• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I dreamt the other night that the Teenager was a baby again with a dirty nappy, but the poo in question had somehow emerged through the nappy, like it was a spike. Don't remember that actually happening in all the nappies I've changed over the years!
Also had a baby dream last night. Don't have many despite having had 5 babies and even more pregnancies. My youngest kid is 19 so has been many years since I had a baby dream. My baby was a miniature baby girl (I have all boys) and by miniature I mean she was about 3" tall. And was running along the mantelpiece. Then I got scared because she was running about on the floor and I lost her. Very odd.

Crazy long involved dream last night that I woke up from at 12:30 am on the dot. The only reason I recalled so much was because I typed it all up in my notes app as soon as I woke up.

It had a Stephen King vibe and involved two other protagonists (besides me), a teenage brother and younger sister who lived in this dilapidated apartment with a mostly absent mother who appeared once and resembled a younger Sissy Spacek. The dream started off at their apartment.

The two kids (and I, sometimes as observer, sometimes as participant) went to a video game themed amusement park that was part physical, part virtual reality. If you went to the left, it took you to a Super Mario Brothers themed entrance. If you went to the right, it was something else which I can't remember but there was a bunch of menus you had to scroll through. We only went to the Super Mario part.

When you got inside the indoor complex, there was a huge pipe which you were supposed to climb down. I went in and floated down. Yes, it made that noise (people who have played Super Mario on NES will know what I'm talking about). Once down in the tunnel, you went down a wide set of escalator type stairs with piles and piles of gold coins as well as these mini CD-type of devices that were marked with prizes such as trips etc. Whatever you could grab on this giant escalator you could keep. After you had to go down to this dungeon-like basement to redeem your winnings.

The next part of the dream had me heading into the basement to get my prizes. The two kids had disappeared. As I was about to take a step down there was a voice that said "You need to stay to the left" and then a light came on. Right where I was going to step was a straight drop into a pit. I saw who spoke to me and it was a girl with wavy red hair who didn't look fully human. She looked...I don't know, like a faery but scary? Like threatening?

To the left was a rickety set of narrow wooden stairs. I went down the stairs where there was a dingy office filled with official-looking not-quite-humans dressed in badly fitting suits. I had to wait for another patron to collect their winnings. Finally they were done and they told me to sit down and there was a tiny, like preschool-sized seat for me to sit. I said "You've got to be kidding me" and one of them said "Oh, is there a problem?" I said there wasn't and they paid me. The red haired girl reappeared and said that the teenage boy from the beginning of the dream had better watch his step of he'd end up dead like all the other boys who get a hole in one at the last hole of the mini golf course.

I took a couple of Co-codamol last night as I haven’t been sleeping well since I was diagnosed with Covid. Not that I often sleep well normally.
I had the most vivid dream that several people had broken into our house, both men and women.
As I did what I needed to do to hold these people whist waiting for the police I was debating with the wife that this was not really our house so it must be a dream. I suggested we go back to bed and when we awoke later everything would be back to normal.
After what seemed like hours in the dream state I woke in real life and realised it actually was a dream.
I plugged into a podcast and settled back down only to be cast back into the same dream, which to me is very unusual.
When I re awoke I got up. I wasn’t risking a third episode.
It was strange that it was so vivid but I seemed to know in the sleep state that I was only dreaming.
I very rarely remember my dreams so this was a bit disconcerting.

I have had a run of Snake and/or crocodile related dreams interspersed with the "Forgotten exam / home work/ clothing" anxiety dreams that we all have.

In the latest Croc infested nightmare my partner and I had managed to clear the beasts from our enormous kitchen and somehow got them into a swampy place with a small road through it. To my horror I saw a neighbour going down this road on a sort of pogostick/ space hopper affair singing merrily. I called out to stop him , but my partner said not to worry as "Cleave" was a dickhead and no self respecting croc would touch him.

I was with some others somewhere like Africa. We saw some way off several lions who spotted us so we climbed a large bushy tree to escape them. The lions came up to the tree & started jumping so high they were able to plunge down on it from above, trying to knock us out on the way down. They weren’t able to climb though. A few of us were knocked off the tree but weren’t attacked when on the ground. The dream then switched to something else now out of reach but the leaping lions were quite disconcerting & menacing for a while.

