• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Occult / Ritual Animal Sacrifice

original_fLeebLe

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Investigation over goat sacrifice

A goat was cut to pieces and dumped in a skip after a suspected ritual killing.
Workmen in St Peters Road, Hastings, spotted the carcass in a skip - prompting an investigation by council officials.

A Hastings council spokesman said the death was "appalling".

The spokesman said the goat's horns, head and legs had been severed and its organs had been removed in the apparent sacrifice.

Paul Donaghue, the builder who found the goat, said: "There were a couple of blue bags in there and I had in a look inside and saw fur.

"I thought it was a dog so I called the dog warden, he had a closer look and said he thought it was a cow or calf but now we know it was a goat.

"It was a horrible discovery."

The council spokesman said they were disturbed by the discovery and wanted to find whoever was responsible.

He said: "We have dealt with some unpleasant incidents but this is probably the worst we have seen.

"From the horrific injuries inflicted upon the animal the evidence points to this being some sort of ritual killing.

"There can be no justification for this and I cannot imagine what sort of person can do this to an animal, the poor thing must have suffered horribly."

Anyone with information has been asked to contact Hastings Borough Council or the RSPCA.
link

very tasty, goat.

so..... is it implied that it was alive while being errrrrr.... "sacrificed"?

Kath

i know someone with two goats to give away.... any takers?..nasty things

I'll do a bit of hosuework and mvoe some of the animal attacks over here but for now:

Article Published: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 8:43:42 PM PST

Kitten rescued from occult ritual

3 men arrested in cemetery plead guilty to animal cruelty

By Ben Baeder , Staff Writer

DOWNEY -- Three men, one wearing a black, hooded cloak. A black kitten in a bag with its legs tied together and a puncture wound in its hip. A knife, candles, a wax skull, daggers, four roosters in boxes.

Painted in red on a nearby animal skin were the words "Beelzebub Jefe Supremo.'

That's the scene police came upon in a cemetery early New Year's morning.

Now, authorities are trying to find a home for the kitten they call Nuevo and three men are facing time behind bars.

Police discovered the cat at about 1 a.m. New Year's Day in the Downey Cemetery. Three men found with the cat were arrested, according to the Southeast Area Animal Control Authority.

Downey Police Officer Chris Maher approached the men and saw a bag hanging from a tree. When he looked in the bag, he found Nuevo, whose front and back legs were tied up, according to SEAACA Cpl. Charles Miller.

The men, one of whom was wearing a black, hooded cloak, told the officer they planned to kill the feline, according to a written statement from SEAACA.

On Tuesday, the three men pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of animal cruelty.

Miguel Capistran Flores, 26, of Los Angeles and Dimas Martinez Sanchez, 33, of Los Angeles were sentenced to one year in jail, according to Miller.

Camarino Reyes, 57, of Lynwood was sentenced to 90 days in jail and three years' probation, according to Miller.

"Usually, when you see these types of incidents, it's usually teenagers,' he said. "But these were adults. To me, I guess that makes this even more alarming. I can't say enough how happy we were with the sentence.'

For having almost been sacrificed, Nuevo on Thursday was in good spirits at the SEAACA headquarters in Downey.

The long, lean kitten with white back paws snuggled with the pound's employees and burrowed through plants in the facility's visiting area.

He had what appeared to be rope burns on his legs and a small scar on his hip, but he did not seem to be in pain.

"You'd think after something like that, he'd be a little scared,' Miller said. "But he's just looking for some affection.'

Source

Dartmoor ritual sheep killing

Midday BBC new just caught a snippet and cant find anything on the net yet... but aparently a lot (5+) sheep have been found on Dartmoor, newly killed (looked to have throats cut) in a pentagram configuration...anyone know anything or is nearbye?

BBC Report

There are seven sheep arranged in a 'heptagram' which the aticles says is
a mystical symbol commonly used in occult ceremonies
I think that would a pentagram tha is commnonly used, i had to google to find an image of a heptagram as i couldn't picture it.

Could be The Beast of Dartmoor, but i think the farmers thought that lightning did it is more likely.

Source
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4171399.stm

THis site says that Lightning can cause spinal fractures
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/6301-3.asp[/url]

a Heptagram http://thesaurus.maths.org/dictionary/images/Heptagram.png

a page about hte number seven. The heptagram in various mystical traditions is mentioned about a quarter down the page.
http://www.crystalinks.com/numerology3.html

A Heptagram Ritual
http://www.hermetic.com/browe/heptagrm.html

on the news the farmer said knecks broken but thier knecks looked to have been virtuly skinned.... sort of thing a human does i would say (a sheep when caught and held in the clasic sheep sheering position gos passive and still, easy then to snap its kneck and mutilate it)

It says on the lightening strike symptoms page linked above that lightening can blow clothes off, perhaps it can also blow skin off.

