• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Than 100 Skinned Animal Carcasses Found Near Boise Airport

punychicken

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
article about the piles of animal carcusses reported on march 15th.

Foxes, Coyotes, Racoons, Beaver even squirrels are visible in the pile. So are about a dozen house cats - the only carcusses still with fur. "Just a little incomprehensible that somebody could be so thoughtless as to just bring it out here and dump it where people come to recreate and have a good time," said Capt. Gary Raney of the Ada County Sheriff's Office.
The pile was discovered by two fire fighters who were test driving a Humvee in the sage brush just east of the Boise Airport. "I know that trapping is legal and I don't have a problem with that. The problem I have is that somebody just dumped all that stuff out there. That did bother me, that's not right," says Star Fire Chief Kevin Courtney.

:eek!!!!: that is really freaky. and its reminds me of some incidents that took place around 2 years ago near my parent's neighborhood. someone was skinning the neighborhood cats and leaving them in the lawn of the person to which the cat belonged. they never found who was doing it, but i'm sure we will hear about him years after he graduates from torturing animals to people, and becomes a serial killer. -MaceyHope

MaceyHope said:
:eek!!!!: that is really freaky. and its reminds me of some incidents that took place around 2 years ago near my parent's neighborhood. someone was skinning the neighborhood cats and leaving them in the lawn of the person to which the cat belonged. they never found who was doing it, but i'm sure we will hear about him years after he graduates from torturing animals to people, and becomes a serial killer. -MaceyHope

You ain't kiddin'. So often serial killers start out "small" (disclaimer ~ in no way am I saying that the kitty-cats aren't important) and move their way up. It's like they want to get caught and be stopped, and when they aren't, they need more of a challenge. Obviously there's more to their psyche than just that, but I feel that's part of it.

From memory... Jeffrey Dahmer started out with small mammals

8¬)

Originally posted by harlequin
From memory... Jeffrey Dahmer started out with small mammals

Also from memory, I think the Dusseldorf Ripper used to have relations with livestock while stabbing the beasts. To say that's disgusting is an exercise in understatement.

Speaking of Peter Kurten, the Dusseldorf Ripper, you might want to know that his mummified head is on display at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum in Wisconsin Dells, WI. At least it was a few years ago.

It's been vertically cut in half and rotates slowly on a chain inside a glass box.

I took a couple of pictures. It's a gruesome looking thing.

He was one of the first true crime cases I ever read about. Not a well man.

Wasn't the film 'M' based loosley on the life of Peter Kurten?

8¬)

Yeah, it was. Except Peter Lorre's character is much more apologetic and empathetic than Kurten ever was. Do some research. A sick, sick man.

The same can be said of the German film Tenderness of the Wolves.

http://us.imdb.com/Details?0070957

TOTW completely romanticizes the German pedophile serial killer Fritz Haarmann. In the movie, he as portrayed as a tragic figure who kills for love, out of loneliness. Nothing could be further from the truth. He killed for sex and money. While on the witness stand at his trial, he told a father of a child he killed that he had too much taste to rape and murder a boy that ugly. Yeah, classy guy.

The Germans seem to be big on historical revisionism, don't they? I wonder why?

Indeed, the Lorre film did romanticise a singularly repellent example of humanity. The court of 'honourable theives' was nauseous too. Damn fine performance from Lorre though...

8¬)

Back