• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Money From Out Of The Blue (Cash Found Or Unexpectedly Received)

Do you think it works with a dime bars as well?

I have some Czech money in my purse, do you think if I leave that lying around the house i'll get rich?!

One trick if you are really broke is this:

Now I'm sorry if I upset anyone with this but it works. Go into MacDonalds, KFC, etc with a friend. Buy something quite small like a drink of fries. Pay with a five or ten pound note, talking to your friend all the while. when you habd the note to the cashier say 'twenty'. Quite often you will get back the change for a £20 note. Very naughty though so don't do it.

It's a bit like the £50 note trick. I've had this done on me when I was working in a shop a couple of times, but it only worked the once, I knew what was happening the second time. What happens is that someone comes in to buy something small like a chocolate bar, and pays with a £50 note. You say that you don't have enough change. So they take back the £50 and say some thing like, "I've got the 5p and a £5" will that help. This goes on for a few minutes until you give them the change. And about 10 minute later you remember thay didn't give you the £50

i found £40 just before The Fall came onstage at ATP earlier this year, i think if i'd asked if it was anybodies everyone would've claimed it, even the band, so it was well spent on drink for myself and friends and we had a beach party til 5 in the morning...with other ppl, obviously...

i found £40 just before The Fall came onstage at ATP earlier this year, i think if i'd asked if it was anybodies everyone would've claimed it, even the band, so it was well spent on drink for myself and friends and we had a beach party til 5 in the morning...with other ppl, obviously...
Did Mr Smith run after you on his crutches shouting "thats-ah my fookin money-ah, give it-uh back!"

no, but i did buy his guitarist a drink in the bar. Mr.Smith wasn't on crutches, but he did make a mess of his microphone, gettin all tangled up in the lead...

jima said:
Did Mr Smith run after you on his crutches shouting "thats-ah my fookin money-ah, give it-uh back!"

That was Donald Dewar, wasn't it?

Phill James said:
i found £40 just before The Fall came onstage at ATP earlier this year,
Enough to buy earplugs for everyone. ;)

The Fall, huh... haven't thought about them in years!
Spoilt Victorian Child, indeed! ;)

TVgeek

they're playin next years ATP too, probably won't be the same line up, though, arf arf....anyway, we digress....

I was just changing the bed linen, and had my arms in the duvet cover, when I heard a clunk. It turned out that a 5p coin has just hit my watch. Now I had not washed or dried them with anything else so it's not a case of a 5p coming out of pocket and into the cover.
I said thank you, lets just hope 'they' send some more!

When I worked in a nightclub, we used to check the floor everynight at the end of the night, particularly near the bar. The most I made in one night was £8, although someone else found £30.

I gained a bottle of wine in just such a fashion last week. It was cheap crap, so I gave it away.

Well, I found two pounds today (see earlier post) in separate situations. One I found in my locker at work. I know it wasn't in there before. I then went into Smiths to buy a notepad and knocked them onto the floor, picked them up and there was a quid.

Years ago when I was a teenager, I was off on my first foreign holiday with a girlfriend. I needed to pay for a 10 year passport which was £15 and in those days a lot of money, especially when I was taking only £50 spending money (and I came home with change too!!)

Anyhow, after picking up the form from the Post Office and baulking at the price, I wondered how on earth I was going to pay for such an expensive thing. I looked up at the sky and muttered something like "Please God, give me a break" and as I looked down again a browny-blue bit of paper blew across my path in front of me. Taking a quick look around I scooped it up and to my surprise it was a fiver and tenner scrunched up in a ball.

Like I said, £15 was a lot of money then and had there been anyone in front of me (I was walking down a suburbain street at the time) I would have called out and asked if they'd mis-placed anything.

As I was totally alone, Her Majesty's Passport Office in Peterborough received the dosh and furnished me with a little purple book trot across the sky with. :cool:

Oh yeh, thanks, God!

My little bro used to hang around petrol stations years ago and found loads of folding money.
We reckon it was because men tend to cram things in their pockets rather than put them away properly and might have accidentally pulled out notes with car keys or wallets. I dunno. Bro was always in the money though!

