• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

Today I was walking to work at a client's place and while waiting for the traffic light I saw this man waiting at the other side of the crossing. Very cool hat, nice raincoat, very nicely dressed. I was totally blown away - here was a living hard boiled detective / spy novel cover walking in real life. I smiled at him admiringly but he didn't seem to catch my "respect radiation". I had to walk the same way, so I took a few pictures, but he walked very quickly and soon he was too far away. I hope the pictures catch some of my surprise.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/uair01/theman01.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/uair01/theman02.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/uair01/theman03.jpg

Not a very good detective if he didn´t realize he had been followed.

uair01 said:
I had to walk the same way, so I took a few pictures, but he walked very quickly and soon he was too far away.
Some of us might wonder who was stranger, the subject or the photographer!
Do they have laws against stalking in the Nederlands? ;)

rynner said:
Some of us might wonder who was stranger, the subject or the photographer!
Some of my colleagues probably would agree with you. ;)
But on this same thread people are always being encouraged to share picture of their strange folk, arent they? :roll:
rynner said:
Do they have laws against stalking in the Nederlands? ;)
If this were "stalking" in the legal sense, most papparazzi would be out of a job. I think that legally even "looking inside through someone's window" is permitted. I remember that one journalist took pictures of an infamous Dutch murderer, from outside, through the prison window, and published them in a popular magazine.

Edit: I looked up the laws on portraiture. Legally the person I photographed could ask not to publish his picture because of privacy concerns and/or because he is referred to in the "strange folk" thread, which has a negative connotation. Perhaps we should change the name of the thread to : "Interesting folk II".

Tramp who can tell time without watch shoots to internet stardom
Last updated at 15:53pm on 2nd July 2007

An elderly tramp has shot to internet stardom after more than 5,000 people joined a website site set up in his honour.

For the last 20 years, Gordon Roberts has wandered the streets of Bournemouth, Dorset, sporting his trademark white beard, football scarf and Parka jacket.

The 78-year-old is extremely popular among revellers and has become famous in the town for always knowing the exact time despite not having a watch.

He is so well known that the local football club, AFC Bournemouth, let him in for free for matches.

Hardcore fan Chris Kimber, 24, has now set up an appreciation group called 'Gordon the Tramp' on the social internet site Facebook.

The appreciation group 'Gordon the Tramp' was set up by hardcore fan Chris Kimber to honour Gordon Roberts - a man with the unusual ability to correctly tell the time (minus a watch)

The description reads: "Gordon the Tramp, possibly the most famous person in all of Bournemouth.
"This is a fan club for Gordon, share with us your memories of him, and stories alike."

Chris, a Bournemouth University student, was stunned when people from all over Britain immediately began signing up to the group.

An average of 200 fans joined the fan site every day including people from Australia, America and South Africa.

The number of members has now shot to more than 5,000, making Gordon an internet star.

His Facebook page has already attracted more than 5,000 friends

The 78-year-old is extremely popular among revellers

Fans have uploaded dozens of photographs of them posing with Gordon and have posted more than 500 comments with their stories of the eccentric tramp.

Luke Norbury, from Portsmouth, Hants, commented: "Gordon is a living legend.

"We should start up a group to send Gordon on tour so everyone can appreciate this great man!"

James Horton, from Plymouth, said: "He should run for mayor of Bournemouth? I would vote."

And Tim Stewart said: "Gordon...what a time-telling legend."

Mr Popular: Gordon with a fan

Site creator Chris said: "I thought it would be a bit of fun to set up a Facebook group for my friends.

"But within a week or so I was getting 100 people signing up a day and then it rose to 200 a day.

"I couldn't believe how many people knew him.

"Suddenly people were uploading pictures of them and Gordon and posting comments about when they last saw him.

"There are even people from Australia and America who have joined - they have never even met him.

"I never expected it to get this big, it's incredible."

Now some fans have arranged a 'Gordon the Tramp' party for members which will be held at the Nightjar pub in Poole on July 29.

The online invite clearly states that all attendees must dress up as Gordon if they wish to join in the fun.

Gordon has left people bemused by his uncanny knack of telling the time without looking at a clock.

His fan page features a link to a video clip posted on website YouTube where Gordon instantly gives a group of lads the correct time.

