• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mystic Meg Has Left The Building!

She still had to work for the Sun.
If you won the Lottery, would youwant to work for them?

Mystic Meg net worth is
celebrity_net_worth.png
$10 Million​

https://networthpost.org/net-worth/mystic-meg-net-worth/

If that’s what the Sun paid, then yes. For that kind of money, I’d write for the Grauniad’s environment column.

maximus otter

I remember Private Eye wrote about her, she was never an astrologer she was a sub-editor later to become deputy editor of the News of the World Colour Supplement, she was rather a strange person, they needed an astrologer and she just fitted the bill, she made a lot of money out of it, but it was essentially a joke personality that took upon a life of it's own, such is the power of the media to create celebrities'

I remember Private Eye wrote about her, she was never an astrologer she was a sub-editor later to become deputy editor of the News of the World Colour Supplement, she was rather a strange person, they needed an astrologer and she just fitted the bill, she made a lot of money out of it, but it was essentially a joke personality that took upon a life of it's own, such is the power of the media to create celebrities'
Yup, nobody believed she was making predictions. The audience's 'Ooohs!' and 'Aaaahs!' tell you that. :nods:

Wait. What?? She was never a real astrologer? Oh....My....God.

I once heard of her described on a site as Mystic Smeg and that name never left me. From that date on she was always mystic smeg.

Some site graffiti from many years ago was “Mystic Meg is a Witch…burn her”. She obviously made an impression to end up on a building site bog wall.

That'll hurt my missus who's a big U2 fan.

It begs the question - carry on while you can or go out while you're fit.
I know it's not so Earth-shattering to many but in October 2022, we faced this choice; after the accounts showed 2022 would be the first year in twelve years that our firm recorded a loss, that renewal of our premises lease would cost us £200 plus, and that we'd struggle to keep going until the next 'season'*, we had to choose.
Frankly, we decided that our health couldn't cope with any more demand, even IF the season was a good 'un. We took it as a hint - get out while we were on our own two feet!

I think in the music industry, with hugely popular rock bands, the decision is harder.
They can afford not to exist. But they have a huge coterie (parasites) that would lose out should the performances stop. They care - they wouldn't be doing what they do if they didn't - but does performance outweigh personal life? If a five-piece band becomes a four-piece then a trio ... when does it become an obvious choice?
And what role does the fanbase pressure play?

* Dead from December but might - just might - pick up end of March.

Wait. What?? She was never a real astrologer? Oh....My....God.
At least Russel Grant's the real deal.
@escargot is the real deal, although her predictions consist of the following -
1) I am going to enjoy this bike ride.
2) I am going to look amazing in this hi-vis gear!
3) This exra hot veggie dish is going to devoured in five seconds flat.
4) Someone is going to mention Deep Heat in an unrelated manner.

@escargot is the real deal, although her predictions consist of the following -
1) I am going to enjoy this bike ride.
2) I am going to look amazing in this hi-vis gear!
3) This exra hot veggie dish is going to devoured in five seconds flat.
4) Someone is going to mention Deep Heat in an unrelated manner.
Deeeeep Heeeeeeeaatttttt

Back