• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Paranormal Witness

JackDark

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Anyone seen any of these? On the Really channel, Thursday nights 2100. A great watch, much better than Most Haunted!

Watched the one about the man in the attic tonight, pretty scary stuff, with a couple of 'evidential' pics to boot. Have to say that anything that involves 'blood appearing from inanimate objects' kinda brings the whole thing into question for me, as maybe a fib too far, but still, a very spooky tale, as they generally are in this series.

Some of them are a little stretched, with talking head saying 'the photo flew off the wall' followed by a five minute re-enactment of a photo in a frame flying off the wall. For the most part though, they are worth watching and certainly better than the other paranormal show they show on 'Really' in the UK, Ghost Adventures which should be called 'Three douches in search of the paranormal'.

I've just started getting into this show when I have the chance to see it. The reenactments are a little overdone sometimes, but I'll take that over Most Haunted's "Oh look how spooky it is and how scared we are for real!" style (at least that's the style I had when I gave up on it a few years ago... Has it improved any?)

I've just finished the first series of this - compelling stuff and quite scary too.

It's on netflix as well chaps, defo on US version and I am sure its on the UK one as well.

Excellent one on Travis Walton last night, featured interviews with all the people involved including the local sheriff. Interesting to see that almost forty years later emotions are still very strong about what happened.

Excellent one on Travis Walton last night

Agreed. I'm pretty much a total sceptic with all abduction stories but had admittedly not read all the details of the Travis Walton case & found the programme yesterday very compelling. A lot of the original participants featured, including the police & lie detector tester. I didn't know that he was missing for more than 48 hours & that the other guys were consequently suspected of murdering him.

As Heckler said, all the men involved in the incident were apparently still visibly affected more than 35 years later and appeared to be very genuine. Most of them seemed never to have got over it and still had no rational explanation. Either they are all good actors or something genuinely extraordinary occurred.

I just watched the warewolf/ghost in the garden episode.

the key to a good paranormal documentary is the dramatised reconstructions. If a program doesn't do this then it is rarely interesting.

Love the Hollywood sign epside, very scary, and the capitol theatre Utah was scary also.

ChrisBoardman said:
Love the Hollywood sign epside, very scary, and the capitol theatre Utah was scary also.

Yes, it's a superb series, much better than any of the other 'ghost' programmes around at the moment.

Anyone else seen the man In The attic one yet? Be interested to hear the thoughts on the tale, and the pictures. This episode resonated most with me, because we have a loft hatch in our bedroom, and I can't go to bed at night now without thinking of it! :?

I have seen that one. The photo of the bloke getting 'hung' in the attic is hard to explain rationally.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the series - well those epiosdes I have seen so far.

Its far better than MH or the usual american ghost hunter format.

This morning before work I watched the Haunting in Connecticut one. That is the first time in a long time I've felt a bit unsettled watching something.I knew nothing of the case before this as haven't watched the film. The fact that the real people involved in the cases make it more credible.

But who the hell would make a mortuary into a kids bedroom in the first place? Wouldn't you give them a room upstairs?

Before work? Odd time to watch such a program? Anyway, I watched the same one this week, not one of the best - but I've seen the movie so I knew the score beforehand. But, yes, why the kids were dumped in the basement/mortuary was not clear, and surely destined for failure.

What the Ku Klux Klan blokes were doing down there though is anyones guess. ... and fussing round a toy robot?

The mind boggles. :shock:

I've watched a couple of the 'Haunted Collector' shows. It's OK but how come they always seem to get a result, and nearly always find something that nobody knew was there?
It also annoys me that they refer to an EMF type device as something that indicates the presence of a spirit.

Excellent one on Travis Walton last night, featured interviews with all the people involved including the local sheriff. Interesting to see that almost forty years later emotions are still very strong about what happened.

Excellent it's on Really right now in the U.K.

My favourite episode is series 1, episode 3, on youtube here. First half a particularly nasty polt, the second a genuinely scary sasquatch encounter in the cascades. The whole thing's well made and startlingly unsettling (saw it late at night on my own first time round. Bad idea.)

Last edited:
I watched the Travis Walton episode last night. Those reptile like aliens sent a shiver down my spine.

After watching it I began wondering if Travis was taken simply because he got too close to the UFO and was coated with too much radiation. Those reptile creatures could have simply been removing it from his body.

After watching it I began wondering if Travis was taken simply because he got too close to the UFO and was coated with too much radiation. Those reptile creatures could have simply been removing it from his body.
Yeah, that was my take on the whole thing too.
I thought that they noticed he'd been affected by their anti-grav drive, and they'd decided to give him a medical check-up to make sure he was OK.

Back