Minor Strangeness

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Ah but my aaarrrggghhh had been toned down out of politeness for the rest of the members on here. If I'd written is as felt, it would have run to ZILLIONS of pages so there!

Joking aside let's just commiserate with each other in our mutual irritation. It's not as if I'm that tidy myself it's just that my piles of stuff are not to be messed with!

Sollywos x
I HATE people touching my property and everyone at work knows it. Stuff is safe at our depot and we leave bikes unlocked and coats on pegs etc. so my clobber is strewn around the place, and a few weeks ago I forgot to close a zip on my work bag. People gathered round and uum'd and aah'd for a bit until some brave soul offered to zip it up, with everyone else as witnesses. It was a full fortnight before anyone dare tell me!

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
I HATE people touching my property and everyone at work knows it. Stuff is safe at our depot and we leave bikes unlocked and coats on pegs etc. so my clobber is strewn around the place, and a few weeks ago I forgot to close a zip on my work bag. People gathered round and uum'd and aah'd for a bit until some brave soul offered to zip it up, with everyone else as witnesses. It was a full fortnight before anyone dare tell me!
Thanks for giving me something to laugh about this morning! I suspect that there are loads of things that my son is not owning up to! Lots of things have gone missing, he denies all knowledge of course but his face tells a different story!

Sollywos x

Sollywos x

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Still doesn't explain where my missing knickers are!! I'm down to 4 bloody pairs again and at this rate it'll save me a small fortune if I go commando!!

:violin:
Must admit, I was so shocked to find my missing necklace, i couldn't have been any more surprised if your pants'd been in there too!

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Someone I know had a cat that used to bring knickers home, god knows were they came from,
and we had a dog that pinched hankys, he was very good none noticed till much later and
we had to apologise.

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
Reaction score
Still doesn't explain where my missing knickers are!! I'm down to 4 bloody pairs again and at this rate it'll save me a small fortune if I go commando!!

:violin:
I went to the lauderette and i always check the drums in both washers and dryers, well, when i get home i had a huge pair of knickers that were definately not mine, as for socks, well, i lost one, so i trotted back to the launderette and asked if a loan sock had showed up, she went in the back and came out with a see thro bag that was about 3ft high, i said i'll pass lol

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I had the novelty 80's song Star Trekkin going through my head about half an hour ago. I hadn't heard it or thought about it for years, I've just switched a radio on and it was playing.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I had the novelty 80's song Star Trekkin going through my head about half an hour ago. I hadn't heard it or thought about it for years, I've just switched a radio on and it was playing.
I had an Alison Moyet record rattling around in my head on Friday morning, and 5 minutes later during 'popmaster' on Radio 2, Ken Bruce played a clip from that very track as part of a question! I nearly choked on my latte!

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Reaction score
I had a couple of cheap GPS (sat-nav) developer modules on order from a mainland China tech company on Ebay. I probably ordered them in September. It's been so long, I entirely-forgot.

Anyway, today: small grey package, with label on outside, marked as being the correct items....but no.

I am now the bemused owner of two tiny silver metal human-shaped figures, shaped as if they're riding (or humping) a barrel. Except the scale is such that they'd be doing that to a phone-cord.

Pics to follow

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I had a couple of cheap GPS (sat-nav) developer modules on order from a mainland China tech company on Ebay. I probably ordered them in September. It's been so long, I entirely-forgot.

Anyway, today: small grey package, with label on outside, marked as being the correct items....but no.

I am now the bemused owner of two tiny silver metal human-shaped figures, shaped as if they're riding (or humping) a barrel. Except the scale is such that they'd be doing that to a phone-cord.

Pics to follow
I sent off for some haberdashery items from China (forget what) and received a length of horrifically-coloured and patterned fabric.*
When I complained they apologised and offered a refund, and then the correct item immediately rolled up. Baffling.

*It really is nasty. Like a light upholstery fabric with stripes that don't complement each other (including maroon, urrggh) and random textural variations. Not sure what you could make with it that you'd want anyone to see.