• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Baby - Reincarnation ?

Robot_man

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This didn't strictly happen to me but...

Our close friends lost their tenth month old baby due to SIDS at aprrox 2:00am (when she was discovered) New Years Day 2004.

I thought I'd seen grief before but nothing prepared me for this.

The couple were destroyed & there was nothing one could have said or done to make any of it better.

As supportive as we tried to be, things went going from bad to worse. I've never seen people in true despair & its something I don't want to see again.

The couple tried to have another baby to, hopefully, start their lives again but with no luck.

In desperation they went to see a medium.

A convoluted tale was related to them involving a white feather, a box of swan vestas & the paternal grandfather. Details aren't important, but, at exactly the time the medium predicted, a series of events involving all the aforementioned items occurred & lo & behold there was a baby on the way.

Now I know all the cold reading tricks, coincidences & wish fulfilment that can occur in this situation & not for one minute do I think that anyone has spoken to the dead or that the dead have influenced lives in this world - but none of that matters. They felt that a healing process had begun.

What's really spooky (in a nice way) is the end of the story.

When my mate came down the stairs on New Years eve 2004 he found two white feathers on the bottom step & within an hour they had to go to the hospital as the baby was on his way.

The new baby was born 01:00hrs New years day 2005, three weeks premature.

New life & hope has been brought into their shattered lives & the house has lost its depressive aura.

Reincarnation or just a coincidence ? Any thoughts ?

Many couples find that the death of a child is too much of a strain on their relationship, and they separate afterwards. Your friends have suffered a terrible, irreplaceable loss, but they have stayed together, and now they again have a child to love. That's almost a miracle in itself.

I feel very curious about the objects and events you mention! Is it a complicated story? We don't know who you are or the people involved, so how about elaborating a little?

Was there a mention of angels? I ask because white feathers are associated with angels in some places, and angels are sometimes believed to be the spirits of the dead watching over us.

Even if it ain't reincarnation, I hope they believe that it is so. The mere thought of losing a child causes me to tear up a little, even as I write this.
I never used to think I needed to believe in an immortal soul. I felt I had advanced beyond selfish ideas of the persistence of the mind.

I look at my son and realize I ain't that "evolved". I want him to live forever.

Yes I feel the same.

I'm a bit tied up at the minute (King of the house wants his tea) but I'll get my facts straight on the story & post the details ASAP.

I want to say that I think that was a lovely story but it's not quite the right words is it? I think you know what I mean. I hope that they are all well and very happy.

My IHTM is sort of along the same lines.

Earlier in the summer I lost my first baby at 8 weeks. My hubby and I where devastated as you can imagine. After alot of soul searching and tears I found out I was pregnant again. (I am now 6 months and all is well). Just after losing my baby my Dad was diagnosed with brain cancer. Beofre he passed 3 months to the day he was diagnosed he became slightly obsessed with rainbows. He even made my Mum take photos of one that appeared one day. The day he died, a massive one appeared over the house, I like to think it was his way of saying he is ok now. Anyway, I placed my scan picture in his coffin and asked him to look after this baby for me.

I went for my 12 week scan and natually I was terrified. The scan was fine and showed that baby was doing well. When I came out of the hospital, there was a massive rainbow in the sky, unusual for November. All I could say, through the tears, was thanks Dad.

I've checked my facts & this how the events unfolded.

It was Grandma who went to see the medium.

She was told certain facts/predictions and then left.

Meanwhile mum & dad were at home. Their little boy (2 at the time) came in from the garden with a white feather ( & I mean unusually white - not a scraggy seagull feather) & presentred it to Dad. 'Ooh', says Dad 'lets save it'. So they went to put it in an urn ( part of a a pair in fact ) on top of the mantlepiece. These urns had been inherited from mums deceased father. The first one was full of bits & pieces so Dad looked in the second one & it was empty except for a box of Swan vesta matches. The feather went in there.

Next thing Mum comes running from upstairs having done a pregnancy test (secretley as the previous disappointments were getting too much) which was positive.

So, a little later they rang Grandma to tell her the good news. As soon as they said a new bay was on the way Grandma told them:

'Do you know, I went to see a medium today & she told me she could see a man looking just like your father with a baby girl on his knee saying 'Dont worry I'm looking after her' & then another man appeared with a cigarette, faffing about in his jacket for a match. He said he always used Swan vestas & he couldn't find them. This was mums Grandad. The medium then went on to say that a new baby would come with the white feather.

See my original post for the ending. Spooky but nice ?

One thing I am worried about is that I may have dredged up bad memories for some people. That was not my intention. I rather meant it as a tale of hope in an increasingly bleak world. Or is that just my world view?

Anyway there it is.

Give all your children an extra hug. It can't do anything but good.

Robotman said:
One thing I am worried about is that I may have dredged up bad memories for some people. That was not my intention. I rather meant it as a tale of hope in an increasingly bleak world. Or is that just my world view?

Anyway there it is.

Give all your children an extra hug. It can't do anything but good.

Every once in awhile I'll have a vivid dream that someone I love who's died is actually continuing about his or her business, but in another realm. And their "business" is usually as odd as you'd expect from a dream. I wright these off as wishful thinking, but your story makes me think maybe there is some truth to my dreams. So thank you. It's impossible to care for people and animals without having painful memories, isn't it?

It's impossible I'd say.

Thats the curse of loving someone so much, but its far outweighed by the blessings. (I'll keep this in mind the next time I'm looking for Calpol at 4:00am).

We wouldn't be without him.

Back