• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Haunted Canadian Copy of FT273

henry

still speeding
okay so its not quite haunted but this is a fortean issue of fortean times ... i have been sitting on ft273 [ swastika ] for a few weeks while i finished a novel ... i have just come to read it and it starts at page 37 ... ie the first inner page after the cover is page 37 - the first word is minutes

nothing has been removed and the spine is a little creased as if maybe it had been around the houses although i was not literally sitting on it

is this a valuable item ?

can someone help me with the first 36 ?

HenryFort said:
okay so its not quite haunted but this is a fortean issue of fortean times ... i have been sitting on ft273 [ swastika ] for a few weeks while i finished a novel ... i have just come to read it and it starts at page 37 ... ie the first inner page after the cover is page 37 - the first word is minutes

nothing has been removed and the spine is a little creased as if maybe it had been around the houses although i was not literally sitting on it

is this a valuable item ?

can someone help me with the first 36 ?

I've tried PM'ing you but again the message just sits in my Outbox all day. If you'd like to PM or email me your postal address, I'll send you a replacement copy.

i had a fortean times and wine extravaganza evening last night with a crazy woman and i noticed that my haunted copy of 273 ... the one which begins on page 37 ... is labelled as FT273 MAY 2011 ... yet the one you sent me owen has FT273 APRIL 2011 on the cover ... but my 272 is also dated APRIL 2011 ... whats this all about ?

Cover dates

HenryFort said:
i had a fortean times and wine extravaganza evening last night with a crazy woman and i noticed that my haunted copy of 273 ... the one which begins on page 37 ... is labelled as FT273 MAY 2011 ... yet the one you sent me owen has FT273 APRIL 2011 on the cover ... but my 272 is also dated APRIL 2011 ... whats this all about ?
Ever since it was first started in the early 1990s, the overseas edition of the mag has been dated one month following the UK cover date. The content is otherwise identical. (Occasionally we might change a cover-line if we think the British one would mean little elsewhere.)
I'm not sure of the original reasons for this - I think the overseas edition was meant to be delivered a month later, or it was something to do with distribution over large areas (i.e. the UK is pretty small compared with North America) - but I don't think it would be practical to attempt to change it now (I can imagine lots of confusion over missing issues and duplications etc.).

Back