FEARS OF OCCULT RITUALS AS SHEEP ARE SLAUGHTERED

09:30 - 15 January 2005

A Gruesome find on a West moor has once again cast the disturbing shadow of the occult over the region. Police are investigating the macabre discovery on Dartmoor of seven slain sheep, their limp bodies apparently arranged to form a heptagram - a seven-pointed star symbol that has for centuries been linked to the dark arts and Black Magic rituals.

Each of the docile animals had had its neck broken and, after their deaths, the animals heads were turned to jut sickeningly in different directions.

The disturbing find comes after last summer's death of Peter Solheim, a parish councillor from Carnkie in Cornwall with strong occult connections. His body was found floating in the sea of the Lizard peninsula covered in unexplained marks.

The sheep corpses were found on the slopes of Pew Tor in the Moortown area of Dartmoor.

"It was quickly established that it was the work of human hands and not animal," said a police spokesman yesterday. "The necks were broken and had been deliberately been placed to face different directions."

Although the Devon and Cornwall force is investigating the incident as an act of criminal damage, there are concerns among locals that it could be something more sinister.

"It is certainly very strange," added the police spokesman. "The owner is believes that this is some king of pagan-related incident. But there is no hard evidence for that and until we have some we have to consider as an act of criminal damage."

The sheep belonged to three local farmers, Michael Doidge, Chris Cole and Mary Alford, and were worth hundreds of pounds.

At first glance, Mr Cole thought the animals had been killed by a lightning strike, but closer inspection changed his mind.

"That's normally what has happened when you find groups of animals dead like that," he said, before realising they had been arranged in the seven-pointed star.

"It's scared some people and worried them, me included, being this close to home. I don't really know what's happened. It's more what we are imagining happened here now."

Jane Kellett, who runs Langstone Manor caravan and campsite with husband Dave, found the sheep. "It struck us as unusual because we couldn't see any tyre tracks around them at all, nothing had been eaten, no wool had been taken off and the heads looked to be at funny angles," she said.

"We didn't really notice any particular shape, but now we have heard these suggestions about rituals and what have you, I'd really rather not think about it too much. I hope it is not the start of strange happenings."

Source

More sheep mutilations:

Ritual kill fear over sheep slaughter

Co Derry farm targeted over 14-year period

By Brendan McDaid
[email protected]
12 April 2005

The USPCA today said it was not ruling out a possible ritualistic-style motive for the deaths and mutilation of over 330 sheep on a Co Londonderry farm over the past 14 years.

Farmer Gerald McLaughlin from Feeney today called for a major investigation to be launched, as USPCA experts were studying pictures of living and dead animals with their tongues cut out.

Police also confirmed today that Mr McLaughlin had been making complaints for over ten years but said post-mortem examinations had not helped them establish a cause of death.

Mr McLaughlin said he was dismayed following the latest incident in which a number of lambs and ewes were found with their tongues sliced off.

The most recent attacks are believed to have happened at the weekend.

However, hundreds of similar gruesome incidents have been ongoing since 1990.

Many of the animals were also found to have had their eyes plucked out.

Mr McLaughlin said today: "I want to see more action from police.

"It's been 14 years and the police are still handling the case. They say they cannot point the finger at whoever did it - they say their hands are tied.

"The tongues were completely and cleanly cut out. A knife would have been used so this could only have been committed by a human."

His wife Bridget added that both she and the couple's children have been reduced to tears as a result of the ongoing incidents.

The family have been recording a list of the most recent events.

Asked if ritualistic slaughter was a possible motive, a spokesman for the USPCA said: "This is a bizarre case and we are looking at all lines of inquiry.

"This has been going on for a long time and an investigation has been ongoing. We are appealing for anyone with information to come forward."

The high number of sheep deaths was today described by police as "unusual".

Mr McLaughlin, however, has disputed claims by police that many of the animals appear to have died before they were mutilated.

He has also handed over photographic evidence to USPCA officers.

In a statement a PSNI spokesman said: "Police have been investigating the reports and have arranged for post-mortem examinations to be carried out by Department of Agriculture vets.

"The USPCA have also been consulted.

"None of these examinations has been able to establish the cause of death of the sheep - mainly lambs, but also some full grown ewes.

"The tongues appear to have been removed after death has occurred.

