• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

North East's Most Haunted Building—Never Heard Of It!

SmallGeorge

Junior Acolyte
Saw this news article this week in the Northern Echo.

I've used the Yahoo copy of the story as the Northern Echo is so much click bait these days as to render it inaccessible on a mobile device (thanks for that Reach Inc.).

Ghosts 'with half a torso' seen as building branded North East's 'spookiest'

I must say, I've lived in Newcastle and the North East for years and have never heard of this particular place. That said, Grey Street in Newcastle is at the centre of some pretty major redevelopment work (as is a lot of Newcastle City Centre at the moment) and is the home to some amazing and historic buildings relating to the City's coalmasters, so perhaps a disgruntled entity or two are making their opinions known.

Always love half a torso story, too.

I've used the Yahoo copy of the story as the Northern Echo is so much click bait these days as to render it inaccessible on a mobile device (thanks for that Reach Inc.).

I must say, I've lived in Newcastle and the North East for years and have never heard of this particular place. That said, Grey Street in Newcastle is at the centre of some pretty major redevelopment work (as is a lot of Newcastle City Centre at the moment) and is the home to some amazing and historic buildings relating to the City's coalmasters, so perhaps a disgruntled entity or two are making their opinions known.

Not heard of it either and I did quite a bit of research into ghosts of Newcastle when I wrote Paranormal Newcastle.

Last edited:

When I go to Newcastle every couple of weeks I still marvel at the beautiful architecture from the very Hans Christian Anderson Emerson Chambers (Waterstones) right down to Grey Street and then Dean Street to Quayside BUT like other earea's in the UK they have butchered the city surrounds with high rise offices (who needs them now when a lot can work from home) and student accommadation...looks Blade Runner or in my eyes Dystopia :(

When I go to Newcastle every couple of weeks I still marvel at the beautiful architecture from the very Hans Christian Anderson Emerson Chambers (Waterstones) right down to Grey Street and then Dean Street to Quayside BUT like other earea's in the UK they have butchered the city surrounds with high rise offices (who needs them now when a lot can work from home) and student accommadation...looks Blade Runner or in my eyes Dystopia :(
Blaydon Runner more like.

So they are Harvey & Hugo PR but seem to like Fortean stuff:

17. “I watched from above my own body.” Meet Opportunity Global co-founder Michaela Reaney.

https://www.harveyandhugo.com/prson...pportunity-global-co-founder-michaela-reaney/

14. “Sometimes you would get goosebumps at the scene.” Meet CSI turned business woman, Angela Davies.

Murder, death and the supernatural. This latest episode of PRsonal isn’t for the faint of heart, as former crime scene investigator Angela Davies tells Charlotte about the most grisly, ghastly and ghoulish things she encountered on the job.

https://www.harveyandhugo.com/prson...meet-csi-turned-business-woman-angela-davies/

24: God, ghosts and Britain’s Got Talent: Meet presenter and podcaster Alfie Joey

On the latest PRsonal episode, he discusses his incredible professional journey which took him from the priesthood to YouTube fame and Britain’s Got Talent – plus a house haunted by Elvis himself!

https://www.harveyandhugo.com/prson...lent-meet-presenter-and-podcaster-alfie-joey/

But can't find the Newcastle was linked to above...?

Back