• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Masonic "Dog" Electrocution Trick

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I don't really know where this one belongs. At least it doesn't involve cruelty to real doggies.

If you have ever wondered what masons get up to, when not gazing at each other's exposed legs, this could be just a small part of the answer:

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmu ... _stunt.htm

Oh Lordy, this is just part of a 1930 catalogue of such novelties and it is online complete. Try the Lifting & Spanking Machine!

Here is the Index:

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmu ... /index.htm

:shock:

Good god JW! I had no idea Masons were so weird. A cartridge operated spanking -er- paddle? THAT's absurd...
:D :?

So, what, the Ancient Order of Free Masons is just a bunch of fratboys playing stupid practical jokes on each other?

No wonder they want to keep it all secret, they're probably scared someone'll tell them how sad they all are!

:laughing:

Jolly Jack said:
So, what, the Ancient Order of Free Masons is just a bunch of fratboys playing stupid practical jokes on each other?

No wonder they want to keep it all secret, they're probably scared someone'll tell them how sad they all are!

:laughing:

Yes - this catalogue suggests exactly that! It is in striking contrast to every other Masonic publication I have seen, which are solemn hocus-pocus. The song, quoted on that site, suggests that Riding the Goat was a well-known feature of these raisings and hazings.

Now I wonder how widespread these practices were or are? Is it a case of a certain brand of US Masonry taking on the habits of a frat-house or is this sort of horseplay universal in the Craft?

I am still browsing in the catalogue - it is one of the weirdest volumes I have ever seen. The site implies that these things are of the past and the company went on to supply more sober regalia, so maybe not all the Brethren were amused.

:confused:

Back