Nuclear Damage

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
'they also said that about all their atom-splitting activities before, but how will they find the time to prove sceptics wrong, after this ecocidal century?' (just get space-x involved and rather do your petty research on Mars! that planet is already completely destroyed with american radiation anyway).

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
well, I would never admit they stole it somewhere, but as dr. Brandenburg's story has it some 'alien race' (foreign to Mars) used 2 airburst hydrogen-nukes, causing an absurd local amount of Xenon-129 in the previous episode of The Cold War. I think dr. John Brandenburg was NOT implying USSR did that, so.. later on they mapped the fall-out and NASA sent over some robotic vehicles to the exact same area on Mars (near cydonia-valley)

INT21

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Reaction score
Guess I must have missed that.

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Looked at that video and wondered who 'Frederick Niche' was.

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
how about this, at least it has a sense of humour! (just like dr. John Brandenburg)

next: I'll be in the Troll's Head trying to fundraise for 'The Real Mars-terraforming Project'.. (initially, we're going to need about 385 trillion bucks to start up our independent theme-park on Mars, including a huge roller-coaster-ride, that will help explain to 'alien visitors' what happened to the Earth and her sister-planet Mars, before space-x does).
sayanara

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
so, I take it you find dr. Brandenburg's theory quite plausible? me, I'm not so sure these days, I'm only speculating that, for his career/livelyhood, he depends on several governmental institutions, including NASA/JPL, so he may just be helping to stop the public believing terraforming Mars is a realistic possibility, by publishing his research.. on the other hand, if some sociopathical government in the past did give orders to destroy all life on Mars, who or what would protect them from the truth? in other words, why is Brandenburg's work not 'classified'?

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
so, I take it you find dr. Brandenburg's theory quite plausible? me, I'm not so sure these days, I'm only speculating that, for his career/livelyhood, he depends on several governmental institutions, including NASA/JPL, so he may just be helping to stop the public believing terraforming Mars is realistic a possibility, by publishing his research.. on the other hand, if some sociopathical government in the past did give orders to destroy all life on Mars, who or what would protect them from the truth? in other words, why is Brandenburg's work not 'classified'?
I do entertain the idea that some form of nuclear cataclysm occurred on Mars a looong time ago, yes.
Maybe Brandenburg is right, who knows?

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...-evidence-bizarre-theory-Nasa-conference.html

if he is right, and provides scientific evidence, like trinitite found by the curiosity-rover, all of it is pointing exactly in one direction and the only real lie that contitutes temporal stability is the estimate of time that has passed between Mars' pre-nuked and post-nuked state.. dr. Brandenburg keeps suggesting 'it' happened a long time ago (probably before perestrojka?). I think The Russians didn't do it and also The Chinese probably never bombed Mars in the past.. so, let me see, what kind of civilisation would have actually had the capacity to use two air-burst hydrogen-weapons on Mars in the past? also, why would they? also, how could they? all the olicharchs in this world can't fix the damage, because there won't be time to do that, maybe they have plenty of money to terra-form Mars, but they will not find the time they need, just like Earths' eco-system is running out of time.

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...-evidence-bizarre-theory-Nasa-conference.html

if he is right, and provides scientific evidence, all of it is pointing exactly in one direction and the only real lie that contitutes temporal stability is the estimate of time that has passed between Mars' pre-nuked and post-nuke state.. (dr. Brandenburg keeps suggesting 'it' happened a long time ago, probably before perestrojka). I think The Russians didn't do it and also The Chinese probably never bombed Mars in the past. so, let me see, what kind of civilisation would have actually had the capacity to use two air-burst hydrogen-weapons on Mars in the past? also, why would they? also, how could they?
It may have happened around the time that humans moved from Mars to Earth.
Mars was 'the Garden of Eden' and 'God' cast 'Adam and Eve' out...

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
oh okay, so you don't hold NASA for a primary suspect, okay, excuse me, we probably read dr. Brandenburgs' implications in a wholly different manner, hahaha! today, The U.S. is just sitting there like a fat toad, feeding on their own, global, radio-active crap, nothing anybody can do about it.. (pinpointing to operation paperclip is not my style, we have other threads for that, but let me finish by wishing all you would-be olicharchs a gigantic 'dream on'!)

