• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Massive Dose of Measles Vaccine Killed Woman's Blood Cancer

MercuryCrest

The Severed Head of a Great Old One.
Staff member
The description is in the headline. Where are we at with copying/pasting articles? I've lost track on what I'm supposed to do, so here's an excerpt:

Giant doses of a genetically modified measles vaccine cured two of blood cancer at the Mayo Clinic this week. Why the magic remedy must be met with caution.

The unlikely strategy of using a live virus to treat cancer took yet another step forward this week with the news that scientists at the Mayo Clinic had treated two adults with the blood cancer, multiple myeloma, by injecting them with mega-doses of genetically modified measles virus.

Both patients had failed all other available therapies; with the new “oncolytic virus” treatment, each responded and one remains in remission nine months later.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/15/are-viruses-the-next-cure-for-cancer.html

This is so great! :D

Whoever thought it up is a genius. Seems sort of natural and organic. I do hope it's not a fluke.

escargot1 said:
This is so great! :D

Whoever thought it up is a genius. Seems sort of natural and organic. I do hope it's not a fluke.
Some people might not consider this 'natural', however:

"mega-doses of genetically modified measles virus"

And religious groups that refuse blood transfusions probably wouldn't like it anyway. Still, I think this is God's way of driving extreme religious groups to extinction! :twisted:

Back