• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Moving Our Ghost With Us

A

Anonymous

Hi Y'all,

We have a ghost in our house. There's never anything dramatic and I've never actually seen her although there is a definite "presence" at times (for want of a better word). My girlfriend has seen her and neither of us feel threatened in any way - in fact we rather like having her around.

We've decided to move house and we'd like to take Eleanor (my girlfriend's adamant that's her name) with us. Does anyone have any idea's how we could do it? We don't want to take her away if she doesn't want to come (it was her house before ours after all) but we don't want her to feel abandoned.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Spudboy.

Why not ask her and let her decide for herself?

sorry about all the views and no replies--we just don't know what to say.
or at least--I don't.

Aliant said:
sorry about all the views and no replies--we just don't know what to say.
or at least--I don't.

That, and Derek had it right to begin with. Ask her... if she wants to go with she will. My only suggestion would be to make sure she has a "place" at the new house so she feels welcomed and feels at home.

It's possible to get a spirit entity to accompany you, but it has to want to. I have a familiar spirit who I acquired from a stone circle some four years ago, and he's been up and down the country with me multiple times. We've never lost each other yet.

Convincing a resident ghost to move house may be difficult, but if you sit down and talk to her - literally just sit in a place where you know she is likely to be present, and talk as though she was sitting beside you - you may be able to persuade her. Just explain that you like her and would appreciate her continued friendship and company, and that there is a place for her in your new house if she wants to come. Then leave it up to her to decide - though it might be a good idea to check whether there is anything in residence at the new house, since ghosts don't always agree with each other any more than mortal housemates do!

Hope that helps,
Razorwire

poor lonely ghost.

if you leave her she'll be all alone and may become mavololent over it.

TAKE HER WITH YOU!

Forget Tamagotchis' (spl?), join the new personal pet craze of your very own spirit ghost! :D

Thanks for the replies everyone. We have spoken to Eleanor nicely and explained that we'd like her to come with us if she'd like to so we'll have to see what happens when we move.

On the Tamagotchi front, what would you feed a ghost? Ecto Spam?

spudboy said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. We have spoken to Eleanor nicely and explained that we'd like her to come with us if she'd like to so we'll have to see what happens when we move.

On the Tamagotchi front, what would you feed a ghost? Ecto Spam?

By all means, Spud, let us know what happens... :)

Well it depends. If she is a projection of both your psi, you may take her with you. However if she is an evironmental phenomenon she will remain there.

my humble sugestion

To get her to move woth you.

May I sugest you get her a nice bottle of wine, meby rent a movie. Hell I'd do anything for a bottle of wine.

Well you don't want to loose a nice ghost. All the ones I've came up agenst are nasty little bastards.

Back