Student Nikki Hemming commented on the site: "Oh my gosh, Gordy is amazing, so handy to bump into if you need the time!"

Jay Tonks stated: "If you ever need the time or just want to test out his skills, just ask him, I bet money its not far of the truth!"

James White recalled asking Gordon the time outside a nightclub.

He wrote: "Me and my mates bumped into him when we left Elements once - around 2am - and asked him what the time was. He looked up for about two seconds and said: '2 am'. Genius."

Chris believes Gordon's time-telling ability is a superpower.

He said: "I first saw Gordon when I visited Bournemouth about seven years ago then when I came to university here I saw him out all the time.

"He is a really friendly guy and if you are nice to him then he is nice back.

"He can tell the time even though he doesn't have a watch.

"Some people think it's because he always listens to the football on a portable radio - other's joke that he's got superpowers."

When asked about his new found fame, Gordon said: "I heard about it, but I don't know much about it.

"I tell the time but sometimes I get it wrong."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

He doesn´t exactly sounds incredibly precise.

Gordon: "I tell the time but sometimes I get it wrong."

Except for the tramp thing, Gordon and I are the same*. I too tell the time but am sometimes wrong. WHERE'S MY HONOURARY WEBSITE?

[*Given a compelling reason, like the desire to make something special of poor Gordon The Tramp, people score the hits and forget about all the misses. Most people can reasonable guess the time. Urban settings have hundreds of clues: buses, lunch time crowds, store openings/closings, visible wristwatches, time displays on buildings, sun position, shadows, etc. Rural settings have fewer such clues, but enough, enough.. like the position of the sun/shadow declinations, etc.]

If people are asking him the time coz they don't know it, how do they know he's right?

Maybe he has the time written down on a piece of paper!

(Thanks to The Goons for that one, btw!)

strange chap in Hull

i found this posted onto a football website i visit and to me sounds like one of those MIB stories.

My mate just sent me this email, has anyone else seen this man? Or a similar Hull based looney?

Quote:
As I was leaving the flat this morning, a man walked past me. There was something very perculiar about him. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt and a black tie, and was carrying an old, grey briefcase. I guess he was in his late forties or early fifties, with silver hair, swept over to one side and was wearing glasses.

Something about him struck me as different. Perhaps it was the way he was walking - with a slight limp - or perhaps it was that the suit was ill fitting: the jacket was too large and the trousers too short. Or perhaps it was the way he was taking an interest in everything around him: shop windows, a church garden, a zebra crossing. It may even have been his brief case, as it seemed too old, made of plastic, and was big and bulky.

I decided by the way he was acting that he was one of the Men In Black, that strange race of people who appear to pester witnesses of UFOs; though I don't believe in UFOs.

It was still early, seven o'clockish, and I followed him into the town centre and watched amused as he tried to open shop doors that were still closed, even so far as being man handled out of one sandwich shop that was taking a delivery. I went to McDonalds for a breafast, and he followed me in. He approached the counter, and then walked away, and then approached the counter again, and then walked back. When I looked again, he had left the shop and was walking up the street.

I did not see him when I left the shop, but he had been walking up King Edward Street, that I was also walking up, and I was surprised that I could not see him. As I walked up Whitefriargate, I saw him, trying another shop door that was closed, and I guess he must have walked in a complete circle to arrive there.

I left him as he walked towards Alfred Gelder Street, and I to work.

http://www.the-barrel.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=468008#468008

The writer of the story should practice that little known British law that allows you, by paying £1.50 (I believe), to request a copy of any CCTV footage you have appeared in.

He should get back to MacDonalds, ask for a copy. Publish it with his story and make a mint!

One wonders why he never stopped to take a photo on his phone?

Moooksta said:
The writer of the story should practice that little known British law that allows you, by paying £1.50 (I believe), to request a copy of any CCTV footage you have appeared in.

Really? Man, I wish I'd known that years ago - one night, myself and my girlfriend at the time got a little to interested in each other's bodies in her car, which was parked in a side street next to a gay club in the center of Glasgow at chucking out time. You can guess what happened as the gathered masses spilled out onto the street :)

When we affixed our clothing *ahem*, I looked out of the windscreen and saw that the CCTV camera on the corner of the building was trained on the car, directly into the windscreen.

