• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oklahoma car lot ghost on video?

It hasnt convinced me anyway! it could be anything from a fake to something on the camera lense, even on the 100k version its too lo-res to tell!

I would have to agree...

Hardly ghostly movements. But it did make a TV news report.

Unconvinced - yet what would convince me? Its a question I'll have to answer one day.....:(

It was quite spectacular, but something didn't ring true about it . . .

Carole

Re: I would have to agree...

Maxwell said:
Hardly ghostly movements. But it did make a TV news report.

The movement is probably due to it being CCTV footage recorded on a time lapse video, possibly via a multiplexor of some kind.
Depending on the type of system and the number of cameras encoding, each Jump of the "ghost" can be a frame followed by a four second gap or so before the next frame is recorded. Playback will give the impression of something jumping about.

Looks like someone wandering round to me.

I'll go back into lurkmode.

:)

Three vehicles on the lot that night where involved in fatal accidents.

A paranormal investigator says its possible the mysterious figure could have been one of those spirits, searching for its car.

Alternatively, as pointed out above, it could be someone who's broken in and is wandering about looking for radios to steal, or who left something, erm, not necessarily legal in the glove compartment and has come to retrieve it (one of my former neighbours worked at the city car pound here, and this happened quite a lot: the fact that the pound is 300 yards from a police station indicates the lengths some people will go to).

Better video here

The "ghost" seems to be suspended in the air floating over the cars.

hmmmm....

This is more strange than it first appeared. The new link worked for me, and showed four different surveillance camera angles. While only the one had the "ghost," another showed the time elapsing. If they're consistent, the figure is flitting about. At first I thought that the surveillance camera was only taking a picture every few seconds.

It also appears that the figure is floating above the ground, and in less distinct than the cars in the lot! I'd like to compare it to an image from the same camera of normal folks walking around the lot. Still and all, very strange and intriguing. Reminds me of that spooky film from a Japanese parking deck, in which a woman in white appears to float from one side of the screen to another.

I've got a Quicktime movie somewhere (copied from the late Freakylinks.com) that shows what appears to be a grey alien dressed in a business suit -- with hat -- walking through a parking garage late at night.

Of course, it could be a midget with large dark sunglasses -- either way, interesting to watch!

If this vid has been discussed and/or debunked... let me know!

TVgeek

From the second link:

Others at Puckett’s theorize this image is that of a woman involved in a horrible wreck that took her life several weeks ago. Her insurance company moved the wreckage of her truck just hours before the image was caught on tape.

This brings back the question of what ghosts (pre-supposing this is a video of a ghost) haunt: the location of death, in this case presumably a stretch of road, or the environment at the time of death, again in this case the truck.

The scrapyard actually only has a tangential relationship with this dead woman: she didn't die there, geographically, which would leave the option of her ghost being somehow attached to the truck wreckage: if that was the case, surely it would have moved off when the insurance company removed the wreck earlier that day: come to that, what would happen to such a ghost when the wreckage was presumably crushed/melted down/whatever? Wandering spirit? Don't buy that, myself, as by that logic it would be wandering the stretch of road on which it crashed.

So, despite IMHO discounting that particular theory, the video as shown by the second link is far better: was watching it when my seven year old commented that he thought it was someone doing tricks on a scooter or skateboard!

The motion is odd though, exactly as you'd expect from time-lapse: wonder whether that camera was set that way while the others were not? As there's not motion on the others it's difficult to tell.

Just my two penn'orth.

Stu

The ghost looks out of proportion with the size of the cars. In the first few seconds the figure looks far too big and then seems to reduce dramatically in size. It's a strange one.

Strange. The jury may be out but to paraphrase Stoo: Why would she haunt that place? Had she left here personal sterio in the car?

Maybe there was something in the car (truck) that she
considered valuable and was worried about? Or was the
vehicle itself her pride and joy, and when she "regained consciousness" (so to speak) she immediately appeared
where it was... that was her attachment, not the actual spot on the road where she died.

FWIW
TVgeek

TVgeek said:
I've got a Quicktime movie somewhere (copied from the late Freakylinks.com) that shows what appears to be a grey alien dressed in a business suit -- with hat -- walking through a parking garage late at night.

Of course, it could be a midget with large dark sunglasses -- either way, interesting to watch!

If this vid has been discussed and/or debunked... let me know!

Well, considering that FREAKYLINKS was a fictional TV show and website made by the same people behind THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT..........

Ghost on Surveillance Video?

Browsing about this morning, and came across an interesting item... apparently, a surveillance camera in a car salvage/repair lot in Oklahoma caught an image of what might be described as a ghost or apparitiion. Three vehicles brought in that night had been involved in fatal accidents and some were speculating there was a link; others seem convinced (for no reason that I could determine from the news coverage!) that the "ghost" in question was a particular woman from one of the crashes (seems basically to be wishful thinking from her family, to me - hope that does not sound unkind!)..

Regardless, the footage IS interesting and fun to look at... kinda creepy and cool all at once. Will be interesting to see if this story gathers any national attention... you can see footage and story at an Oklahoma TV station's website, http://www.kfor.com...

Have fun!

