• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mr Sparrow, hope im not to late

His hovercraft is full of eels.

If you wish to exchange cryptic(d) messages then please use the personal ads column in The Times.

The moon is full over the Urals tonight.

...and you never answered my last message in The Times Mr Mercardo....

The urinals are full; don't moon tonight.

I put the reply in the Bangkok Times.

Who's interested in shaking your bush?

Sorry about the cryptic message but it was to do with a e-mail that i got out of the blue about some fortean magazines.
a very kind gent said that i could have them but if he did not hear from me he would post them up here,well of course i wanted them but my computer refused to send any e-mails for a while.
panicing i put a message here(its all sorted now)
so in a way it was a fortean exchange, very sorry,it wont happen again. :oops:

The cryptic messages remind me of a terrible joke:

A secret agent is sent to the Welsh countryside, to meet a fellow spook, known only (predicatbly) as Dai. He will recognise him by the correct response to the statement 'I hear it's raining in Paris'.

When he gets to the station at the small village of his destination, he realises that he does not know where to begin, so tentatively asks the stationmaster whether he knows anyone by the name of Dai

'Yes, plenty! For a start there's Dai the baker, then there's Dai the fishmonger, and Dai the butcher... As a matter of fact, I'm named Dai myself!'

The secret agent spies his chance: 'You know, I hear it's raining in Paris!'

'Ah! You're after Dai the spy!'.

sorry. :oops:

I like it! There was a similar onee about a CIA agent coming to Kerry.

Back