hand though, it would be quite ironic, if as opposed to the all the flashy, fantastical videos are all fakes and misidentifications, and this one turns out to be the real deal.

To my eyes, the movement isn't satellite like, particularly the single point lights. I've done amateur astronomy as a hobby since I was about 6 and I've seen hundreds of satellites, including the Shuttle, Mir, the ISS, various Iridium (the ones that 'flare' very brightly but only when viewed from a very particular location on the ground - as an aside, check out Heaven's Above; set the latitude and longitude of where you'll be watching the sky from in the Configuration section as exactly as possible (a difference of a few metres can actually make a big difference) then go to the Iridium section - very cool to see), as well as 'tumblers' which seem to blink on and off due to their rotation, plus a plethora of lesser known ones.

All of the satellites I've seen have several things in common:
  • They don't move anything like as fast as in this video
  • They always travel in an arc (although sometimes this is hard to discern and can look like a straight line due to their orbit, particularly with the polar orbiters)
  • They never stop in mid orbit or do loop the loops
  • They do move and look a lot like the first bright point of light in the top right of this video (in the first few seconds before the two other lights appear.)
  • They always look like pinpoints (but see the next point) - even the ISS is too far away to make out the shape with the naked eye
  • Sometimes you do get satellites orbiting in formation, typically one following the other during a docking manoeuvre, but occasionally in triangles. I've never seen more than 3 in one formation but it's possible

All that being said, I'm not sure what to make of the videos other than I'm fairly sure that most of them aren't earth orbiting satellites.

My gut feeling on seeing this one is that it looks like the dot a laser pointer would make if someone was waving it about, but I have no idea what the laser would be reflecting off (unless it's reflecting off the sodium layer, something like this Starfield Optical Range laser or some other laser guide star such as a Rayleigh beacon, but these strike me as a little out of the price range of a hoaxer) or if the light intensifying camera would show the beam coming up from the laser source.

Some of them do look like they could be bats or birds, but then ones such as this have me stumped!

Interesting vids!

For some reason the person posting these videos deleted his account.

In any case I did not find him very credible. Some of the things in his videos were undoubtedly insects, airborne seeds, or other small objects fairly close to the camera lens.

He posted a video a couple of weeks ago that I recognized as being from ballooning spiders, I posted a comment on his video that this is what was filmed, and he deleted my comment. That leads me to believe that he was being a bit disingenuous about not knowing what the objects were.

Some of the videos looked like they could be CGI to me. In any case they're gone from Youtube now.

Back