• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Numbers connected to people

this happened to me a while ago, I figured that it only registered when I glanced at the clock and it showed a pattern.

I've had a very similar thing happening to me with the number 747, and it's been going on since I was a kid. It makes me very nervous every time I get on a Jumbo.

I suspect that I have just become sensitive to this number

Could it be the case that the normal psychological process of cognitive heuristic application is taking place, ie you are subconsciously ignoring all the times that you look at a clock, watch, whatever and it doesn't register with the times that register the most interest in your mind?

Alternatively, probability theory dictates that there will be times when you look at the time and it displays times that that are of particular relevance to you.

If you roll a die for long enough it will eventually give you 10 6's in a row. This is not supernature. This is part of the life of the universe and when these instances occur they remind us at a subconscious level of the vastness of everything, some numbers etc we cannot even comprehend. Be happy for you have touched into the enormity of mathematics. However these instances will, and should, happen. If they did not we would have to really start worrying.

I have this thing where I will think of a film I haven't seen for a bit, or maybe an advert, and it will come on TV one or two days later. It happens all the time! Not really annoying but just good to do.

jimboak47 said:
I have this thing where I will think of a film I haven't seen for a bit, or maybe an advert, and it will come on TV one or two days later. It happens all the time! Not really annoying but just good to do.
Me too 8)

Hi

This exact thing was discussed quite recently on this board- seems to happen to a lot of other people too:-

edit- removed link as both threads now merged. Quixote

Oh, wow, I thought, "what a silly post", but then I straightaway looked at my didgital alarm cloak which said 10:10

The late, great John Lennon claimed the number nine held special significance in his life. He was born on october 9, ( as was his second child, Sean ), produced several tunes featuring the number ( 'Revolution #9' & 'Number 9 Dream' ), and was assasinated on December 8, 1980 ( December 9 in britain, the land of his birth ).

When Ronald Reagan stopped being Prez, didn't he and Nancy buy a new house in LA or thereabout, and wasn't the street number 666? I can't remember if I read this or just imagined it.

I just looked at the computer clock while I was reading this thread.

22:22

Cue spooky doo dooo do doo music

They're here!

jimboak47 wrote:

Me too Cool

just the other week a guy at work said 'you remember the rapper guy with that big haircut' Everyone got thinking and decided he meant 'Kid and Play'
he sent round a picture from the internet to much 'oh yeahs' and 'ahhh them guys from the film House Party' .... sure enough after something like 15 years without seeing the film or thinking about it in any fashion (it isn't a great film) I flick on the telly and sure enough 'kid and play in house party' comes on !!!!

My number is 42. It's become a bit of an obsession with me. I even have notebook list all my sightings in it. It's in my my left hand as I type with my right one. I started on April 24th and am up to 22 sigthings. Thank you Panhandle for numder twenty-two! :D

Doctor Who formerly The Shadow

Buckeye, I thought that lottery # on 9/11 being 911 was just a UL?

BTW, to break the thread, I looked at the clock on the cable box while reading this and the time was boring old 1:48. and now it's 1:50. Not sure if I'll stay up until 2:22 a.m. to see if I catch that time; I'm finally getting sleepy and think I'll head off to bed soon.

my number is definitely 206. It's been that for a few years now. I see it everywhere! In movies, in streets, if i glance at the clock, its often 2.06. If i'm watching a dvd, and then i randomly check how long its been playing for, it'll be 2 hours and 6 minutes. it's strange. If i wake up in the middle night, it's often 2.06am.

I've been having weird number moments lately too. *Gulps* I've been shopping on a few occasions lately, and £6.66 has appeared on the checkout :shock: When I looked at my electric meter the other week to do a reading, that was the same *gulps again* But to top it all off, when I rang T-Mobile for a balance, I got ; You now have Six pounds and sixty six pence credit available. I almost followed thru'! :shock: Is someone trying to tell me something here. lol :shock:

:twisted:

I work as a pharmacy tech. When patients drop of prescriptions to be filled, we have to go through a rigamarole of questions regarding patient info for their profiles, such as address and date of birth, regardless whether they have standing profiles or not. Last Saturday I received two scripts in a row for two different, unrelated customers with the DOB 10/21/53. A few days ago, I received 2 more scripts in a row for two different, unrelated people, both with the DOB 8/19/53.

My other newly created thread had me once again thinking about reasonable explanations to the few odd scenarios that happen to me, and I thought I would update with a couple outstanding cases that taunt logic and run the other direction.

Last year sometime, I caught a nasty virus that ended up turning into Walking Pneumonia. After being diagnosed by the doctor I was of course prescribed some medication. As most of you surely know, medication doses generally come in increments of 25 (25mg, 150mg so on and so forth). However, while looking over the details and directions on the bottle I noticed that the dose was 333 (obviously, since i'm posting this here). Perhaps someone with a knowledgable background in medication can say if this is a common dose size or any details of the sort.

The next scenario happened a few months after the one above during the last half of my Senior year (me being the young human I am). There's a bowling class available at my school, and everybody has two teammates. Mine never came so I ended up bowling for three people (but that three is not important). We would get print outs to record our score of the day so the bowling alley computers could keep track of our progress. It listed all our averages and below that, the team averages added together. One day when recording the scores I looked at the bottom. Low-and-behold, the average total was 333.

