• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Out of Sync Time

A

Anonymous

Don't know if this qualifies up there with aliens and the mothman but I can't explain it.

It was Saturday morning and I got up as usual got dressed put on my watch that I had placed on my sink the night before getting into bed. The day progressed normally. My son was waiting for a friend of his to bring him a belated Christmas present at about 3:30.

Later that day my son yelled down from upstairs that it was almost 3:30. I told him he better check again since my watch said it was almost 2:30. He said "no, I think it is almost 3:30" so I confirmed it on my computer and the microwave. I suspected the batteries in my watch at first but it was exactly 1 hour behind. My watch has hands and a screw down crown so you would have to manually adjust it back and I see no way for it to happen by accident. I called my wife, who had gone shopping, on her cell and asked if she had touched my watch. She said "no" and commented she has to get me to set the time on her watch anyway. I set the time and forgot the incident.

That same evening my wife and I sat down to watch a movie. After the movie was over my wife walked into our bedroom and commented how long the movie must have been as it was 11:45. I looked at my watch, which said 10:45, but since the incident earlier in the day confirmed with the microwave and other clocks in the house that it was indeed 10:45. I walked into the bedroom and her nightstand clock read 11:45 and my nightstand clock read 10:45. Hers was exactly 1 hour ahead.

I told her this and she didn't think much of it until I reminded her of my call earlier to her about my watch being 1 hour behind. We both felt a little chill about the whole thing.

Neither my wife nor myself had adjusted our timepieces recently for any reason. Since this happend about a week ago both have kept perfect time.

Maybe this was an extremely strange coincedence or someone sliped into my bedroom while we were sleeping and changed the times. I don't know, any ideas?

I think this kind of thing happens more often than we think. My quess is that most people ignore it, thinking that they've just forgotten they changed something etcetera.

Others believe that entities from the ususally invisible realms, such as ghosts, or house elves, are responsible for these things. The thought is that they are attempting to communicate with you, or simply amusing themselves.

You might find realityshifters.com interesting. There are numerous reports of time/space shifts recorded there.

I think that your watch is simply an hour behind. You may have accidentally set it like that or summat.

The Fact I do have is I didn't change my watch (no doubts) and it hasnt had anymore 1 hour skips.

I don't find mysteries in everything. I've never seen a ghost or a UFO that I'm aware of, and tend to be sceptical. I just can't explain this minor strange little event away.

P.S. Thanks for the realityshifters site, I'll check it out.

one explanation for a clock being behind is that sometimes the clock hands can come loose of the machinery, therefore the clock keeps ticking but the hands don't move until they catch onto the machinery again

Fair enough, but that wouldn't explain two different clocks, one being digital both off 1 hour exactly (one behind one ahead). The coincedence is what got my attention.

It just came to me that I forgot to warn you about something. You may be put off at the new-age feeling of the site I recommended earlier. Don't be. I was at first, and I thought perhaps the posters there were simply forgetful people with overactive imaginations, or just nuts as the case may be, but I kept reading out of curiosity.

The long and short is, after reading all of the experiences posted there, I think a few may be as I suspected above, but that the majority are real experiences, that is, the real paranormal thing. Some of them are truly fascinating. Hope you enjoy.

Back