Now I'm married (to someone else), but after we split (very amicably, I might add) I could have used that tape on a cold winter night or two :)

Man who made Gatwick his home is jailed
Last Updated: 1:04am GMT 20/02/2008

A homeless chef who made Gatwick Airport his home for more than three years is behind bars for breaching an Asbo banning him from the site.

Anthony Delaney, 43, ate, showered and slept at the West Sussex airport. He only left the south terminal to collect his Jobseeker's Allowance, Lewes Crown Court was told.

The court heard that he did not suffer from mental health issues, was neither a drug nor alcohol addict and did not cause any problems.

He is said to have told his barrister that he was happier staying there because he was "clean, dry and warm".

Delaney first started living at the airport in 2004 and a year later he was officially banned under airport authority by-laws. He continued to defy the ban and an Asbo banning him from the airport and its railway station was imposed in 2006, which remains in force until 2011.

Yesterday he pleaded guilty to breaching the order for a third time. He was remanded in custody to be sentenced on March 10.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ick120.xml

Sad. It seems like a good idea. There's worse places than airports and plenty of opportunty for people-watching.

I suppose 'strange' is a rather relative concept.

Today there was a woman customer in the shop who was very smartly dressed and well made-up. Well-spoken and polite, her general demeanour was interested and civilised.

But she was strange for here!

Clearly not a local, nor even one of the many tourist types we get down here. I'd guess she was normal for Chelsea or some other posh London borough, though. Maybe when younger she was a 'deb' (do such creatures still exist?), but I suspect not one of the brightest!

Anyhow, one of my more memorable customers, and easier to deal with than many I could mention!

sounds easier to deal with than a guy we have at work, who's always trying to tell us about his plans to survive a nuclear attack by military rabbit breeding according to the prophecies of mother shipton.

seriously.

BlackRiverFalls said:
sounds easier to deal with than a guy we have at work, who's always trying to tell us about his plans to survive a nuclear attack by military rabbit breeding according to the prophecies of mother shipton.
That's excellent, it's nice to see someone applying fortean knowledge to a real-life situation. :D

I'd like to add my vote for Aberystwyth. Being a former student I know a bit about some of the strange characters in the town. My favourite was the running man who was about seventy and jogged all over the place in pink shorts. He had an aversion to cars and used to run out into the road, beating on the bonnets and yelling.
I also got heckled by a strange woman dressed in black at the station who kept shouting that she didn't want pity, and that people were to blame if their kids got locked up by the state in prisons they'd built for them. She kindly went to both ends of the platform so that everyone could hear her.
If you've read 'Aberystwyth Mon Amour' I can tell you it's not entirely fictional.
Other than that, it is quite a nice, quirky place and I still miss it.

Ring road tramp's unclaimed pot of gold
Last Updated: 1:53am GMT 06/03/2008

Relatives of a tramp who lived in the middle of a city ring road for more than 30 years could claim thousands of pounds from his estate.

Josef Stawinoga became well known when a group set up in his honour on the social networking website Facebook attracted thousands of members.

The 87-year-old was found dead in his tent on the central reservation of Wolverhampton's ring road in October.

Mr Stawinoga, reportedly came to Wolverhampton from Poland in the 1950s and worked at a steelworks before settling to live on Ring Road St Johns.

It is believed he left thousands of pounds in untouched pension money.

The Government is now trying to trace relatives who can prove they are entitled to claim a share of the cash. If no one is found, the money will go back into the public purse.

The Treasury Solicitor has advertised in a local newspaper in an attempt to trace Mr Stawinoga's family.

The exact figure of his estate has not been revealed, but it is believed to be in the thousands.

Known locally as Fred, Mr Stawinoga could often be seen sweeping around his tent. The council provided him with meals on wheels and replaced his tent when necessary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... amp106.xml

RIP, Fred...

Tonight in Truro I encountered a group of about four people who might have been homeless types (although they seemed to have some hi-tech gadgets with them).

On my way back from my walk I met them again (in a different place), and the woman who'd greeted me earlier told me that she was cooking Chicken Lorette(?) that night.

She said it was spicy chicken stuffed with human remains... :shock:

I said 'That sounds interesting!' and wished them Bon Appetit!