Ooh, I knew this thread was in here somewhere. I was walking around doing errands today, and as I was crossing the street noticed something being blown across the road and said "That's cash". So I darted out and it was a $20. I finished crossing and right there on the sidewalk was a $50! Seventy bucks in 30 seconds is the best money I ever made. :D

Hey everyone!

I remember a few threads about money appearing out of nowhere, but I think it was looooong ago when they were posted so I will put my experience here....mods, feel free to move it.

Yesterday, I was in a "dollar" store and had paid for my items. My purse was completely zipped up and I had my hand on the bag the clerk was handing me when in front of us a one dollar coin actually dropped onto the counter. (no more one dollar bills in Canada, just coins)

I immediately thought either the sales clerk had fumbled her money and it flew across the counter or the person behind me was tossing her money up on the counter. We all just kind of looked at it and I asked both of them if it was theirs. ( Hey a buck is a buck...I'll take it if I'm entitled to it).

The clerk had her cash drawer all closed up and was quite adamant that it did not come from her. The lady behind me also denied owning it. Eventually, the sales clerk told me it must have come out of my purse. Knowing this was impossible because my purse was completely fastened together before the coin dropped from above, I hesitated but thought, "hey a buck IS a buck", so I said, "Ummmm, okay yeah I guess so" and picked it up and left.

There was no one else around us, plus who would throw money about like that anyway? If I had to swear on a bible, I would testify that this dollar coin actually just appeared in the air before it fell to the counter.

It was very strange indeed.

Maybe someone lost it in another dimension and now I have it. :!:

Are you keeping it? Puting it aside from other coins, I mean. If it had 'appeared' to me, that's what I'd do. I'd put it on a shelf or somewhere and see if any of its much larger friends joined it. ;)

Wow, I wish a few million (or even a few thousand) pounds would suddenly materialise in front of me. :D

Well my initial thought was "Too bad it isn't a 50", but one can't be greedy. I actually threw it in with my other change and may even have spent it by now. I wasn't really keeping an eye on it.

at school I very regularly had money appear in my pocket, use to go with them empty and by lunch time there was three quid, at one point £15.

disgruntledgoth said:
at school I very regularly had money appear in my pocket, use to go with them empty and by lunch time there was three quid, at one point £15.

So you were a school bully, eh? ;)

I'm not sure about this, but would it have been possible that the coin dropped from the cashier's sleeve? I ran a store a long time ago and remember once ringing a customer up and during the money exchange having a coin slide up my sleeve by accident.

It was the first thing I thought of when I read this.

Of course, if the cashier wore short sleeves, then of course I'm completely wrong!

I was thinking it might be a sleeve-related incident (nagicians after all always make sure we know there is nothing up them) although here in Liverpool I'd suspect horrible little scrotes were throwing coins although they'd probably use lower denomination ones.

That said I'd have put it in a little frame and called it "Pound from Heaven" or some such.

Not very Fortean but I'll relate it anyway. I once worked on a scheme where the pay was lousy buy I wanted to go to London for the weekend. It cost sixteen pounds and I gave the ticket man a twenty. He gave me the ticket and sixteen pounds change.
Being an honest sort I pondered whether to tell him but being flat broke it took a moment. As I waited to check what I thought had happened really had, he said, 'Sorry I didn't give you your change' and gave me another sixteen pounds.

It was along time ago but I had a very fine weekend.

Not a sleeve incident---she was wearing a short sleeve shirt....it's hot here.

Redhead666 said:
Not a sleeve incident---she was wearing a short sleeve shirt....it's hot here.

Did you notice whether the coin was unusually warm? Some people have reported coins (or other metal appearing) that did seem warm.

I have no idea what the warmth would mean, though!

Edit: I just noticed your given location. You really are in Nova Scotia? Hot?

Yes, really Nova Scotia. We have 4 seasons and our summers are hot, like most other places...in fact I was kayaking (boating) in the Atlantic Ocean today and plan on spending tomorrow on a beautiful beach.

The coin did not seem warm...just normal.

What was above the register area? What type of ceiling, lighting fixtures, etc.? Anything hanging from the ceiling?

Back