• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

My UFO Experiences Affected / Changed My Life

I think, based only on conversations with various people, that we may have a more visceral reaction to events in the sky.

I have talked to people who were deeply moved by, solar eclipses, binocular views of Jupiter’s moons, “live” telescopic viewing of Saturn’s rings and the transit of Venus. Their reactions, or conversations about the event were far more profound than their reactions to other events or sights.

Solar eclipses are pretty spectacular but the transit of Venus was just a tiny dot seen against the sun’s disc, Saturn’s rings in a small ‘scope are nothing like the images from NASA but the effect on just about everyone was far more profound.

Given the truly extraordinary experiences detailed here, and elsewhere, I wonder whether thing seen in the sky have for some reason a deeper impact on us than ground based events?

I think, based only on conversations with various people, that we may have a more visceral reaction to events in the sky.

I have talked to people who were deeply moved by, solar eclipses, binocular views of Jupiter’s moons, “live” telescopic viewing of Saturn’s rings and the transit of Venus. Their reactions, or conversations about the event were far more profound than their reactions to other events or sights.

Solar eclipses are pretty spectacular but the transit of Venus was just a tiny dot seen against the sun’s disc, Saturn’s rings in a small ‘scope are nothing like the images from NASA but the effect on just about everyone was far more profound.

Given the truly extraordinary experiences detailed here, and elsewhere, I wonder whether thing seen in the sky have for some reason a deeper impact on us than ground based events?

I think so.

We're probably additionally sensitive to changes in the sky as the ability to react to changes in weather was an important survival trait. A bit like the supposed association of infrasound and earthquakes (I can well believe the latter, having seen how my cats reacted to a minor earth tremor).

I am sure some UFO sky sightings will be interpreted as a religious sign, just like the “ Our Lady of Fatima “.

Also maybe people will see a sky UFO as a sign of good luck, or the opposite, a sign of bad luck.

I personally am looking for just the science of it all.

@Tunn11

Your point about how we might have more potent reaction to events in the sky is fair.

But as regards my experience in the above posts, it is a moot point.

What I saw was in the sky, so I have nothing to compare it to on the ground or at sea.

It did not "hit" me as a spiritual or life changing experience.

It slightly unnerved me though.

And it has made me wonder more about other UFO sightings, than if I had not experienced it.

At the time my mind did everything it possibly could to rationalise it i.e. convince myself it was a laser light show for a party.

But the behaviour of the lights, and the lack of beams connecting them to the ground, strongly suggests that was not the cause of what I saw.

(Perhaps a 1% chance?)

It happened in 1996.

Far fewer drones were for sale.

Perhaps none, as the first commercial drone permits were not issued (in the USA) until 2006.

Radio controlled aircraft were available.

But the way the lights moved, was not a way that these or drones could attempt.

Too fast, too extreme, too precise.

@Victory Yes, I was making a generalised statement based on a very small sample. My own experience was not spiritual or life changing either. My reaction, like yours was to be slightly unnerved and puzzled. I've tried to rationalise it ever since!

You are right without a ground based comparison it is difficult to gauge the effect these event will have on you. I think had we seen a ghost or shadow person that night we would have been frightened rather than intrigued!

I do find that I have a different reaction to observations of “normal events" in the sky though. My appreciation of a spectacular view of lakes, mountains, etc. is very different from, for instance; the Pleiades viewed through a wide field 'scope or the colours of the Albireo double star through a 'scope or binoculars. Funnily enough viewing the moon through a 'scope doesn't - bit like looking at a map. Odd isn't it?

Of course it can also be argued that ground based contactee encounters and BVM sightings have a spiritual effect without necessarily being sky based.

Back