Now I don't know whether these were real weirdos, or people trying for a wind-up, or whether maybe the woman just got her words muddled up and meant to say something else!

I had a brolly with me, which is a good substitute for a pointed stick, but I was happy to get away from there...!

rynner said:
Tonight in Truro I encountered a group of about four people who might have been homeless types (although they seemed to have some hi-tech gadgets with them).

On my way back from my walk I met them again (in a different place), and the woman who'd greeted me earlier told me that she was cooking Chicken Lorette(?) that night.

She said it was spicy chicken stuffed with human remains... :shock:

I said 'That sounds interesting!' and wished them Bon Appetit!

Now I don't know whether these were real weirdos, or people trying for a wind-up, or whether maybe the woman just got her words muddled up and meant to say something else!

I had a brolly with me, which is a good substitute for a pointed stick, but I was happy to get away from there...!

:shock:

Wow.

There are many strange folk in this neighborhood I live in. There seems to be an abundance of scraggly old men who like to ride their adorned / customized bikes around all day while playing ELO and the Beatles on a giant boom box; occasionally taking a break with their radios in a seating area park triangle.

Oh, and I believe little of this, but two crazy stories were told to me when I moved here. So it's Strange Folk, once removed.

First was that someone on this street had a wolverine as a pet. He would take the creature on walks every day, and often encounter a neighbor walking his German Shepard. The man who owned the wolverine cautioned the dog owner every passing about contact. One day, the dog owner let loose a bit too much on his lease during one of these meeting, and the curious dog tried to sniff the wolverine. According to the story, the wolverine then killed the german shepard, and was taken away.

I know that sounds like a tall tale, but I almost believe it given the characters out here..anything is possible.

The other tale was about the strange neighbors behind me. We all have yards here and the one facing mine has a decrepid old peach tree. All the old tenants in this building, (some of whome grew up here or lived for over 20 years in residence) claim a horrible story about the old man who lives in that building, who once planted that peach tree years and years ago for his wife.

They say that in the 1950's a couple moved in, and were very much in love. Soon, the woman became with child. When the little boy was born, he was diagnosed with Downs Syndrome. The parents did not want to do anything but love their little boy, and gave him all the support and encouragement they could. He was however, very sheltered and never taken to school "proper". Hence, his development in certain areas of understanding were limited.

Years later, the son, now grown, witnessed his father using an ax to cut down parts of the peach tree for grooming purposes. When his father went inside, the son picked up the ax and meaning nothing but to express / imitate the action of his father, began to swing the ax. He went into the apt. to show his mother what he could do, just like Dad. In a sad consequence, not understanding fully the function of the tool, he hit his mother with it and she died. The son was then taken away.

For a while I saw the old strange man in spring just sort of sitting under the peach tree, and while gardening tried to strike up conversation lightly. He was always polite, but dressed in his bed clothes, and obviously not interested in being social, so I left it at that.

I mean no disrespect from this story-but am reiterating it as it was told to me, and I always felt bad for this strange old man who was always by himself.

Last spring though, I went outside and he was there. I went about my business and low and behold, almost fell over as for the first time in three years I see a woman and a grown son walk out the back door to help clean up the yard for the season while the father rested.

I just thought how awful it must be to have stories like that going round about one's family.

Chile pole dancer arrested

Police in Chile have arrested a stripper who was attempting to remove her clothes outside the presidential palace in the capital, Santiago.

Her arrest comes three days after she performed a series of striptease dances on the Santiago underground, the metro.

Monserrat Morilles told reporters that her performances were aimed at challenging the prudishness of Chilean society and that they would continue.

Chilean media has dubbed her "La Diosa

del Metro" or the Metro Goddess.

'Timid country'

Ms Morilles, 26, called her performances "happy minutes".

A professional pole dancer, she boarded the train at one station, and stripped down to skimpy underwear in time to exit at the next station.

"This is just a beginning. We are starting an idea here that will grow and be developed further," she told Reuters news agency as she was being taken into custody.

"Chile is still a pretty timid country," her manager, Gustavo Pradenas, said.

"People aren't very extroverted and we want to take aim at that and make Chile a happier country."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7501015.stm

Heavy metal monk in second album
By Frances Kennedy
BBC News, Rome

At first glance, Cesare Bonizzi looks like the archetypal Capuchin monk - round-faced, stout, with twinkling eyes and a long flowing white beard. But beneath his robes beats a heart of metal.