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
oh okay, so you don't hold NASA for a primary suspect, okay, excuse me, we probably read dr. Brandenburgs' implications in a wholly different manner, hahaha! today, The U.S. is just sitting there like a fat toad, feeding on their own, global, radio-active crap, nothing anybody can do about it..
What? Do you think the Americans tested 2 really HUGE nukes on Mars and kept quiet about it? Why would they do that?
It's probably less likely than the explanation I mentioned above.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
when I feed that to duckduckgo, most of what I'm getting is Friedrich Nietzsche, zaratustra, you know
Yes, I know. I mentioned it because that video mentioned a quote by 'Frederick Niche'. I gave up watching at that point. If they can't get a detail like that right, what's the rest of it like?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
yeah, but please, before you yankees drone-attack my house, like Edward Snowden, let me state that I am not a nationalist, I don't care whether the people that did that were/are americans! humanity did that, animals don't nuke planets with plutonium, because they know life is precious, as well as habitable atmospheres.
I've never been called a Yankee before. Probably because I'm a Brit!

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
so, I take it you find dr. Brandenburg's theory quite plausible? ...
I definitely don't.

... on the other hand, if some sociopathical government in the past did give orders to destroy all life on Mars, who or what would protect them from the truth? in other words, why is Brandenburg's work not 'classified'?
Please clarify what you mean by this passage. At face value it implies some "sociopathical terrestrial government" nuked Mars.

Brandenburg made no such claim.

Based on some creative connecting-of-dots with cherry-picked data from Mars probes he originally hypothesized the ancient existence of one or more natural "reactors" (akin to the one in Gabon) which exploded sometime in the distant past. This was back around 2010 / 2011.

As of circa 2014, he changed his stated hypothesis to claim the evidence pointed to an ancient Martian nuclear war rather than the explosion of a natural reactor site.

The key word in both cases: "ancient".

Under both hypotheses, he was suggesting catastrophic events far in the past - perhaps millennia before any earthbound party had the means to nuke Mars.

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
excuse me for not replying immediately, some unexpected visitor came to my house. I will correct the 'you' aspect with regard to Mythopoeika, I didn't mean to say 'you yankees' to you personally.. just a minute, please. done: I swapped 'you' for 'some', allright?

to EnolaGaia: I see, to be able to accuse some 'third party' of nuking Mars, one would need some evidence. that would be quite a problem, to visit Mars to collect trinitite, but I don't think that would be totally impossible.. if dr. Brandenburg would just be a lunatic with wicked fantasies, he would probably not be stopped from publishing by the government, unless he would act opposed to national interest, that is reality. that is why I asked, why is he not stopped from publishing, or why is his work not 'classified'? (about the 'terrestrial' aspect, you really wouldn't suppose Mars was nuked by an extra-terrestrial party, would you?)

Last edited:

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
indeed, 'ancient' is the keyword.. in several interviews and publications dr. Brandenburg only lies when it's about the time that has passed between the pre-nuked and post-nuked state of Earth's sister Mars. he will probably keep insisting that who or whatever used two air-burst hydrogen-bombs did that a looong time ago (that is why I joked: so, all that happened even before perestrojka, which did not happen in ancient history, but during my life-time).

Last edited:

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
What? Do you think the Americans tested 2 really HUGE nukes on Mars and kept quiet about it? Why would they do that?
It's probably less likely than the explanation I mentioned above.
why? well, I guess they just wanted to avoid Mars becoming a communist planet, space-racing there as fast as they could to help avoid the Soviets and Chinese colonising Mars, but this way NATO slammed the door shut for all humanity: now nobody can escape to Mars, while everybody's getting stuck in Earths crashing eco-system, not in the least caused by NATO-allies creating the Fukushima-drama, for instance.. plus, now that I've started to read your words more carefully, I don't believe 'who-ever' nuked Mars twice, just to test nukes, as dr. Brandenburg stated it, 'they' used huge mega-bombs 'as large as the empire state building' and the shockwaves they caused met on the other side of Mars.

Last edited:

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
it is so red, it will never change to the american ideal of democratic pluriformity and free market economy

Last edited:

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
it is so red, it will never change to the american ideal of democratic pluriformity and free market economy, so whether or not life on Mars was wiped out by JPL or even an extra-terrestrial party, at least everything out there living up to a communist standard is now dead, just like in The Netherlands, in the last elections there was no communist party available, anymore (CPN or later on NCPN).
I doubt there has been any life ever on Mars beyond possibly bacteria or, at the very most, a few tiny scraps of lichen.

I sincerely hope that humankind will colonise Mars at some stage and, given that humanity's natural and obviously preferred state is libertarian rather than totalitarian, I would expect us to export libertarianism to Mars instead of communism.

Nils Meijer

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
what about Cydonia? surely, some'thing' built these structures?