• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

New Signal Detected In The Human Brain

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
A Never-Before-Seen Type of Signal Has Been Detected in The Human Brain

sciencealert.com
28 June, 2021

Scientists have discovered a unique form of cell messaging occurring in the human brain that's not been seen before. Excitingly, the discovery hints that our brains might be even more powerful units of computation than we realized.

Early last year, researchers from institutes in Germany and Greece reported a mechanism in the brain's outer cortical cells that produces a novel 'graded' signal all on its own, one that could provide individual neurons with another way to carry out their logical functions.

By measuring the electrical activity in sections of tissue removed during surgery on epileptic patients and analysing their structure using fluorescent microscopy, the neurologists found individual cells in the cortex used not just the usual sodium ions to 'fire', but calcium as well.

(...)

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-never-before-seen-type-of-signal-has-been-detected-in-the-human-brain

Luke, Han, Obi-wan, Yoda, Leila, are you calling me ?

Yes, I am strong with the Force !

That’ll be the vaccine kicking in.
Good call - I reckon this is just the start of it....

Doctor-Who-Imperial-Dalek-Remembrance-of-the-Daleks-1~2_resize_75.jpg

Supposedly just about everyone showed up to her costume fitting, the show knew exactly what it was doing with her outfit.
They wouldn't have put a man in something that tight...

Back