• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious 10-Foot Monolith Pops Up On Welsh Hill

Supposedly this monolith In Wales is still a big mystery with no one claiming responsibility.

Interestingly supposedly when originally found there were no tire tracks, no footprints, no sign of someone putting the monolith in the ground.

Anyone have any theories ?

There’s more metal in the ground, which has clearly been exposed by those keen to check its foundations. These appear to keep it weighted and upright, but even then it is blowing about in the wind.
Interest aspect of this artifact. It does make it seem like someone could carry it in. I'm surprized no one has dug it up yet and put it in their living room. Perhaps the ceilings are too low to fit it. In any case, it seems to be a case of WILD random sculpting.
Shaped like a giant Toblerone
If only it really was chocolate . . .
My pet hate (at the moment), putting "wild" in front of everything to make your activity sound more hard-core than what everyone else is doing. Wild camping, wild swimming, wild hiking... or as I like to call them camping, swimming and hiking. I can stretch to outdoor swimming and wilderness hiking (but the latter only if it really is wilderness, I'm not talking about Exmoor!)
Right now I could go in for some wild napping . . .

It has been reported that construction worker Craig Muir claims he walks the 2,221 foot Hay Bluff Hill almost daily and he has never seen any car tracks or ground out of place.

So are we looking at aliens ?

It has been reported that construction worker Craig Muir claims he walks the 2,221 foot Hay Bluff Hill almost daily and he has never seen any car tracks or ground out of place.

So are we looking at aliens ?
Probably not - these things are hollow so fairly light in weight. Would’ve had to be carried there from the nearest road. Looking it up it seems to be around 3k from the nearby car park though, with some moderate climbing involved so they put a bit of effort into getting it there. Must be at least 2 people involved, maybe more.

I found a singular coincidence: the approximate point where the monolith should be located and the area of the Carnac monoliths represent a vertical axis (which also coincides with the "Menhirs de Kergornec"):
mon_allineamento_big.jpg

Here you can find the detail (please translate by a right button click):
http://www.piloton.it/forteana/monolitegalles.html

Back