"The examinations and other police inquiries have so far failed to establish if any crime has taken place."

Source

I don't suppose there are any pracitioners of hoodoo or sects of Voudun over there is there? Just wondering, as they do practice some forms of animal sacrifice, albeit not on this scale.

Animal sacrifice could spark shark attack

Thu May 12,10:42 AM ET

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Blood from sheep butchered in a religious ritual at one of South Africa's busiest tourist beaches could tempt sharks toward bathers, an official warned Thursday.

A small group called the Healing Oracle has carried out such sacrifices on a beach in the eastern coastal city of Durban, media reported. Its leader Prophet Moses Michael said it was inspired by the Old Testament to help cure sick people.

But biologist Sheldon Dudley of the Natal Sharks Board, which aims to reduce attacks on humans, said the blood may attract sharks even though the beach is protected by nets.

"Putting blood or offal into the water is simply not sensible," he told Reuters. "A shark in the vicinity of the beach may come to investigate."

Shark nets have helped to reduce attacks in South Africa and Durban has not seen any major incident in recent years. But three or four people are attacked every year elsewhere off the country's coasts, Dudley said.

Animal protection officers said they were also investigating cruelty allegations around the sacrifices, and an official supervising the Durban beach said they were unacceptable.

"A beach is a public place and we can't have animals being sacrificed in front of visitors and children," the beach official told Durban's daily news.

Copyright © 2005 Reuters Limited.

SOURCE

Moor sheep 'killed by occultists'

Moor sheep 'killed by occultists'

A farmer has found six dead sheep with broken necks and eyeballs removed.
Daniel Alford, of Devon, found four corpses laid out in a square. Two others were near stones and apparently arranged to make a pagan symbol.

Mr Alford said he believed occultists could be responsible. Devon and Cornwall Police said the incident is being investigated.

Mr Alford found seven sheep killed and left in a circle less than half a mile away near Tavistock in January.

'A waste'

The six dead animals were discovered as he did his rounds on Sunday morning after a clear full moon on Saturday night, he said.

Two of the sheep were killed on a remote part of Dartmoor at least half a mile from any road.

Mr Alford said: "This was a sacrifice - they had their necks broken.

"Initially when you think of sacrifices you think sharp knives and slit throats. That wasn't the case here.

"If they had killed them and taken them away, I would have accepted it more. Just to outright kill them and leave them is such a waste."

Mr Alford, from Sampford Spiney, near Tavistock, said the sheep were wild moorland animals and would have been difficult to catch without a net.

He added: "You wouldn't just get kids catching sheep like that. Someone's got to know what they're on about."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4357188.stm
(I thought the earlier story had been posted, but I can't find it.)

rynner: There are other sheep mutliattion stories here:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 538#526538

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25141#25141

But nothing on that specific case (that I can find).

-----------
Goat heads puzzle city police

CHARLES W. KIM, Register Citizen Staff
05/30/2006

TORRINGTON - Police are trying to figure out the reason for a bizarre discovery last week on Wimbledon Gate North.

Torrington Police found two severed goat heads, a coconut and a pentagram drawn in chalk at the beginning of a driveway of a residence around 5:44 p.m. last Thursday evening, police Lt. Francis Balzano said.

"We’re not saying this is illegal," Balzano said. "We would just like to know what it means."

At this point police are not sure if this incident was some kind of ritual, practical joke or a crime against the homeowner.

Balzano said police find such combinations a couple times a year, usually in wooded areas.

"This is an isolated incident," Balzano said. "It could be people who use these things in a ritual or copycat kids that saw this somewhere."

The case has been referred to the detectives and the public is being asked to call police if they know anything about this incident or see something suspicious.

"If you see suspicious graffiti or something, call us," Balzano said. "We want to be aware of these things, whether it is a crime or not."

Balzano said police could bring charges against whoever left the items there.

"We could charge them with breach of peace if it brings alarm to anyone," Balzano said.

Anyone with information can contact Torrington Police at 489-2000.

©The Register Citizen 2006

Source

OCCULT MOTIVE SUSPECTED IN MUTILATION OF SHEEP

11:00 - 30 June 2006

Sheep have been found on Dartmoor with their necks broken and their eyes gouged out in the third attack of its kind in 18 months. The three sheep were found on moorland at Pork Hill, near Tavistock. Their tongues had also been cut out. They had been arranged in a line when they were found on Monday.

In January last year seven sheep belonging to three local farmers were found arranged in the shape of a heptagon near Sampford Spiney, West Dartmoor. They had all been strangled.