Shadow

Yes, Freakylinks was fictional, but many of the stories
(NOT ones investigated by the "webmaster") were
submitted by the general populace. I personally had
contributed some critiques of several videos (since I work in the
field, and saw the obvious "errors") which were posted
to the site just as I had written them.

The video I was referring to probably cost someone
alot of money in makeup and actors, if not genuine.
I'm not saying it WAS the real-deal... it was just fun to
speculate about!

TVgeek

At the moment it seems the trend for ghosts to be spotted on camera...

Supermarket spectre finally makes haunting appearance on store
Spooked shop assistants reckon they have finally caught a resident ghost on CCTV after 17 years of it haunting a supermarket.

The spectre, which is said to lurk in Somerfield, Great Missenden, has made itself known to staff by pulling their hair, screaming and knocking goods off the shelves.

The nocturnal spirit only makes an appearance in anti-social hours and keeps himself out of the way of shoppers at the Station Approach store.

But last week staff claim they caught it on film when the figure of a man walking up and down the first aisle appeared on film throughout the night.

The Free Press tried to obtain the chilling CCTV footage but shop managers said they could not hand it over for security reasons.

However Jacqui Hawes, duty manager, explained that staff are well aware that their workplace is haunted.

She said: "A lot of things have happened. We have been having it for years and it is quite frightening. It is just active early in the mornings and when staff are on their own. Things used to fly off the shelves and when we had a refit I felt my hair being pulled. I just pulled my hair back.

"But also the room goes really cold. The heavy doors opened on their own as well. You usually have to push them hard to open them fully.

"We heard shouting down the bottom warehouse and we were on our own. We were so scared we shut ourselves in here [the office] and locked the door. When we went to get out, the door was unlocked.

"It is scary but the ghost is quite friendly. I have been here 17 years and it has been an on-going thing."

Caroline Groom, who also works at the store, said they won't be calling the Ghostbusters in at the moment, although they have discussed the idea before.

She added: "We don't often hear or see it, just every now and again. A woman who works here saw it on camera six months ago but that is the only proof we have really got.

"It just looks like he was walking slowly in the aisle. It is just a shape, it is not really clear. He appeared last Monday and we saw it throughout the night."

There is a thread about that, blakta dear, but it has one of those "wow check this out" titles, making for a frustrating search.

It was over two years ago, IIRC.

Minor Drag said:
There is a thread about that, blakta dear, but it has one of those "wow check this out" titles, making for a frustrating search.

It was over two years ago, IIRC.

What's your take on it? Do you think it has any substance or do you think it's just another load-o-crap? :roll:

~Kim~

A paranormal investigator says its possible the mysterious figure could have been one of those spirits, searching for its car.
Doomed to wander the earth forever...

blakta2 said:
What's your take on it? Do you think it has any substance or do you think it's just another load-o-crap? :roll:

~Kim~

I don't think it's a load of crap. I also don't (necessarily) believe it to be the spirit of the poor woman killed in that car. Both explanations, in their way, are too exclusive.

I think it's interesting, and gives me a tingle to look at it. It's evocative, unsettling, and a little sad.

Found it!

[edit- I've disabled the link as the threads are now merged, Quixote]

deleted by myself due to a complete lack of grasping reality.

I'd like to see the actual tape and not a poorly-compressed, edited internet clip the size of a stamp. It doesn't look like anything at all to me - just some white blob jumping around a blurry car lot. :?

After watching it a few times on full screen option...I noticed that the figure is double exposed onto the frame with an inconsistent orientation of depth of field.
It appears the figure is far closer than the background and when it reaches the far left , (Our left) it stands over a car as though it was hovering about 12 feet above it and about 15 feet closer to the camera.
Yet, when it goes to the right, it's even more out of lign with the background, suggesting it is recorded at a different angle and height than that of the ground.
This to me suggests foul play and not a very good attempt.

Aha! I watched an interesting program on National Geographic channel last night called Paranormal. It had the usual examples of hauntings, photos and clips etc...but for the last 20 mins or so, the sceptics were allowed to give their verdict and recreate them.
They did this and showed various examples of ignorance and belief rather than ghosts and spiritualism. For example...the stereotype American medium, (They should be called "Larges") dressed typically in theatrical arty farty clothes, overweight and short, talking about energy and vibrations and all that crap. She had an "EMP Detector" and at one point in the corridor, she went on about how thick the atmosphere was and that the detector was going wild. "It's a sure sign that the deceased is in this part of the house!"...Hmmmm. Later, the sceptics went in with proper equipment and found in that part of the house, bare live wiring!
Anyway, the point of my post...They showed this ghost video in the scrap yard and deduced what it really showed and it's so bloody simple I didn't think of it!
They used a child's action figure toy suspended on string with a torch over it and simply swung it in a circle infront of a security camera. It looked exactly the same! Movement and size etc. Firstly they tried it using a sheet of glass to reflect it into the lense to give it a transparrancy, but that wasn't needed as the focal length of the camera naturally made the close up image appear see through.
I rather think this one's been solved too.
It explains why the perspectives were out and why it looks to be hovering.
Good program that!
(Oh...they showed various methods of creating "Orbs" and "Vortex" pics too..Yes, camera straps, hair, smoke, vapour and dust/insects..as you suspected!)
More, lots more too.

Back