• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mystery Package Companies / Services

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
I saw this bizarre website tonight and was looking for a suitable thread to post such a random thing, so thought this old short thread could be bumped and used now to house this sort of miscellaneous semi-fortean finding? Anyway, here's the weird site,

https://www.mysteriouspackage.com/

I have no idea what to make of it o_O

Last edited:
There seems to be a bit of a trend in companies sending stuff out in crates.

I chanced across Mancrates recently, who have apparently discovered you can charge a small fortune for any old bunch of crap if you send it out in a crate with some straw in it.

Their zombie survival crate for example consists of a fecking huge machete plus a bunch of stuff I could probably find in Poundland. What's that all about?

EDIT: I mean, I get that zombies have become ubiquitous in popular culture. But they're not actually real.

And what the hell kind of person says: "You know what I'd really like for my birthday? A fecking huge machete and a tin of Spam."

Last edited:
Just came across this interesting little site:

https://www.mysteriouspackage.com/

We are a members-only private club.
Specializing in unannounced deliveries of a strange and otherwordly nature.
  1. Membership is 100% free.
  2. The nature of our business is such that we must restrict much of our material to members only.
  3. Application does not guarantee acceptance. We reserve the right to deny membership without cause or notice.
  • More than simply random things, our stories renew a sense of wonder in all who participate.
  • Membership allows us to protect our experiences from the prying eyes of recipients.
  • Apply today to begin the adventure!

I've seen that before, a while ago. It's weird.

I have seen this somewhere before, it reminded me a bit, of The Game

It reminded me of the vile service which used to advertise in Private Eye.

"Do you know someone who is a shit?"

Since sending real shit through the post was likely to attract the attentions of the law - or the health inspectors - they promised that their product was just "cunningly crafted" to resemble closely the real thing. :rolleyes:

I wonder how much custom they got? The ads were a fixture throughout the Thatcher years iirc. :huh:

It reminded me of the vile service which used to advertise in Private Eye.

"Do you know someone who is a shit?"

Since sending real shit through the post was likely to attract the attentions of the law - or the health inspectors - they promised that their product was just "cunningly crafted" to resemble closely the real thing. :rolleyes:

I wonder how much custom they got? The ads were a fixture throughout the Thatcher years iirc. :huh:
I remember that! They also had other oddities, such as flying pickets wall plaques (instead of flying ducks).

Searching google for mysterious websites I ran into jodi.org. When I first opened the page it was just green text, some of it just shapes but some seemed to be a copied email or message to a Leonard L. Smith which was quite horrible, this person does not like Belgrade, Holland, Europe or Canada, there was mention of chemical warfare.

Second time I clicked on jodi.org I was taken to a site called b-loon.com and was taken to a map of part of europe where a few icons were pointed at different areas some read "Found". Go to b-loon and see.

I'm sure with every click this is going to send me to a different site each time, I've been taken to wwwwww.jodi.org and wwwwwww.jodi.org but both do contain nothing but green text. http://joid.org/archive/ is another one it takes you to but just contains random pictures.

I'd be suspicious of going to that website in case it does something far worse.

It's 'art' ...

Jodi, or www.jodi.org, is a collective of two internet artists: Joan Heemskerk (born 1968 in Kaatsheuvel, the Netherlands) and Dirk Paesmans (born 1965 in Brussels, Belgium). Their background is in photography and video art; since the mid-1990s they started to create original artworks for the World Wide Web. A few years later, they also turned to software art and artistic computer game modification. Their most well-known art piece is their website www.jodi.org, which is a landscape of intricate designs made in basic HTML.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodi_(art_collective)

Back