• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mother's Subtle Messages From The Other Side

snavej

Oh no, not him again!
My mother died on 14 June 2005 - it was all very sad. However, some subsequent happenings have made my family and I think that she is still visiting us from time to time.

In late June 2005, I was watching TV with the volume fairly high. My mother used to dislike that. The TV is normally reliable but at that moment it went into standby mode without anyone pressing any button. My father noticed that the freezer 'on' light was off, despite the power being definitely on. My uncle in London found that, after the funeral, the trip switches for the flat's lights had been tripped. They don't do that, as a rule.

We have had numerous dreams about my mother, some very vivid indeed. These have been way more intense than normal, making us wake up suddenly. In one dream, she got run over by a heavy truck, then got up and carried on as if nothing had happened. This could have been meant as a message about the harmlessness of death to the immortal soul.

My father has reported an occasional 'presence' in my mother's favourite chair - he can feel it and the cat stares at it very happily for several minutes.

Perhaps uncannily of all, the business of the funeral and the aftermath caused me to visit the family home in Wales, just when the tube bombings were occurring on 7th July 2005. I missed all the danger and disruption on those trains and streets where I normally commute to work! Maybe I should say 'Thanks, Mum'.

Enjoy the 'messages' and dreams. They are a great comfort. 8)

my paretns tv used to go onto standby on its own occasionally, during tv programs. Directly oppersite the TV was a glass fronted cabinet, we believe it was a transmitted colour reflecting off the cabinet and was picked back up by the tv. When the cabinet was moved, it never happend again.

The problem with being dead and trying to communicate is that whatever you do, people always come up with a rational explanation...

One way of helping is to listen/look just that liitle bit more. So why shouldn't it be your mum?
Must be frustrating if you've managed to trip switches and turn TV's off and people keep saying: "Yawn, its nothing. Happend to me last week etc."

My dad promised me to "appear" was he to die. Well its been 14 years since he did and I'm still waiting. Either he can't, doesn't want to or has moved on but I'm, still looking out for small things and not one day goes by that I don't think about him.

I say if it happens more often than usually and at times that are significant, just say "hello", can't loose really! ;)

What amuses me is there is always an OAP who cant program the video, turn off the tv, use word etc. - UNTIL THEY DIE :)

and they learn binary too (all the computer using spirits). Dont bother going to univercity, just die, its so much easier ;)

What I've heard about 'the Veil'

The 'Powers That Be' in the spirit world have absolute control over any communication and contact with the physical world. It appears that they only allow a certain level of contact - enough to convince certain people of the reality of the situation but not enough to convince those who prefer to be skeptical.

If everyone was simultaneously convinced that communication with spirits was occurring, there might be huge levels of chaos on Earth. Hence there is tight, selective control over dissemination of information.

The skeptics are supposed to remain so until they receive their own messages or signs. However, they have to have sufficiently open and prepared minds. Preoccupied people will probably not hear the messages or see the signs. Even a small preoccupation can be obscuring.

Furthermore, some spirits do not want to maintain contact with their living friends or relatives. Some don't like them for some reason. Others have more urgent business elsewhere.

When a person ascends into the spiritual realm, he/she gains tremendous insight into the workings of the world - technology, the structure of time and fundamental forces like electricity, to name but a few things.

Re: What I've heard about 'the Veil'

snavej1 said:
When a person ascends into the spiritual realm, he/she gains tremendous insight into the workings of the world - technology, the structure of time and fundamental forces like electricity, to name but a few things.

How do you know that?

Re: What I've heard about 'the Veil'

Bertie_Akbar said:
snavej1 said:

How do you know that?

Yeah, how? :shock:

How indeed?

Because of the fundamental uncertainty of the universe, it is not possible to know things with 100% accuracy. One should talk in terms of the 'Spiritual Hypothesis' rather than definite knowledge.

However, I have read various books about the subject. The consensus from the psychics and other experienced people is that spirits are given greater understanding of the world when they ascend. This could be from other, more advanced spirits or the 'elevated' nature of the spirit realm (it gives one a better overview of the physical world).

but how do the authors of these books know?

strikes me its like "fossils are there because god put them there" and "if you truly believe you go to heaven" and "i know because im on a higher plane" etc.

Emperors new clothes anyone?

Knowing me knowing you

It is not possible to know anything with 100% certainty - we have to follow what we think are the best theories or hypotheses at the time.

Some of my own family have been psychically gifted, able to sense presences, predict events, etc. My father had a dream and predicted some lottery numbers correctly. My grandmother saw a clear apparition of her recently deceased mother. One is very inclined to believe one's own immediate family. I trust them implicitly.

Mother's subtle messages

A few months after my mother in law died a few years back, my husband and I visited his brother's home for a family holiday, just the kind that their mother Shirley would have been right at the center. We ate dinner, and afterward, for some reason, my husband and I went back to a small room off the living room of the small house while everyone else sat and talked on the sofa. (We've always been the loners in the family). We could see everyone else down the hallway through the open door. And just for a few seconds I saw Shirley's face superimposed over the face of one of the family members on the sofa, along with a strong feeling that she was there. She looked very happy. The image was like a flat painting of her face that overlaid the other person's face, a little wavery.

