• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious Sumo 'Princess'

I love Sumo and used to watch it on one of the Eurosport channels on the old analogue satellite. Which I miss, and was great in and of itself, with all the German language channels and brilliant weird TV. And the excellent old 1990s TNT which I think became WWF late at night.
Closely associated to this, in my mind, was watching kabaddi, the Indian team contact sport. Bit like British Bulldog as far as I remember. :)

Here is a video selection of this years fabulous outfits. You get a better look at her face as well. I don't think it looks like Princess Toshi.
She does have rather a lot of outfits, but they seem a bit old-fashioned for her. I suspect she is a bit 'traditionalist' and not interested in the latest fashions.

She does have rather a lot of outfits, but they seem a bit old-fashioned for her. I suspect she is a bit 'traditionalist' and not interested in the latest fashions.
My guess would be some traditional type of figure in the sumo ritual, a lot of Japanse customs are dictated by strict traditions and dress codes

I'm no expert - far from the definition - but as an observer, the young lady has a ... narrower ... face than the 'official' Princess. Potential weight-loss, aside.

Any news about this little mystery?

Back