Brother Cesare is the lead singer in a heavy metal band which has just released its second album.

A former missionary in the Ivory Coast, he lives in a small friary in the Milan hinterland.

The 62-year-old monk's love affair with heavy metal began when he attended a Metallica concert some 15 years ago.

"I was overwhelmed and amazed by the sheer energy of it" he says.

Brother Metal

Hard rock and heavy metal have, over the years, been criticised as the work of the devil.

It's a claim which Brother Cesare, also known as Brother Metal, says is nonsense.

He started playing and recording cassettes, firstly with "lighter" metal music, but gradually he realised that what really moved him was the hard core. People think that I am in fancy dress, they can't believe a robed monk is on the stage playing their music

Brother Cesare Bonizzi

The members of his band were at first sceptical at the idea of teaming up with a Capuchin monk but their doubts soon evaporated.

"Five minutes after meeting Brother Cesare I decided to go ahead, because he manages to convey so much energy, that other musicians and youngsters often don't manage to express," lead guitarist, Cesare Zanotti, told Reuters.

Sex, drugs and alcohol

Brother Metal recently appeared in the Gods of Metal festival in Italy, along with giants such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Slayer, playing to a crowd of leather-clad hard-core metal fans.

"It was wonderful being there among all these young people" he told the Rome newspaper La Repubblica.

"The only problem was that at one stage out slipped a "what the f…" because each time some people think that I am in fancy dress, they can't believe a robed monk is on the stage playing their music".

With a booming voice, Brother Metal belts out lyrics that are decidedly gritty, talking about real-life issues and not shying away from sex, drugs and alcohol.

He does touch on faith and religion but is adamant that he is not seeking to draw people to Catholicism through his stage performances.

Video clips of his performances on YouTube have helped spread his popularity and fan base.

Devotion to God

His second heavy metal album, "Misteri" (Mysteries) has just been released.

In a sign of Brother Metal's eclecticism, it drew inspiration from a group of women in southern Italy who sang about Mary, the mother of Jesus, and a heavy metal version of that song is on the CD.

Other songs talk about how alcohol warms the heart but excess drinking can damage the liver, and how important sex is to man.

Brother Cesare says he has never had any trouble with his superiors over his choice of musical career and would like to send his new album to the Pope. "He is a music lover and metal is music!" he says.

While Brother Cesare always wears his traditional brown robe and sandals as a reminder that he has chosen a life of devotion to God, he is keen to distinguish established religion from faith, and from proselytising.

"I do it to convert people to life, to understand life, to grab hold of life, to savour it and enjoy it. Full stop" he says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7513571.stm

(with video!)

Saw an odd ball on a bus today. When he first spoke to the driver, I thought he was strange....

Then he changed seats several times, looking underneath them and even crawling around the floor as he searched. I guess he was looking for lost coins, because twice when the bus stopped near a phone box he hopped off and checked the returned-coins slot in the phone! :shock:

Other times he recited nonsense verse in a child's voice, and I also heard him tell someone he was 71 yesterday, although I would have said he was in his fifties at most.

Many mentally-ill people are relatively passive, but this character was almost hyperactive.

Disturbed and disturbing.

From time to time I see a bloke in a local supermarket who does his shopping with the basket over his head.

The first time I saw him I wondered if it was a temporary arrangement to free both hands or maybe a forlorn attempt to amuse a child.

Since then, I have seen him three times; he is always alone and browsing the aisles with this odd choice of helmet. I have never seen him put anything in the basket to join his head.

Probably the oddest aspect of it is that nobody else seems to bat an eyelid. Maybe it was Singulars' Night? :shock:

My mum's been in hospital for a couple of weeks so I go and visit each day. Across the busy road in front of the hospital on the street corner there frequently stands a tramp in the same spot. Shaggy hair and beard, scruffy clothes, tall but with a slouch, asking passersby if they can spare a few pence.

Like everyone else you shrug your apologies or pretend not to hear.

Last week as I left the hospital I saw 2 young women were engaged in conversation with him. I didn't hear a word but could instantly surmise they must be asking him about his situation and how it came to be etc. In the time it took me to walk past a few scenarios flashed through my mind.