Could’ve been triggered by a prog I saw recently about Wolverines climbing trees to escape Bears.

Last night I dreamed I was Jodie Whitaker, off to film my last episode of Dr Who. I was saying goodbye to someone in a taxi, I was crying, they were very upset and I was worried about leaving them. Then I had to run alongside a river, that looked a lot like the Seine, where a bunch of people were waiting for me.

I don't often dream about being someone else either.

Had a long complicated dream about discussing a new book "The Archaeology of Frederick the Great" by someone with the surname Felix. All took place in an Oxford college with a group of academics one of whom kept trying to suggest that the book "tapped into a new thread of mysticism similar to that of Lady Lucy"!?
As far as I know no such book exists.

OK, I was about to post on here, to ask whether it's possible to have sleep paralysis that's NOT paralysis...

I'll try and explain. Last week, I had the classic sleep paralysis experience - strange figure sat a metre or so from my bed, staring right at me. I don't even know if I was asleep (dreaming) or awake, tbh. Except... I wasn't paralysed (have had the classic experience just once before, about 20 years ago and couldn't move... just as people always describe). This time, I did summat that even surprised myself. I started to spring out of bed and go right towards the Thing. In the split second I started moving towards it, I was thinking "WTF? You'd never do this!" Then it vanished and I stayed where I was, after all.

I wasn't paralysed. I think I was awake but am not 100% sure.

Was going to come on and ask wtf that was when I just found this:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/omicron-covid-symptom-can-cause-25857561

Last week, I had a headache every single day, runny nose, felt very tired... didn't do a test as we don't have many, I wasn't going anywhere anyway and my husband and kid with similar symptoms tested every day - both were testing neg.... (LFTs).

So I assumed I didn't have it.

When I had wild variant I woke at 4 AM every single morning, for a few weeks. So it definitely does go weird at night.

Probably just had a cold as I say, the two other fam members with same thing kept testing neg.

But now I'm wondering.

I have had a run of Snake and/or crocodile related dreams interspersed with the "Forgotten exam / home work/ clothing" anxiety dreams that we all have.

In the latest Croc infested nightmare my partner and I had managed to clear the beasts from our enormous kitchen and somehow got them into a swampy place with a small road through it. To my horror I saw a neighbour going down this road on a sort of pogostick/ space hopper affair singing merrily. I called out to stop him , but my partner said not to worry as "Cleave" was a dickhead and no self respecting croc would touch him.
Last week I had a dream populated entirely by cats, kittens and puppies. They were all either jet black or white. Most peculiar. (ETA: I dream in full technicolour lol).

Last night I dreamed I was at a Christmas party in a bookshop, talking to a lady with short black hair, who turned out to be blind. Her mother was also there, and gave her a headset, which she put on in order to be able to see. Then I and a couple of friends had to leave to go on to another party, we ran down a narrow flight of stairs and went off to the second party, which was a long tabled buffet affair. By the time we got there (we'd HAD to attend both parties), most of the food was gone and only a few people were left sitting chatting. We stayed a while and then our taxi arrived (driven by my next door neighbour, which I thought was handy). But I was going to my home, I was going, apparently, to my old family home in Exeter. I was sharing the taxi with a lady who was 'dressed to party' and who kept smoking and blowing the smoke into my face, then apologising. I just turned away and looked out of the window. The taxi stopped at a place near the river, miles from the house, and I had to reiterate the address to the driver.
Probably just had a cold as I say, the two other fam members with same thing kept testing neg.

But now I'm wondering.
I find it's restricted breathing that gives me heebie jeebie dreams. I had a series last week of 'dinosaurs are coming!' dreams, but, because I kept waking suddenly in a panic, I think it was to do with the unseasonable weather making my airways dry and making me snore myself into a panic.

Good thing your dream camels didn't have dream camel spiders!!! :eek:
They are already huge!

Funny how mundane activity (camels chewing) in a slightly altered version (gigantic size) can be unsettling.