I made sure to keep that score sheet and the bottle and still have them.

I seem to revolve around the number 13.

For instance:
I was born on Friday 13th June.
I drive a car which has the number 13 in the registration.
My shoe size is 13.
My Mensa IQ is 136.
I live at number 137.
I wrote my first novel when I was 13. Didn't finish it. :(

I must point out that I didn't jump up and down and demand I get my current car for the sake of the number plate, and it didn't click with the current house until after we moved in. I've looked at previous events in my life and the distance between one thing and the next (regarding similar things) tends to be a multiple of 13. Now I could just be clutching at straws but I believe in some connection between certain numbers and what happens to me.

The numbers 7 and 22 seem to have relevance as well.

I'll be 26 this year which is a multiple of 13, so perhaps that brings good things! One thing of note is that I'll be a dad come September! :D

PlagueRider said:
I'll be 26 this year which is a multiple of 13, so perhaps that brings good things! One thing of note is that I'll be a dad come September! :D

Congratulations!
:yeay:

I have a similar sort of connection with the number 19:

I was born on the 19th and my day+month+ year comes a multiple of 19.
My parents named me with the 19th letter of the alphabet and gave me a full name with 19 letters.
My first house was a multiple of 19, no57
I spent years of school being nineteenth on the register and having the 19th locker in the hall.....
Somehow I always seem to be drawn to the things labelled 19......they tend to show me the best option, which is nice since I'm 19 this year. I think these numbers act like signposts for us.

I also always glance at the clock at 12:34. funny thing though, is that is my birth time.

PlagueRider said:

As ElishevaBarsabe says, congratulations! :)

I'd say 13 is my 'lucky' number too. I was born on the 13th so I always gravitate to 13.

When we used to have a lottery syndicate (if your number was the bonus ball that week you'd win whatever was in the pot) at work I couldn't have 13 as it had already been chosen by someone. I went for 26 instead (being a multiple of 13) and managed to win over £200 on various rollovers before they disbanded it. In the end I had people asking if I would swap numbers with them.

I was born on the 27th February, but for some reason big life changes - new job, new house, new girlfriend always happened on Feb 17th. In fact I would plan my life on the assumption that big changes would happen on that date. Just the last couple of years 'though, nothing much has happened. Must be gettting old!

Ok, I'm here with another update.

It stopped for awhile, but recently it has come back in full effect. I recently went on a camping trip with two of my good friends, and there was one outstanding situation that seems to show this is more than a coincidence. The first event was like dozens of others. I looked down at the ipod (which was hooked to the car's stereo through a tape adapter), and there were 3:33 minutes of the song left. I'm still not used to seeing it, but I am more accepting of it, so I just made a jovial "333 again" comment and let it go. However, no more than 5-10 minutes later, the ipod screen froze during a song but the sound kept playing. It was stuck on 3:33 minutes into the song. This really caught me off guard and I instantly showed the friend who wasn't driving so I would have a witness. Oh, and on a somewhat less believable note (less believable in that it is more likely to be complete chance than the rest of the happenings), on my last hand on aforementioned Pokerstars before I went out with a friend today (as in "ok, last hand and we can go"), I won with 3 of a kind 3s.

Everytime I look at a digital clock, it reads 12:34 too.

I have another odd thing that happens to me:
I am reading a novel (I read a lot), and every time I get the urge to look at the page number, it is a multiple of 100.
100, 200, 300 ...

I always notice this.

"An Angel passed.."

Kind of related note to all this.

It became apparent to a group of my mates (& I) that those weirdly silent moments when all the conversations in the pub stop at once for no obvious reason are always either at 20 minutes past or 20 minutes to the hour.

Does everyone subconsciously run out of conversation at the same time?

Strangest link to it was, one friend said a teacher at school had remarked about the phenomenon years previously.

I thought that the moment of conversation 'silence' (as post above) was usually attributed to 'an angel passing overhead' or a phrase similar to it. As to a psychological reason.....hmmm.....I suppose I would have to ask if one has always recorded when a conversation flags? And then go on from there :D . If a conversation began on the dot of an hour, one could argue that attention spans are good for about 20 mins, then one might (just might) notice a lag at 20 past...but this seems stretching an idea. However, I am now going to have to keep a note of these lags myself :D - v.interesting.

Quickly, I had a dream a week or so ago. The number 88 was quite prominent (and not in context to anything in the main body of the dram). Does anybody have any notion as to what 88 may represent? My friend gave me a psychodynamic explanation that transposed 88 to meaning 'I hate it, I hate it'. However, I really don't think my mind works in that type of way...Over to anybody :D

GadaffiDuck said:
Quickly, I had a dream a week or so ago. The number 88 was quite prominent (and not in context to anything in the main body of the dram). Does anybody have any notion as to what 88 may represent?
What sort of dram was it? Cheap whisky gives me all sorts of nightmares.

Maybe you heard a German shouting "Achtung, achtung!" but misheard it as "Acht und acht und..." and your dreaming mind translated it as "Eight and eight" instead of "warning, warning", or, and now I think about it this seems the most likely explanation, I'm reading far too much into what was, after all, just a dream (or possibly a dram).

Back