• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mothman, Black Dogs, Etc. As Road Ghosts

Mothman

Is it that the Army "Dudes" Couldn't figure out if the figures were tall or short, or that there was a mixture??

From recollection the Motman haunts were all supposed ancient hunting grounds predating the American Indians (adventerous aztecs presumably??) which at least seems to be the smallest of tie in's for the red eyes.

Can't recall too many ancient sites around WTC......

Blaggy

Old Red Eyes Is Back (again)

I think pretty much all the earth is aincent dude, whether it has skyscrapers on it right now or not (or the remains of in wtc's case).

If you read John Keel's Disneyland of the Gods he goes into the odd original settlers of the Americas who were said to be "Moon eyed people", white, angular featured and in some cases giants (but then again just about every civilisation claims before them there were giants on the earth, and that's another mystery for ya). They built tall stone towers and huge earth mounds but most of these were destroyed or borrowed from by the dumb-assed new settlers from Europe. In fact no Indian tribes would touch parts of W. Virginia with a ten foot totem pole - I mean barge pole - because of these settlers.

As for the army dudes, they saw both tall and tiny cloaked guys. They even said that the little guys were the spitting image of the Jawas from Star Wars!

And one other thing Blagarse - what do you mean about the Indian hunting grounds explaining the red eyes?

I'll see you in time, or if not through the week then through the window ...... :eek!!!!:

Zavian Friday

"And one other thing Blagarse - what do you mean about the Indian hunting grounds explaining the red eyes?"

Simply that The "stone Circle" and the "ancient hunting grounds" seem to confirm that these phenomena tend to congregate around these type of historical/spiritual type of places.

As for the whole world being ancient, I have a couple of born agains that keep telling me that the whole world only just made year 7000 odd.

Guess like so much it's relative on who your actually asking.

Blaggy

Speaking of old red eyes....

Did anyone see the breaking news piece I submitted about the Geordie Bigfoot?

Looking at the description in the report it could also possibly be our old friend the Mothman, only the witnesses weren't familiar with him so interpreted it as the most familiar odd entity they knew - the Yeti.

Because this is on my doorstep virtually I will be looking into this and I'll keep you all posted.

For the original report look here -

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lincolns/page25.html

the mothman

i was wondering if anyone heard anything new about the mothman?

He was bumping himself silly against one of our posh new lampshades at work a few months ago, so I caught him in a pint glass and put him outside. If only they'd thought of doing that in Point Pleasant, so much unpleasantness could have been avoided. :rolleyes: Is that the phone I hear? Excuse me...

one night years ago i was confronted by an owl standing in the middle of a narrow road in north yorkshire.i had to stop the car and slowly drive around it,right up on the grass verge of a single track road.
it just stood there.
why didnt it just fly away?

The mothman prophecies and the boy with the itchy anus...

Jesus - remind me to stop testing the paranormal. I nearly shit myself in the street this afternoon!

Have you read the Mothman Prophecies? I`ve not seen the film but am coming to the end of the book. Essentially its supposed to be true and includes such concepts as paranormal experiences all being hallucinatory rather than physically real,and induced by some ill defined intelligent entities operating on another reality. They always seem to know what the author is thinking too. And the second relevant detail is endless reports of encounters with odd looking dark skinned people who the witnesses usually find difficult to describe later (Ie the men in black in UFO cases)

Right then, I was thinking about all this wandering back from the supermarket when a lad turns into the road ahead of me..I`m trying to get a better look at him and realise there`s something strangely non-descript yet odd about his olive skinned face in profile..was he disfigured or perfectly normal? I couldn't honestly say what it was...So the obvious association leapt to mind, whimsically...maybe this is one of these "non-people" described in John Keel`s book, come into existence because I`m thinking about it.

The idea is further exacerbated when he, now 20 or 30 feet ahead of me passes four lads coming in the opposite direction and I`m consciously checking to see if any of them glance at him or they move to avoid each other, but they just pass each other with perfect precision and not a glance. THERE WAS NOTHING SUPERNATURAL ABOUT THIS!! It just helped keep the whimsy in my mind.

Finally when he starts pulling at the arse of his jeans to scratch himself and I realise I myself have been walking along with an itchy squelchy arse which I haven`t been able to scratch because my hands are full, I give myself free rein to test the matter. I WAS NOT BEING SERIOUS!

He`s 30 or 40 feet ahead of me and I say IN MY HEAD "Ok, if you`re a creation of my mind, and can read my mind, scratch your head now. My head is itchy [it wasn`t by the way] so scratch your head now." Jesus in heaven, my stomach turned over and my heart leapt out of my mouth when he did exactly that dead on cue!! I decided to not test it again...and he never scratched his head again until he finally disappeared in the distance. So he wasn't just lousey.

But God I got a fright when he "obeyed" me!

A more useful mind-reading hallucination would have come and held your shopping for you while you scratched your itchy anus. Or maybe scratched your itchy anus for you while you held your shopping... either way, helpful. Maybe when you re-tell the story in years to come, you can incorperate that.

Tin Finger said:
one night years ago i was confronted by an owl standing in the middle of a narrow road in north yorkshire.i had to stop the car and slowly drive around it,right up on the grass verge of a single track road.
it just stood there.
why didnt it just fly away?

Creepy

I wonder what would have happened if you had run over it?

I mean like if it WAS a grey ...

Back