Mrs Cycleboy and I have been together for 30 years or so, and in that time she has regular nightmares that leave her screaming or whimpering and wake me up. This happens once every two or three of months or so.

In the last two weeks I've had two nightmares that led me to wake up Mrs Cycleboy with my distress. This has never happened before.

Mrs Cycleboy also regularly talks in totally coherent sentences that have no relevance and doesn't believe me when I told her she'd been dreaming. The other day it was something like. "I told you it was the wrong person."

Sleep, eh?!

A very freaky dream this morning -

I stabbed my sister, only not quite my sister, then went on the run. Managed to stay free for a while then was found by my brother & nephew, only not quite my brother or nephew, whilst watching an open air music performance in a park somewhere. I realised the game was up & we boarded a train as the prospect of facing what I’d done & several grim years in prison was on the cards.

Woke up at this point in the small hours & boy was I relieved as reality dawned. One of the most horrible dreams I’ve ever had - I rarely have nightmares which are so bad they wake me up.

I had what I think is my first covid-mask-anxiety dream last night.

I was in a small shop that somehow connected to a large, posh hotel (of sorts). I had taken my mask off briefly to readjust my glasses and this 30-something manager walks up (unmasked) and tells me, "It's alright, you don't have to wear those here."

I replied, "I just feel safer with it on. Frankly, I wish everyone else here was wearing masks too."

He then started screaming at me about how my wearing my mask was creating a grim and foreboding atmosphere for his guests. He really went on a tirade and I just told him that I'd be leaving the property immediately.

I didn’t particularly need any shoes but went to buy some anyway. Found some I liked which fit really well. When I got them home I found one was a shoe, the other was a boot.

My dreams seem to be getting weirder and weirder at the moment.

Last night's covered a spell of decades - I watched the graffiti on a bridge change every four years of the Olympics, including an Olympics in Gabon in the 2040s (you heard it here first!!).

It was also in a world that I'd been in before in my dreams, except this time I was with a colleague from work, and I had to explain how the usual rules of physics etc didn't apply here. You could fall thousands of feet into a void and you'd just bounce back uninjured, for example. Which is just as well, as everything - eg flights of stairs, bridges - were potential deathtraps!

I was also being used to experiment on to see if I could predict anything - and I predicted a natural disaster scoring 10 on a scale of 10 for this Friday; I also saw a crane knock down the top two storeys of a skyscraper onto the road below. From my viewpoint I couldn't see the rubble hit the ground but I could hear the screams.

I was also able to dip into and out of the dream a few times.

Lord knows what's going on in my mind!

Lots of camels in my dream last night. They're pretty big animals, but the dream versions were about 20-30 feet high, their heads were huge. It was kind of alarming watching them chew.
There were some pretty big camels back in the Tertiary period, including Megacamelus and others. Perhaps this was a timeslip of some sort.
Megacamelus-size-738x591.jpg

Last night I dreamt I was given a small triangle of metallic card with a beautiful etched design. It opened up into a square and released a butterfly featuring the same etched design which flew around for a while then landed back on the card ready to be folded up again.
My impression was it was some futuristic toy or distraction like a fidget spinner. Beautiful thing though.

I actually had a covid related dream last night.
My daughter and I were in some largish town and noone was wearing a mask which surprised us so we tentatively took ours off as well.

Interesting ones last night (well, about an hour ago). First dream: I was cleaning up after work, in an otherwise stark bare bathroom with an air of "army barracks" about it, something institutional. clear strong sunlight coming in through windows. I was stripped to the waist sluicing down in cold water, and over to my right was somebody about the same age as me who didn't seem bothered by social convention or notions of personal space - standing too close, although this wasn't treatening or worrying. keeping up a conversation as I washed, there was a large white placard in front of me on which the only word I could remember after waking was LICENE. Water from the sink flowed onto the card and most of the words were washed off it. - swirl of blue-black ink.

Then I was back at a version of my old school; remembered walking on the grass in the central quadrangle, which was a hanging offence while I was there. I knew I could do this with impunity now and felt gleeful at transgressing. looked up, and the main school building had mutated into a grandiose and bad-taste palace, the sort of monstrosity a Generalissimo might consider tasteful or Hermann Goering might have commsissined as a weekend second home. Some sort of "reunion" was happening and people were clustered on the steps - a massive stairway up to the palace itself -and way up on a balcony the "Headmaster" and lots of exalted guests were looking down and waving.