In October last year one of the same farmers found six of his sheep with their necks broken and their eyeballs removed.

Four of the dead animals had been laid out in a square, while the other two were discovered near stones apparently arranged to make a pagan symbol. The farmer believed occultists could have been to blame as the discovery came after a full moon on a Saturday night in October.

In the latest attack, the sheep, which belonged to two local farmers, had not been at Pork Hill the previous evening and it is believed the attack happened after 6pm on June 25 or early the following morning, fuelling suspicions that it took place at the time of a new moon, which was around 4am.

Police in Tavistock and the RSPCA have launched an investigation and are appealing for information. RSPCA inspector Becky Wadey believes the brutal act must have been carried out by at least two people and is urging anyone with information to come forward.

"These sheep must have been rounded up on the open moor by whoever carried out this barbaric attack," she said. "That would have required a number of people and potentially been quite a spectacle.

"The bodies were found on open, exposed ground very close to the road, so somebody must have seen something, even if they did not realise at the time that it was suspicious."

She added: "It is impossible to guess what the motivation for this brutal attack could be, so until evidence comes to light we will not rule out any lines of enquiry."

Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact police or the RSPCA 24-hour cruelty and information line on 08705 555 999 and leave a message for Inspector Wadey.

Source

Cheshire wildlife falls prey to occult killings...

AN INVESTIGATION is under way into a 'bizarre' series of suspected animal killings in Minshull Vernon.

Cheshire Police and the RSPCA are looking into why drivers making their way through the village are noticing a number of dead foxes and birds in lay-bys. The animals do not appear to have been killed by traffic.

In one incident, the find of a dead badger placed at the entry to the United Reformed Church on Eardswick Lane, surrounded by six unopened cans of lager in a star formation, prompted a local wildlife enthusiast to fear the death may have been the result of a ritual killing.

Phil Lee, of Broughton Road, Crewe, said: 'I keep seeing dead animals in the side of the road on my way to work and the most recent one was a tawny owl which seemed to be placed on top of an abandoned fridge in the lay-by.

'I knew something was not right, but finding the badger was the most worrying thing. It was left on the step with cans of unopened beer placed round it in a star shape. I thought to myself that it can't be kids doing something like that, it seemed pre-planned.

'With it being at the entry to a church, it looked almost like some kind of ritual thing.'

Mr Lee, 42, added his research found in medieval times badgers were known as 'the devil's dogs' because they lived underground.

An RSPCA spokeswoman confirmed the issue would be investigated.

She said: 'If anyone finds a dead animal in a strange situation like that they should call the RSPCA or the police. Badgers are a protected species and if one is killed illegally we investigate the matter.'

Martin Findlow, Cheshire Police wildlife liaison officer, also appealed for information and said he did not think children were responsible.

'These are quite bizarre circumstances, and because of the location of the incidents it's likely whoever has done it has travelled there by car, and probably at night.

'If anyone sees anything suspicious they can contact me on 01244 614568.'

Source: HERE!

Weird...

I was wondering though, how do you get six cans of lager to form a star shape around a badger? Unless they were unusually long cans!? Or you mentally joined the cans in a 'dot-to-dot' affair? But then again, you could join up the cans to form a hexagon, couldn't you?

And usually the 'stars' are the five pointed pentagram type. Unless it's a Cabbalistic ritual?

(Or misinformed yobs!)...
:roll:

Re: Cheshire wildlife falls prey to occult killings...

gyrtrash said:
Weird...

I was wondering though, how do you get six cans of lager to form a star shape around a badger? Unless they were unusually long cans!? Or you mentally joined the cans in a 'dot-to-dot' affair? But then again, you could join up the cans to form a hexagon, couldn't you?

And usually the 'stars' are the five pointed pentagram type. Unless it's a Cabbalistic ritual?

(Or misinformed yobs!)...
:roll:
A six-pointed star is the Star of David, as used on the Israeli flag.

(And I'm just not going to go there...! :shock: )

What really worries me is that the cans were unopened - this really was a sacrifice!

(Or a stoopid waste of beer..... What happened to the beer, anyway..? :? )

Maybe it was really crap lager?
They'd had one can and were so incensed at it's inferior quality, that they embarked on a rage-fuelled, animal-killing spree...? ;)

I used to live next to a park in Brooklyn with a large Haitian population nearby. There were so many sacrificed animals being dumped in the park that it started to be a health hazard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find another thread suitable for this news article so I'm reviving this very old thread, maybe this should be in Esoterica? I was certain that we had a dedicated animal sacrifice thread.