Were they nurses? Relatives or old friends who recognised him and wanted to know how he'd come to this? Or maybe christians out to do some good. Who knows.

24 hours later, I'm on my way in and have to do a double take. Is that...? Clean, combed hair, neatly trimmed beard, seemingly brand new clothes including a nice clean black coat, standing tall and smoking a cigarette. Only...he's also in the same spot he was every other day (which begs the question has whoever done this done him any favours? Who'd give charity to a well dressed man!? To which an american might wittily reply "Congress!") I didn't see him ask anyone for anythng this time I should say.

But I want to know what happened! Who were those women and how much have they turned his life around? How frustrating. It's like seeing the beginning and end of movie and missing all the middle out!

A week passes before I see him again and he's stanidng in the same spot, again not appearing to beg, and still in his finery with a jaunty scarf and puffing on his ciggie like a man in a velvet smoking jacket.

****post script*****
After I told this on a message board someone piped up claiming...almost inevitably ...that he knows or knows of this person and he's not really poor, but is in fact very rich, and he just does it for some bizarre reason. They sounded sincere but since that sounds so close to both an urban legend and daily mail prejudice its hard to believe it without great reluctance

Near where I grew up there was a tramp who lived rough in the town centre even though he had more than enough money to live in a house. So it can happen.

There was a tramp that i used to see on my way to work in Liverpool. He was a real old school tramp, huge gray beard, filthy donkey jacket, brown nicotine stained everything and old tennis shoes with no toes in and grotty toes visible.
My friend at work took pity on him as it got close to winter and bought him a new pair of trainers which he took acepted from her. We spoke to him for a while and went on our way.
The next day on the way to work i noticed that he was wearing his new trainers, with the toes newly cut out of them, happy as anything. I guess he just liked his shoes that way.
There used to be another tramp in Liverpool that begged with a cardboard guitar. I would have said plays a cardboard guitar but mostly he just stood there moving his hand around near the drawn on strings and grunting.
I mentioned him to my grandad and he remembers him being around since the fifties! I don't think it can be the same guy, but a passed on begging strategy.
I do seem to atract the more strange members of society generally (they must sense something) so have many i could mention here but these two just stood out as living in a completely different world.

Graylien - I was delighted to see a reference to both Radio Man and Puppet Man, since I also hail from The Fine City. I wonder if you've met any of these other oddities.

Until recently I worked for a popular high street health food retailers which seemed to entice more than its fair share of oddities. Perhaps it was because I preferred to blast out Bauhaus over the speakers rather than my managers usual R&B nonsense, but I have to say, these people were often much more fun to have around than the main demographic of snotty upper-middle-class women.

I did indeed receive a visit from Radio Man, although he never purchased anything. There was also an old woman who stank of gin, and was desperate to talk about "life after death". Then there was the old man who looked like Saint Nick after a couple of months living in a field - he would have twigs and such matted into his hair, and carried tobacco around in a little string bag.
One of the more unpleasant visitors was a man who was quite obviously bat-feces insane; he'd come in once a week, regular as clockwork, with a smug grin seemingly frozen on his face. He'd say "hello" obout five times, and witter something about a "lovely day for cricket" before leaning over the counted and trying to grope my upper body. Luckily, pushing him off lightly seemed to give him the picture, and he would leave, not before saying "hello" a few more times for good measure.

Seen The Norwich Gimp about? I've noticed him around less and less. He's an old guy, around seventy, who, on first impression, seems to be an alien being who's tried his hardest to get the hang of human clothing from very limited sources. His favourite outfit seems to consist of a tight leather hood with the face protruding, along with a full-body jumpsuit with a stripe down the side. Other outfits include a very long, black Edwardian dress, a gold miniskirt and Cleopatra wig, an almost-normal ladies' denim skirt, jacket and high-heeled boots, and another jumsuit, only in mustard-yellow lycra. Each time, the hood remains. I've seen him come in and out of a boarded-up house on a nice street near my parents' home.

I'm always told there are interesting stories behind all of the norwich "crazies" - most of them onvolve the person in question being very wealthy before some incident or other caused a masive breakdown. I'd be interested to hear stories from other East Anglians!

Back