• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Occult Hollywood

Holly Babby books are silly, fun, shocking, and completely disreputable.

Plus you can even believe the made-up stuff, because you wouldn't put anything past those Hollywood types. Just a pity you can draw a straight line between that and the modern conspiracy theories based around the community.

He apparently wrote a third Hollywood Babylon book but I seem to remember it was never published because it revealed some dirty kinky secrets and stuff about someone who was still alive at the time so the publisher refused to go ahead with its release, but I also recall that you could get a copy by privately writing to some address or possibly Anger himself, does anyone else remember this or have any more information on Hollywood Babylon III?

I've read that the classic Hollywood actor Henry Daniell was a follower of Jiddu Krishnamurti but I haven't found confirmation outside of message boards.

New film about Jayne Mansfield and her connection to the Church of Satan at the end of her life:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansfield_66/67
Mansfield 66/67 is a 2017 U.S./U.K. documentary film directed by P. David Ebersole & Todd Hughes. Mansfield 66/67 is about the last two years of movie goddess Jayne Mansfield’s life, and the rumours swirling around her untimely death being caused by a curse, after her alleged romantic dalliance with Anton LaVey, head of the Church of Satan. It's "a true story based on rumour and hearsay," celebrating Jayne's life on the 50th anniversary of her death.[1]

Classic documentary interviews with an eccentric collection of commenters including Kenneth Anger, John Waters, Mamie Van Doren, Tippi Hedren, A.J. Benza, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls star Dolly Read, and gender-bending 1980s pop star Marilyn (singer) as well as a host of experts across numerous disciplines are blended with experimental dance numbers, performance art and animation, elevating a tabloid tale of a fallen Hollywood idol into a celebration of the mythical proportions of a true original.

We should probably just move my old thread about Jayne and Anton here too:
http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...vay-killed-jayne-mansfield.21093/#post-514234

Back