Amongst my friends and working groups cat sacrifices are the most common I see. Whilst human sacrifice is typically reserved for minority & ethnic occult groups, it does occur periodically in my circles, but fortunately no one has ever admitted such an act to me personally. It's possible and quite likely that certain European 'Tribes' of the o9a still cary out literal ritual Culling. And whilst I'm an o9a initiate the Culling philosophy is to me extremely disagreeable and twisted.
Occult expert finds the black magic in animal killings
Thane Grauel, The (Westchester County, N.Y.) Journal News 6:03 p.m. EDT October 6, 2014

The occult is the mystical, the magical – what is normally out of view. For most it's a shadow world known only through folklore, movies and novels.

But New York's Westchester County has had several recent glimpses of this secret realm:

-- Headless goats and birds found in Yorktown near the New Croton Reservoir.
-- A bag with headless goats and chickens found in Long Island Sound in New Rochelle.

-- A black bird wrapped in colored fabrics in Mount Vernon.

To make some kind of sense of the disturbing discoveries, the Westchester SPCA called in New York City's Marcos Quinones. For almost three decades, Quinones has been helping law enforcement agencies worldwide sort through clues to determine what type of practitioners were at work – and what they might have been seeking.

"I eliminate what's normal," he said. "If I'm left with occult aspects, is that a ritual of some sort?"

He looks for clues like candles, symbols, money, colored fabrics, and pieces of paper bearing names.

"Ultimately, you have to dissect it," he said of the scene. "The symbols within a ritual are a road map for the entity you worship, they tell what you want the entity to do for you – for someone or against someone, or a group of people."

Locations give a hint at what deities are being petitioned: Someone leaving their offering near water, for example, is likely trying to get the attention of an ocean god or goddess.

Not all magic is meant to harm someone. Sometimes it is seeking to bring good fortune, like a promotion at work or more money.

-blackbird.jpg20140903.jpg

The remains of a black bird found in the Willson’s Woods of Mount Vernon. It was wrapped in three layers of red, black and white cloth and had written symbols on it. (Photo: Courtesy of the Westchester SPCA)

Full article here, http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/06/occult-expert-animal-killings/16825565/

Last edited:
Here's a local news story:
Dead chickens, raw hamburger – what are they doing on local railroad tracks?
ATLANTA - People are leaving dead chickens and food on railroad tracks in Metro Atlanta as part of a religious practice.

Part of the religion Santeria involves animal sacrifices in which people kill birds or goats and bring their carcasses to railroad tracks.

Channel 2 Action News obtained body camera video from the Austell Police Department that shows a woman who told officers her pastor said she needed to be cleansed of evil spirits. She told officers her pastor said she should take a sacrifice to local railroad tracks. Once, she left nine packages of chicken parts, raw hamburger and other food and the bomb squad responded.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/de...n-railroad-tracks-in-metro-atlanta-/915633462

There's been an upsurge of goat sacrifices in Georgia, resulting in an upsurge in goat carcasses being dumped in the Chattahoochee River. It's being blamed on Santeria.
Mystery of headless goats being dumped in river by voodoo-style cult

The headless bodies of goats, apparently sacrificed as part of a religious ritual, have been turning up in the Chattahoochee River. Environmentalist Jason Ulseth says that in recent weeks he has seen as many as thirty headless goat courses floating in the river at a time.

He told Channel 2 Action News that it’s a growing problem.

"Over the past couple of years, I’ve seen a couple hundred, but never more than 20 to 30 at one given time like we’ve started to see here lately," he said. ...

The best theory so far is that the goats are being sacrificed by followers of Santeria, a voodoo-style cult that blends Roman Catholic reliefs with West African religion. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/mystery-headless-goats-being-dumped-24875660

Thats careless, goat meat is one of the nicest ever.

(Ok, maybe not if you prefer tender meat...)

well said! utter waste of good goat :mad:

Dead cat tied to church flagpole in village targeted in occult attacks​

A dead cat was found hanging from a church flagpole in the same village which has been targeted by occult animal attacks.

A Winchester man was previously arrested in connection with criminal damage in relation to similar incidents in 2019. He was released without charge.

Now, police are investigating after the animal was found at St Peter’s Church in Bramshaw in the New Forest, on December 12.

The discovery comes after a dead fox was also found on the church door step about two weeks earlier.

Reverend David Bacon said the incidents had “unsettled” local residents, but said it was unclear whether they were linked to previous animal deaths from nearly three years ago.

Full Story https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.u...rch-flagpole-village-targeted-occult-attacks/

Back