• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Over the M6 Today (IHTM)

RaM

Justified & Ancient
I was out on the bike about 1:30 and noticed what at first I took to be a very big hot air balloon,
we see them quite often, it was about 5 miles from me it disappeared behind some trees I then realised
it was moving fast faster than a light aircraft, and it was not the usual teardrop shape but a very
large dirty grey ball, no wind to speak of I estimate it was about 5 miles from me at about 2/3 hundred feet doing 2/3 hundred mph, roughly tracking along the M6 going North about half way between Preston
and Lancaster heading for Lancaster, I then had to take two corners and lost sight of it.
About a mile down the roar I cam across a Merc crawling along on the centerline like 5 mph and a little
further a Vauxhall stopped in a bad and unusual place and wounder if they had seen the same thing.
Lancaster Uni have a site to forecast Aroa though the actual detector seems to be in Scotland but when
I got home I had a look and there is a blip on the chart, what was it, haven't a clue nothing I have
seen before.

Arora.png

Lancaster Uni have a site to forecast Aroa though the actual detector seems to be in Scotland but when
I got home I had a look and there is a blip on the chart, what was it, haven't a clue nothing I have
seen before.

View attachment 2726
I don't understand this bit.
Please explain further, thanks.

Bad spelling sorry

aurora

Thinking about it I rather think it had something to do with weather conditions but only a guess.

Last edited:
For anyone interested I have just received a amber alert for Aurora activity
so look to the northern skies tonight.

Last edited:
Back