• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious Universe

mr_macabre

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Are there any other fellow Mysterious Universe podcast listeners out there?

I discovered these guys about a year ago, having trawled for many months through a slew of paranormal-themed podcast and being mostly disappointed with what I found.

MU is head and shoulders (and torso and legs for that matter) above the rest. Production-wise it stands up against anything I've heard in any genre, and I listen to a LOT of podcasts.

The content is, in my opinion, peerless, covering the full spectrum of paranormal events, from UFO sightings to hauntings, weird science to bigfoot encounters, all delivered with a hefty dollop of irreverence but never in an overly cynical way.

The Aussie presenters, Ben and Aaron, are clearly passionate about the subject and their enthusiasm and insight makes the weekly show a joy to listen to.

It's free, although to unlock extra content you need to sign up for a paid-for "Plus" account - which is worth every penny.

There's a massive back catalogue of weekly episodes stretching back about four years and the quality doesn't dip even once. If like me you enjoy listening to podcasts then check out MU if you haven't already.

I agree - almost every fortean-leaning podcast out there is very much of the woo persuasion, and Mysterious Universe seems to be about the only exception. The two hosts are sharp witted, open minded but with no patience for idiocy, and funny.

Back