• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mysterious Winged Panther Case

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I have been wondering if anyone around here has ever heard of this case. It got related to me by a friend and he isn´t sure where exactly he has read of it, but he swears he has seen it somewhere. Probably a book like John Keel´s "Strange Creatures From Time And Space" ( in which it is not mentioned ) or probably a magazine like Nexus ( which would make the search more complicated I guess ). Anyway, finding this report is driving us both to the edge of insanity, so maybe anyone here can help us out ??

Here´s the outlines of the story:

A creature resembling a panther with leathery wings was seen in Pennsylvania sometime in the 1970´s. It was attributed with the death of certain farm animals, others have claimed to have seen the creature disappear in a cloud of thick, green fog. Apparently there was enough physical evidence left by the creature to make the police take reports seriously.

Does this sound familiar to anyone ?? Like I said, both my friend and I would appreciate any help in finding out where this case has been featured in.

I'm not familiar with the case, but I'm aware that domestic cats occasionally exhibit a deformity which makes it appear as though they have wings. Perhaps the panther suffered from this?

Not sure this explains the vanishing into green fog though...

Aye, can't see any reason why there can't be a winged panther. However, surely it's more likely a "mere" winged cat whose legend grew and was attributed with supernatural properties?

Back