• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Little Eye

A

Anonymous

Apologies if this has been discussed already but I went to see the much-hyped 'My Little Eye' at the cinema earlier this evening and wondered if anyone else had seen it.

Having read numerous gushing reviews - Mark Kermode (yes, the pretentious know-it-all from the telly) claims it has "reinvented the horror movie" and some other bod in a magazine said it had "made this reviewer shit his pants" - I was intrigued to see what all the fuss was about.

And i'm still intrigued to know what all the fuss was about.

Did I miss something ? Because what I saw on the screen wasn't remotely scary. 95 minutes of Blair Witch meets Big Brother on a budget. It was bleak and atmospheric but pitifully low on suspense... and damn derivative too.

Anyone got any thoughts on how this picture has "reinvented the horror movie" ?????

By the look of him, that Mark Kermode got where he is today by elbowing
his way to the front of the queue. Well, would you argue with him?

He thinks The Exorcist is the Greatest Film Ever Made! (Opinion
given unequivocally in recent BBC4 feature). So that's how serious
a critic he is. :cross eye

Has anyone seen the film My Little Eye?? If so did you catcth the weird 'Most Haunted-like' orb type thingy in it???

I've seen the film, but I didn't notice any orbs. Where abouts is it?

( - fred moved to F'n kulcher...)

roachford said:
Has anyone seen the film My Little Eye?? If so did you catcth the weird 'Most Haunted-like' orb type thingy in it???

no but I did notice that it was a bit crap.

I thought it was quite good myself. The dvd is groundbreaking, allowing you to watch the movie from the CCTV angle as if you were 'logged on' to the fictional site.
Talking of orbs, my gf's parents were at some fangled spiritual Chakra thing and have group photos of each week they were there. On two of them there are clearly orbs, they were taken with didgital cameras which I would have thought would rule out marks on the film. Is this something freaky or just reflection on the picture? I'll post the pics one day.
I dont beleive in orbs btw.

Orb

It was more like a ribbon type orb thing. After the guy gets hung from the staircase, one of the women is sat on the stairs freaking or crying or something. It kind of moves from left to right, infront of her at about her head height.

I'd love to see if anyone else clapped eyes on it...???

Could this be the next Thr** M*n *nd * B*by?

Then I must remember to record the soundtrack and listen to it without having to go through the agonies of watching it again, just to see if you're right! :D

Quicksilver said:
Then I must remember to record the soundtrack and listen to it without having to go through the agonies of watching it again, just to see if you're right! :D

it was quite painfull.

I liked the way it looked to. I just didn't like the movie. ;)

Back