• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mystery Prints

_Gnomey_

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Howdy folks, my friend and I were out looking for a sign on the local big cat(s?) today, and although we didn't find any big cat prints, we did come across some other interesting 5 toed/fingered prints, as linked to below. Since I have no idea when it comes to identifying tracks, I thought I'd best ask you guys, though I'd hazard a guess at something really mundane, like a roo or wallaby.

Cheers!

Dunno aussie spoor, but five fingers...erm Koala? Are you in the right bit for fuzzballs...also why on the ground. Gonna have to get someone with more track knowledge than me. I can do rabbits, fox, deer, elk, cats etc. And not as well as once - forgetting me country ways...sad.

Whatever it is it appears to walk on tiptoe (like a capibara), and you can probably rule out a cat as the pad is the wrong shape and proportion for the rest of the print.
Large rodent of some type perhaps?

There are actually no koalas in Western Australia, so that pretty much rules them out :p I posted there on another forum where it was suggested that they're just kangaroo hand prints, which I think is possibly on the money. If you look at the third photo, you can actually see a couple of roo footprints.

Still wouldn't mind getting a few other opinions though ;)

Back