• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Man in The Mirror: Brand new "ghost" photo.

I'd be more worried about the skeletal zombie torso with a Jack Russell under his left arm - as seen in the far corner in pic 2!

He's privately answered my message this morning (in which I asked about what was actually in the place the figure is...and then said scrap that, I've just realised you've already shown me in one of the other pictures. I remarked it was, therefore, astonishing.):

"well as astonishing or as unastonishing as the picture may be, im moving out of that house on sunday, im staying at my mums at the moment as i just dont like it there. Not because of that picture, but because of the doors unlocking. It doesnt feel safe anymore."

I think in the end that's as much information as we can ever get on the picture. The overriding sense is that he's not setting out to promote it to the world at large or use it as "proof", but that its mere additional potential corroboration for him personally of his experiences of strange happenings with doors and locks, which have unsettled him.

Everything reported here can only be accepted or rejected on trust and personal gut feeling as to how sincere he is or isn't.

gattino said:
Yeah I tried..right click ona FB photo and all you get is a lot of save or copy options and the incomprehensible "inspect element".
Properties should be at the bottom of the menu - it is on I.E. anyway.

The orange cushion moves between Picture 1 and Picture 3 !!!

In picture one it's almost next to the black pillow.

In picture 3, the "ghost" photo, it's next to a red pillow.

EDIT, there's a white gap between the prange pillow and the red pillow in picture 1. There's no gap in Picture 3.

n picture three you can see the corner of the black pillow. Quite clear.

In picture 1 no corner appears.

The pillows were moved between shots suggesting someone sat there.

Well we can SEE someone sat there...because they're sitting there! (As I said ealier my interpretation of the raised hands is not "smoking a roll up" but clutching one of the pillows)

The question is the nature of that someone. If the inference is only a flesh and blood solid human being could have moved the pillows and a phantom couldn't, that doesn't quite work as we're already expecting the alleged phantom to have enough solidity...and interaction with solid matter...to sit down, have light bounce of itself to reflect in a mirror and be caught on camera, and to open doors and unlock locks. Disturbing pillows doesn't really add or take away from that scenario very much.

gattino said:
If the inference is only a flesh and blood solid human being could have moved the pillows and a phantom couldn't, that doesn't quite work as we're already expecting the alleged phantom to have enough solidity.

Sorry, I'm not inferring it is a ghost at all.

gattino said:
Disturbing pillows doesn't really add or take away from that scenario very much.

I disagree. Your friend said he took the pictures one after another. The middle picture doesn't show enough of the bed.

In the first picture the pillows are in one position.

In the third picture the pillows have moved and someone is sitting there.

You'd have to present something that proves ghosts exist before you can prove they can affect pillows.

"Your friend said he took the pictures one after another. The middle picture doesn't show enough of the bed. "

No.. *I* said that and made it very explicit it was me drawing that conclusion, with no actual knowledg of events or time lapses between images. All *HE* said was that they wre taken in that order.

"You'd have to present something that proves ghosts exist before you can prove they can affect pillows."

I'm not entirely sure I follow your reasoning. I'm not sure anyone has ever established what a "ghost" is, less sure how one "proves" they exist beyond weighing up whatever evidence or testimony is presented, and least sure of all how you need to "prove" they affect pillows specifically, if the scenario under consideration revolves around something whose percieved existence int he first place is based upon its interactions with material objects.

The matter under consideration is this. An individual - hardly uniquely in human experience - percieves and reports the opening and unlocking of doors by an unknown and unseen hand and in the course of taking photographs in an empty room finds later a figure of a person in one image who he attests - wiith a level of sincerity you can only judge for yourself - was not there at the time of the photo being taken. The image is placed for others to see and judge. The nature of a hitherto unreported limitation in "ghostly" powers over soft furnishings hardly arises. Either the figure in the photo is a living known clearly present human being sitting with the pillows, or is a phantom, otherwise invisible, entity of unknown nature and qualities sitting among the pillows. Why option A could account for them altering position (if indeed they have) and option B couldn't really isn't clear at all.

The time difference between taking the pictures is irrelevant, I was pointing out there's a gap where a human could move into position.

Also I've read many reports of ghosts passing through walls.

Never read a report of one bumping into one.

I've read many reports of ghosts moving furniture

Never read a report of one quaking at scatter cushions.

You'd think your acquaintance in his sincerity would mention moving pillows.

Or furniture.

Also with rented accommodation your friend would have no way of knowing if he has the only key.

Could be a previous tenant on the rob.

I'd be more worried about the skeletal zombie torso with a Jack Russell under his left arm - as seen in the far corner in pic 2!

That was my first thought too.

It also wouldn;t be that surprising for a shared student house(?) for someone to have left the front door open and not own up to it. Interior doors are a bit trickier but someone might have a key and be upto something, even just a stupid prank.

Still well spooky pics though.

Ok, i'm sorry but wtf is that?

nospook2.jpg

this is quite interesting, it would be good to hear some more of the events that have been happening in the house.

The pictures now are irrelevant, if they are real they are great, if not then oh well nevermind. The time stamps of the pictures are crucial, because if he was just taking 3 quick photos of the room in a circular motion then there would only be a couple of seconds between each photo, which would add much more credibility to the story.

You are more then welcome to send me the original pictures and I will get the source coding from them and get the date and times.

Has anyone else had any experiences in this house?

Looks like a Buddha statue.

I thought I might have had a new ghost photo to offer...

On Wednesday I took a photo of a folly on the seafront that's being renovated. The pic also shows part of the promenade and the railings that prevent people falling down the cliff. But looking at the pic full-size on the computer that evening, I noticed the face of a man on the wrong side of the railings, and at a lower level, which just didn't look right!

Yesterday I went back there, and all became clear - I'd forgotten that part of the promenade pathway divides in two, with one at a slightly lower level. So my photo shows not a ghost, not even a simulacrum, but some innocent stroller on the lower pathway! :oops:

Back