• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Meeting Nicola"

I think Frank having some sort of Psychological episode is more believable than Nicola just leaving her dog in the Water and meeting a guy on a lonely path from out of nowhere.
Well it could be both! I think I expressed this badly but I was trying to say I think the dog was just some random dog and she only said it was her Nans to try and put him off. Dogs tend to attack people who attack their owners/friends, right? Best not to try anything then. Note she never said it was hers. If she said it was hers, there is a risk he might expect her to call it. Well it would ignore her of course as it was nothing to do with her!

Likewise, meeting the biker on the path is also explainable. If he was a friend of hers and they had gone there together, she would know roughly where he was and head for him. It is what most people would do if they were worried for their safety. Telling Frank to get lost is not really a great option. He might indeed get lost. Or he might become aggressive. She doesn't know which as he is a stranger to her. Keep him talking till she gets to safety is the best plan. Being accosted by a strange man in a secluded place can be frightening. Especially if he seems persistent. You don't know what he wants. He even considers this at one point, just before they meet the biker but concludes that he is in danger instead.
I have allway thought that there was a dream like quality to the experince. Frank hasn't mentioned anything to me about having any seizures like this before or after. One thing is for certain, Frank wasn't looking for this experience, and it isn't something that he made up, it is a genuine strange event that happened to him on that day that has left him more than a little bewildered. I have been meaning to ask someone in the field of psychology and brain chemistry if there is anything that could have created the experiences that Frank had witnessed on that day.
Oh I am sure he hasn't made anything up and that it was genuinely strange.

I could be wrong of course, I don't know one way or the other and I wasn't there*. I am just saying that Nicola's seemingly inexplicable behaviour can be easily explained if you just look at it from her point of view. Nicola and the biker vanishing is the most inexplicable part but it still could possibly be accounted for by some sort of minor seizure. They do happen.

*or was I? Bwahahaha! :evillaugh:

I am just saying that Nicola's seemingly inexplicable behaviour can be easily explained if you just look at it from her point of view.
I get that perfectly. No matter how honest or innocent are a man's intentions when he meets a woman he doesn't know, especially out in the open away from other people, he's still a potential danger to her.

Sorry! I think I have bored everyone enough and will go away now. :cool2:
Well, You wasn't there, but nether was I, or anyone else, So all we have is theorys. I'm glad to hear everyone's views on this ,Even the guy on the Facebook thread, who thought the chap on the bike could have been a 6 foot dwarf (must hold the Guinness book record for worlds tallest dwarf then).

I think we need to hear more about this!:nods:
It was a guy that was relating an incident that happened to someone in the South of England, Don't think it was Glastonbury but some other same like place. From what I remember The guy and his friend had a sighting with 2 or 3 girls dressed in what looked like medevil dresses (and all had striking blue and green coloured eyes) ho yeah and there was a stocky dwarf there :p After they all walked past them, they went behind some bushes and dissapeared. Can't remember the details. Sounded like the set of some deviant game of thrones fetish plot.

In a way it doesn't matter what the encounter was, whether there is a reasonable explanation or not. The encounter is in the eye of the beholder, and Frank found it mysterious and alarming. That's all that counts.

In a way it doesn't matter what the encounter was, whether there is a reasonable explanation or not. The encounter is in the eye of the beholder, and Frank found it mysterious and alarming. That's all that counts.
tr.png

In a way yes, but in this case I am a bit bothered by the fact he seems so bothered by it and even wants to sell some stuff to hire a hypnotist. So I just wanted to put the other possibilities across (again) in case it helps. You never know.

(I really will shut up now. Maybe)

In a way yes, but in this case I am a bit bothered by the fact he seems so bothered by it and even wants to sell some stuff to hire a hypnotist. So I just wanted to put the other possibilities across (again) in case it helps. You never know.