I climbed the steps and talked to people. Joked about walking on the grass on the quad - surprisingly parched and barren compared to the opulence of the rest - and you know, that word "LICENE" kept cropping up. People seemed to be getting dressed up for some sort of play or performance, out here in the open: the guy I was talking to was middle-aged, grey-haired, and was wearing some sort of bodystocking in "American Tan" (seventies ladies tights colour) with a bra on underneath, (I wondered - drag artist?) Others were admiring the statuary, which seemed to be of fabulous animals and gargoyles.

I remember saying "I'd never have got away with that when I was a pupil here" and in the dream wondered why and when my old school had suddenly become a high-Fascist Hogwarts.

woke up.

"Licene" seems only to be marginally a word - wondered if it was some kind of organic chemical, but most sources see it as a frequent mis-spelling of LICENCE or LICENSE (AmE). One reference to it deriving from a Latin verb "to allow or permit" meaning "that which is permitted", but that's all....

Last edited:
A very freaky dream this morning -

I stabbed my sister, only not quite my sister, then went on the run. Managed to stay free for a while then was found by my brother & nephew, only not quite my brother or nephew, whilst watching an open air music performance in a park somewhere. I realised the game was up & we boarded a train as the prospect of facing what I’d done & several grim years in prison was on the cards.

Woke up at this point in the small hours & boy was I relieved as reality dawned. One of the most horrible dreams I’ve ever had - I rarely have nightmares which are so bad they wake me up.
Mine was a dream of sitting alone in the living room at four on a midsummer morning, in a cold sweat with the realisation the police were going to arrive and arrest me for murder, and the grim inevitability of my life being over and only having myself to blame. Same reaction on waking!

Last edited:
There were some pretty big camels back in the Tertiary period, including Megacamelus and others. Perhaps this was a timeslip of some sort.
Megacamelus-size-738x591.jpg

Ha, ha, I remember seeing a picture of giant camels in a book when I was a kid (artist's impression, of course). Maybe I was remembering that?

Mine was a dream of sitting alone in the living room at four on a midsummer morning, in a cold sweat with the realisation the police were going to arrive and arrest me for murder, and the grim inevitability of my life being over and only having myself to blame. Same reaction on waking!
Weirdly enough part of my dream last night included a sequence where someone was trying to burst through a locked door to get to me because they said I had murdered their child.....I managed to escape from the locked room eventually but the rest of the dream was quite strange/disturbing too.

was middle-aged, grey-haired, and was wearing some sort of bodystocking in "American Tan" (seventies ladies tights colour)
:rofl:
"Licene" seems only to be marginally a word - wondered if it was some kind of organic chemical, but most sources see it as a frequent mis-spelling of LICENCE or LICENSE (AmE). One reference to it deriving from a Latin verb "to allow or permit" meaning "that which is permitted", but that's all....
Lysine is an organic chemical thing—it's an essential amino acid which the body doesn't make, so you have to include it in your diet.
Maybe your body wants some, but can't spell very well. Meat, fish, diary and eggs are usually recommended sources, but if you're vegan you can ear dried apricots, cashews, beets, potatoes and lentils, to name a few alternative sources.

Yesterday morning, I remembered part of a dream before I woke up.
I was walking past a couple of men who were sitting on a park bench when a small (juvenile) bear ran up to me (ignoring the men) and went in for the attack.
Miraculously, an electric cattle prod materialised in my hand and I was able to stun the bear with no injury to myself.
Then I woke up.

Dreamt last night I was walking around my local Waterstone's bookstore and bumped into Iggy Pop. He asked me if I could recommend anything good and I suggested "The Lore of the Land" about Britain's myths and legends (by Jacqueline Simpson and Jennifer Westwood - cracking book if you haven't read it). He was so pleased he took me for lunch in a Wetherspoons where no one paid him any attention despite him being shirtless and, well, Iggy Pop

Back