• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Neighbour admits to double chainsaw attack........

FelixAntonius

Justified & Ancient
I'm just glad he's the other side of the world, a paranoid tree lopper is the stuff of nightmares:-

Neighbour admits to double chainsaw attack

A TREE-LOPPER attacked the home of neighbours with a chainsaw, damaging walls and destroying furniture, after he suspected they were spreading rumours about him, a court heard.
When one chainsaw ran out of fuel, Allan Baird got another and continued the attack before calmly waiting for police to arrive.

Baird, 34, of Gordonvale in north Queensland, faced Cairns Magistrates Court yesterday charged with burglaries and wilful damage over the incident last Thursday.

In what magistrate Allan Comans described as "bizarre" behaviour, Mr Baird threatened inhabitants at the Gordonvale residence with the chainsaw, damaging walls, electrical equipment and sawing a lounge chair in half. He terrified a woman seeking refuge in the toilet by forcing a chainsaw into the door, and at one point went to his work truck parked two doors away to get a second chainsaw.

Following the incident, Mr Baird was so calm police mistook him for a resident of the house.

"He sat there calmly and when the police arrived he told them, `I'm the one you are looking for, I did this'," defence solicitor Steve Carter told the court.

Mr Carter said his client intended to plead guilty.

He said the incident occurred after Mr Baird confronted the neighbours, who had lived two doors away from him for 10 years, after hearing they had been spreading rumours about him.

When the occupants of the house, who had been drinking heavily, became abusive, Mr Baird went home to fetch his chainsaw. He was granted bail to reappear on May 12.

Source: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 5852947422

I hoped it involved some kind of double chainsaw, with a blade at either end like Darth Maul´s lightsaber.

Back