(I really will shut up now. Maybe)
Franks OK, he's just selling some of his extra comics that he has in his collection (he's NOT selling Everything off lol). Some of the money is going to Comic bags and acid free backing boards (all the usual Comic supplies) and anything left over he was thinking of maybe considering regression, but like he mentions in the Video, he's still debating this.

must hold the Guinness book record for worlds tallest dwarf then
Techy used to sing and play bass in a band called Tall Dwarf. :chuckle:
(He's just informed me that he also wrote songs and did the sound, and reminded me that he was singing for them when he fell through a stage halfway into a performance!)

It was a guy that was relating an incident that happened to someone in the South of England, Don't think it was Glastonbury but some other same like place. From what I remember The guy and his friend had a sighting with 2 or 3 girls dressed in what looked like medevil dresses (and all had striking blue and green coloured eyes) ho yeah and there was a stocky dwarf there :p After they all walked past them, they went behind some bushes and dissapeared. Can't remember the details. Sounded like the set of some deviant game of thrones fetish plot.
Goths?

In reference to Nicola's sudden change of mood when Frank asked her about the summer solstice, I have just remembered my own experience of someone getting inexplicably angry at something harmless I had said.

I was on a group coach tour in Turkey. One of our party was telling us about the house she had recently bought upon her retirement. She mentioned that the master bedroom had an ensuite bathroom. Now, this must have been the late 1980s and I had at that time never come across a UK home with an ensuite bathroom for a bedroom. I associated ensuite bathrooms with hotels.

I said something amicably, normally conversational like, 'Oh lucky you, I have never heard of that before.' She suddenly glared at me and said, 'Well it's perfectly normal nowadays!' in a really angry voice, as if my comment had been offensive. She could have said calmly, 'It's becoming more common in new-builds' or something but instead was furious, possibly at my ignorance? But I didn't move in such circles.

Another case of unprovoked anger. The point I am trying to make (I do have one!) is that perhaps Nicola just went off on one for no good reason.

In reference to Nicola's sudden change of mood when Frank asked her about the summer solstice, I have just remembered my own experience of someone getting inexplicably angry at something harmless I had said.

I was on a group coach tour in Turkey. One of our party was telling us about the house she had recently bought upon her retirement. She mentioned that the master bedroom had an ensuite bathroom. Now, this must have been the late 1980s and I had at that time never come across a UK home with an ensuite bathroom for a bedroom. I associated ensuite bathrooms with hotels.

I said something amicably, normally conversational like, 'Oh lucky you, I have never heard of that before.' She suddenly glared at me and said, 'Well it's perfectly normal nowadays!' in a really angry voice, as if my comment had been offensive. She could have said calmly, 'It's becoming more common in new-builds' or something but instead was furious, possibly at my ignorance? But I didn't move in such circles.

Another case of unprovoked anger. The point I am trying to make (I do have one!) is that perhaps Nicola just went off on one for no good reason.
You make a good point. I suppose you might argue that this woman felt you were making judgement about her status/class when you queried the ensuite, rather like I actually got mildly bullied by one individual at school because we had just had double-glazing put in :) Where is the Nicola narrative he simply made a statement about the solstice.

Techy used to sing and play bass in a band called Tall Dwarf. :chuckle:
(He's just informed me that he also wrote songs and did the sound, and reminded me that he was singing for them when he fell through a stage halfway into a performance!)
I wouldn't worry. Probably just a stage he was going through.

Leaves quickly.

She thought you were taking the mick. Y'know, being sarcastic. Some people are touchy like that. Her problem.

You make a good point. I suppose you might argue that this woman felt you were making judgement about her status/class when you queried the ensuite, rather like I actually got mildly bullied by one individual at school because we had just had double-glazing put in :) Where is the Nicola narrative he simply made a statement about the solstice.
Double glazing! You're right posh!

Getting bullied because of double glazing? That's a new one on me lol. I wonder if folks back in the day got bullied just because they had an indoor Toilet? I can understand someone getting bullied because they have a better Computer, or Bike, put that down to jelousy, But double glazing is something a little mundane for a school child to feel threatened by. I guess he wouldn't like me then, we had double glazing in both the east AND west wing of the house.

Back