• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Meghan Didn’t Give Birth To Archie & Lilibet

Geriatric?? I was in my 40s and still getting pregnant, miscarried many times even when I was young. The only reason I didn't carry till full term was because, as my doctor told me, I would have to remain in bed for nine months with my legs up. Which was an impossibility for me, working day and night at the time, my husband working as well.
It's genetic in my family, otherwise I would have had a few well into my 40s, and would not have cared about my age at all.
The doctor did tell me that I was much younger than my chronological age - when giving me a needle, he said I had 'young skin', my skin was resisting the needle like a younger person. And I always looked years younger than I was, so that may have had something to do with it also. Just genetics. :)

I have a niece who is 10 years younger than me. She has always been somewhat of a free spirit and recently (two years ago), left her husband in England and ran off with a younger guy she met online from Finland. She then for her own reasons cut off all contact with all family members. I received news the week before last that earlier this year she had given birth at age 47 to a healthy son (her third).

I have a niece who is 10 years younger than me. She has always been somewhat of a free spirit and recently (two years ago), left her husband in England and ran off with a younger guy she met online from Finland. She then for her own reasons cut off all contact with all family members. I received news the week before last that earlier this year she had given birth at age 47 to a healthy son (her third).
Good for her! :)

I saw a movie on Harry and Meghan, supposedly the story of their relationship -
At one point Meghan broke it off with Harry when he was here in the USA, and he left to take a plane back to the UK.
In the movie, Meghan had a sudden change of heart and ran to the airport and had them stop the plane from taking off -
I don't know if it's the true story or not, but talk about drama queen! :)

And there was me thinking there was no cast iron evidence for all of this.

Presumably there's similarly robust confirmation for the non-existent pregnancy thing.

Tealeaves maybe, or some chicken entrails.

Anything is possible on this disc-shaped planet we all live on!

I had never heard about Meghan's 'disappearing' baby bump till I read it on this site, but this photo is so odd (could have been photoshopped, who knows), but over on twitter she is certainly not very popular:

1678464848919.png

My babies were incredibly mobile before birth. None of them ever engaged (where the head 'locks in' to the pelvis just prior to birth) and they just sort of floated about. This meant that my bump changed shape regularly, to the point where the midwives got rather annoyed trying to judge which way up and which way round the baby was likely to arrive.
My Daughter looked like a Grey Alien on the live X-Ray feed and she looked like she was standing and was looking into the screen at us it seemed.

I had never heard about Meghan's 'disappearing' baby bump till I read it on this site, but this photo is so odd (could have been photoshopped, who knows), but over on twitter she is certainly not very popular:

View attachment 64170
The ‘baby bump’ was a strap-on inflatable & pressure had to be gradually increased each day to simulate developing pregnancy. These photos were taken on the only day it sprung a small leak, slowly deflating during the event. A cycle puncture repair kit did the job but heads rolled over the incident.

Fortunately few noticed it & once repair was effected she was able to ‘give birth’ the requisite time later.

This reminds me of the hoo-ha involved in proving that the heir to the throne had actually appeared from the requisite person in times when it mattered. Now, it doesn’t matter.

That's a common confusion among dyslexics. A way some remember the difference is to imagine a bed.
The b is the headboard and the d is the footboard.
I often do that, when I realise I’m getting confused. It does look like a bed.

The ‘baby bump’ was a strap-on inflatable & pressure had to be gradually increased each day to simulate developing pregnancy. These photos were taken on the only day it sprung a small leak, slowly deflating during the event. A cycle puncture repair kit did the job but heads rolled over the incident.

Fortunately few noticed it & once repair was effected she was able to ‘give birth’ the requisite time later.
And not forgetting to grate the 'French chalk' over the patch once you've glued it on.

I wonder if it made a 'weeeeeeee' sound of escaping air as it leaked? I don't remember anyone commenting on Meghan's dreadful farting problem...
And is 'French chalk' like that French mustard or 'Italian dressing' that supermarkets here sell, of which the citizens of those countries have never even heard of, let alone would ever use?

And is 'French chalk' like that French mustard or 'Italian dressing' that supermarkets here sell, of which the citizens of those countries have never even heard of, let alone would ever use?
Sorry for going ever-so-slightly off topic here, but...

Possibly (although I have had difficulty finding the origin of the term) the use of "French" chalk stems from the area of northern France, 'Pays de Caux' which is the coastal area next to the English Channel (La Manche), which is similar to that of southern English areas such as the White Cliffs of Dover and the South Downs chalk hills.
'Pays de Caux' translates as 'Country of Caux', or 'Land of Caux', with 'Caux' being likely stemming from the old Norman Cauchois word for chalk.
"In the Norman language caux means lime, calcium carbonate. In French, for comparison, the word is chaux (the French 'ch' being pronounced as an English 'sh'. Example: Caux dialect candelle, English candle, French chandelle )."

The first known use of the term 'French chalk' was in 1674 by English scientist Robert Hooke, but the use of chalk existed for a long period beforehand, however I expect that the chalk that came from that area of Northern France was known for it's purity and, as such, became the standard by which other chalk was judged.

French Chalk (Talc) - Reference Information
What is talc? - talc is a hydrous layered silicate mineral with the chemical formula 3MgO · 4 SiO2 · H2O. Weak alkaline pH value of 9.0~9.5, with good chemical stability, low hardness, lipophilic and hydrophobic characteristics, is a rare functional filler. Can be widely used in paper, plastic, paint, ceramics, cosmetics, medicine, rubber, agricultural products, fertilizer and other industries. Especially in the plastic modification industry, the cost of the product can be greatly reduced, and the impact toughness of the plastic can be improved.

Back