Mother's subtle messages

Whoo hoo! How do I find it?

Question for Escargot1: Something I haven't figured out about the forum is how to find an index of threads without having to scroll endlessly through each subject header. Excuse me posters for asking this here because I don't know where else to ask. :oops:

Can you clarify a bit? I can't quite picture what you're trying to do. The forum is so massive that sometimes it's better to just search for what you want.

Leaferne said:
Can you clarify a bit? I can't quite picture what you're trying to do. The forum is so massive that sometimes it's better to just search for what you want.

I think thats a little harsh here. I tried to find the thread through search and searched with various word combinations but all I get is a myriad of possible threads in which this story could be mentioned. I gave up after a while, so it would be nice if the person who mentions a thread on this forum could also put a link with it.

Thanks

http://tinyurl.com/gt5me

About 7 or 8 years ago I went to a meeting at the local spiritualist church. I had never been before but had heard what was going to be on and was curious to see what would happen.
I can't remember what they called it but it was basically live face morphing!

There were two women sat at the front of the room at a table which was slightly raised, maybe about 2 feet, with a desklamp with a red bulb shining at one of their faces. That was the woman who's face changed shape, the other woman talked us through what was happening (I don't think there was any suggestion going on as you could see what was happening before you were told).

The woman with the light onto her face went into a trance and her face began to change shape. Firstly, to an aboriganal male - it was wide with a wide nose and tattoos - the other woman said it was her first spirit guide.
Then the face changed into a woman with a nun's costume on, her face lengthened and was thinner than the aborigine and was very obviously different.

Next her face kept changing into the dead relatives of people in the room. This is where I got scared and ducked behind the person sat in front of me and peeped round them, gradually watching properly again.

Her face continued changing shape and if an audience member recognised a loved one they had to shout out to them. She would then have a short conversation with them before changing again.
Finally she turned back into the "nun" and then the aborigine before returning to normal.

At times it was very moving even though I was trying to keep an open mind and trying to figure out how on earth they were doing it.
The only thing I could think of could be to do woth the red light as we in the audience were sat in darkness.

My work here is done. 8)

I love to read about ghosts. There are lots of threads on here about them. :D

Dingo667 said:
Leaferne said:

I think thats a little harsh here. I tried to find the thread through search and searched with various word combinations but all I get is a myriad of possible threads in which this story could be mentioned. I gave up after a while, so it would be nice if the person who mentions a thread on this forum could also put a link with it.

Thanks

I didn't mean to be harsh--I just wasn't quite grasping what you meant.

Yup, Leafy is a friendly Canuck and was hoping to be helpful. She'd have found the thread first if I hadn't beaten her to it with my super-mollusc speed. ;)

My mum passed away in January last year and the day she died i stayed there in the spare room while i was lying in bed trying to get to sleep i felt a warm pressence in the room and suddenly felt a warm feeling on my left cheek and heard the words thank you in my mums voice.I am not a great beliver in spirits and ghosts but i am 100% sure this happened.Strange uh?

mother's subtle message

Thanks, Escarogot, for the link! Very cool.

I was the one who was lost -- I wish there was a way to simply type a subject, say "spirit faces," into the search function and find a thread but all I get is google. Am I doing it wrong? I am so computer non-savvy it's awful.

Terry77, I'm convinced such things do happen. Not to pry, but were you puzzlied why she said "Thank You?" Or did you know?

You're using the 'search' at the top of this page?

Watch for the signs. If you believe, that's great. If you are bereaved, you need comfort, and the signs might bring that. 8)

I know what I'm talking about, and it's fantastic, but just a little too personal to talk about on here. ;)

I have to agree. I'm quite a hard headed sceptic but when I lost someone precious a couple of years ago I had very intense dreams about them for months afterwards and they were so real I would wake up every time thinking that it must be a message from them. It did bring me a huge amount of comfort. I really looked forward to those dreams - and I still have them occasionally.

I also saw lots of "signs" in things that happened around me and although I don't know for sure if it was my imagination or wishful thinking I always like to believe it was a message from my dear departed friend. Whether it actually was is really beside the point.

Signs

Yup, it is best when 'IHTM'!

Re: mother's subtle message

illuminati37411 said:
Thanks, Escarogot, for the link! Very cool.

I was the one who was lost -- I wish there was a way to simply type a subject, say "spirit faces," into the search function and find a thread but all I get is google. Am I doing it wrong? I am so computer non-savvy it's awful.

Terry77, I'm convinced such things do happen. Not to pry, but were you puzzlied why she said "Thank You?" Or did you know?

No problem illuminati37411 no i was a bit confussed but i think it could have been because i sorted the stuff out she had requested me to do before she died.Just a quick note before she died she told me what stuff was to go to which people i.e. jewelry to her nieces,which things she wanted her friends to have,what to do with her huge collection of books ect i think she was just saying thanks for doing what she asked,still freaked me out a bit but it was a very nice experiance.

Years ago just after my gran died, we encountered some problems with the TV in the living room. It would switch itself off at random and without any warning. I don't recall it happening before she died and it stopped after a period of time, but a while before it was replaced. The rational explanation is that it was a relatively old telly, but where's the fun in that?

Around the same time the living room door would open or close randomly. Or course that was probably due to draughts, but...

Back