• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Mums 70s Bournemouth Sighting

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
One night around 10pm in the early 70s my mother was walking the 10 or 15 minute walk home from her evening shift at the Bear Cross pub, about half way she stopped and for some reason looked upwards and saw a large classic shaped UFO hovering silently almost directly above her.
The object was low, slightly above roof-top level, it hovered perfectly motionless apart from a series of spinning red lights which were spaced around the outer rim. It was a clear dark night out and she could see the stars above the object. She told me that she then, glued to the spot, looked down to her feet and looked back up a few moments later, the object was still above her in exactly the same position, perfectly still.

She recalls running the short distance home and when she arrived my grandmother was in a worried state and furious that she had been so much later than usual, after a discussion she realised that around 3 hours had passed, when this ought to have been a short, direct walk home. The next morning she was covered in a red skin-rash and was ill for several days.

I've done that same walk many, many times over the years, it's a very straight forward route, and can't take longer than 15 minutes.

Here's a map of the pub and area http://tinyurl.com/cneu57x

Get your Mum to a hypnotist right away!

Back