• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My Theory On The Afterlife

project412

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I have a theory about the afterlife that I would like to share.
Bearing in mind, this is just a theory.

Let's just say for arguments sake that there is an afterlife. I've often heard the afterlife being referred to as a "veil". What if that veil is actually a semi-permeable membrane that separates this world from the next?
The reason the living can't go through this membrane is that our bodies are too dense to be allowed through the membrane. When we die, our bodies may lose a certain amount of atoms, which could be our soul in a gas like state.
Due to the molecular structure of our essence or soul, we could pass freely between what could possibly be dimensions accounting for hauntings, visitations and other paranormal phenomena.

Mediums who contact the dead say about vibrations and how raising them helps them to communicate.
Since everything is made of atoms and atoms vibrate I think that everything must have some kind of resonance frequency.
The atoms in a solid object vibrate faster than that of a gas, meaning the resonance frequency of the solid object would be lower than the gas.
When a medium contacts the dead, they have to raise their vibration to talk to the deceased. In turn the spirit must lower theirs to also talk effectively. Both parties cannot change their vibrations too much due to their own molecular structure, making contacting the dead not the easiest of tasks (and tiring out both parties).

As I said at the top, this is just a theory and I'm in no way saying that it's correct, but I would love feed back if you could give some.

Well I can see how it may help as an analogy, to aid visualising a process at work. In a practical, literal sense though I'd have thought - and I'm no scientist, so speak with no authority! - that if you mean it to literally be a matter of atoms, then you're still talking abut something that is literally material... and therefore, presumably, detectable and measurable by scientific equipment. Secondly the use of the term "vibrations" by mediums and the like has, like "energy", always been utterly vague and fairly meaningless as far as anyone can tell. The general consensus seems to be it's just a faintly scientific sounding word with which to impress the punters, but is never defined by the medium themselves...rather than having a genuine correlation to any use of the word "vibration" in physics.

project412 said:
The atoms in a solid object vibrate faster than that of a gas,
It's the opposite. Atoms slow down as they cool, to the point they essentially stop completely at absolute zero. And the gas state of something is normally the hottest of the three main states of matter (think ice, water, vapor).

So if you want to pursue your line of thinking, please adjust for this.

gattino said:
Secondly the use of the term "vibrations" by mediums and the like has, like "energy", always been utterly vague and fairly meaningless as far as anyone can tell. The general consensus seems to be it's just a faintly scientific sounding word with which to impress the punters.

That reminds me of a banner I once saw above a homeopathy stall at a psychic fair that stated "Homeopathy - The Science of Quantum DNA". I don't have a clue what that was supposed to mean, and I rather suspect the stallholders didn't either. I was tempted to stop by and ask them about it, but didn't on the grounds that I'd doubtless be subjected to endless talk of 'vibrations' and 'energy fields' and so on and so forth...

graylien said:
I don't have a clue what that was supposed to mean, and I rather suspect the stallholders didn't either.
Altogether now - they later tragically died, having taken an accidental underdose.

Coat..

Anyway, interesting theory - I have heard various others, including ghost hunters and mediums describe it as an electro-magnetic barrier of some kind. Actually I think one of the poor-sod parapsychologists on Most Haunted may have said that, so maybe don't pay too much heed...

Which one was that? The original one who claimed to be a detached sceptic and never to have seen a ghost, only to pop up on an earlier series where he was babbling about all the encounters he'd had in the haunted house he was renting out by the night.

Or one of the later ones when the programme's integrity started to slip.

Yeah, that show made Scooby Doo seem like a hard-headed James Randi-helmed psychic investigation series in comparison. (And I'm including the episodes with Scrappy Doo.)

Yeah, that guy...

28910.gif

My theory on the afterlife is as follows:

One of the basic principles of physics is that you cannot destroy energy, you can only change it's form (latent, kinetic etc).

As with the rest of natures recycling process, the physical decays releasing the energy which, at some point is then changed again back to physical, at which point we regenerate and turn up somewhere else as someone else

That is my theory what it is.... The End

Let's do a thought hypothesis and go a bit beyond conventional physics.
According to some theories there exists Dark Matter which is much more abundant in the universe than ordinary matter and interacts only weakly with it. However it does interact and therefore presumably a bit of ordinary matter will have some Dark Matter always associated with it.

Now, the Dark Matter is presumably composed of particles analogous to our atoms, molecules etc. so maybe each atom of ordinary matter has one or more Dark atoms associated with it.
If so ordinary matter material objects, including human beings, would always have one (or more) Dark Matter associated analogues.

Now bring in the idea of "life". I couldn't begin to define life, but one of its characteristics is that it is a form of anti-entropy. I.e. everything in the universe tends towards ever-greater disorder but living things - whilst alive - tend to increase order.

So perhaps when we are born, we create associated Dark Matter bodies which become more organised with time. When we die these bodies either gradually disintegrate with us in the grave, or just maybe, they are sufficiently organised by then to shake off the ordinary matter "template" which created them and go off and do their own thing; or even join up with a newly-born ordinary matter body in some kind of analogue to reincarnation.

Obviously what I have just described is simply another way of talking about occultists' etheric and astral bodies - just using words other than the traditional "energies" and "vibrations", which, as other posters have pointed out, serve to confuse the issue.

Perhaps we can go further in this thought hypothesis and remember that according to some physicists the Universe has 11 (or 23) dimensions rather than the three space and one time dimension we can access in our ordinary matter body. Some of these other dimensions are supposed to be "time-like".
Let us blue-sky further and postulate that Dark Matter bodies can access these other dimensions and that some of these "time-like" dimensions "bypass" our time dimension so that a being accessing such a dimension can dip in and out of "our" time dimension at will.

If this were so, the Dark Matter analogue body of a dead person could appear to ordinary matter people (if there was some way in which the Dark Matter body could communicate with the living percipient) and fulfil all the characteristics of what is traditionally called a "ghost".

In my life I have twice seen, and interacted with ghosts. I don't buy the "hallucination" hypothesis - my conviction is that I was interacting with (non-ordinary material) persons.

The above hypothesis gives me a framework on which I can at least try and make sense of what I experienced.

I've been thinking much the same Plusky. It could be that the dark matter body losing it's coherence is the cause of the half life of ghosts, as some talk about.

Hi Xanatic,

It certainly could.

Another useful thing about this approach is that it provides an answer to the conundrum of why ghosts always appear wearing clothes. If every time we dress our Dark Matter analogues dress up in Dark Matter analogue clothes then this is what one would expect. The ghost would wear the clothes it had on at the point in it's timeline when it intersected into our timeline.

It also explains how we can haunt ourselves - vide the story of Goethe riding down a path meeting himself wearing different clothes and coming the other way. Eight years later he realises that he is retracing his doppelganger's actions from the previous meeting.

Back